Base Ideas

OniZero713

Hello all, 

So i'm sitting here thinking about what my next base building project should be. I've seen some cool videos and I've gotten some ideas that I'm working on ( thanks to GG Fizz and Sl1pg8r ) but now i want to ask other survivors on the ark. If you guys have screens or want to post vid links on a build you are proud of please share. I'd to see what people are building and use that as inspiration. Bridges, towers, forts, castles or anything else you think is neat and would like to share with everyone. 

Thanks again guys and gals

Hey @OniZero713, have you seen Zueljin's raft base from season 3 on the pooping evolved server? that looks pretty cool and is unique also. It is quite a challenge also.

I am personally waiting for the sealed underwater bases, so I can just live out my days on the back of Porridge Sunrise (my plessy).

There are some pretty cool sky bases as well. Also the bases that are in the obelisk are different and cool looking.

21 hours ago, Rippy said:

Hey @OniZero713, have you seen Zueljin's raft base from season 3 on the pooping evolved server? that looks pretty cool and is unique also. It is quite a challenge also.

I am personally waiting for the sealed underwater bases, so I can just live out my days on the back of Porridge Sunrise (my plessy).

There are some pretty cool sky bases as well. Also the bases that are in the obelisk are different and cool looking.

I honestly cant wait for the sealed underwater bases. I've already come up with a plan of what I would like to do with it. I havent ventured into the caves as of yet though, to scary fo me at the moment, after 4 hours of gameplay the Mega Pirranahs still hold the key to ruining my day. I like to incorpate some Role Playing into my gaming experiance also, so when I die, I log-off for the day and dont come back until the next day. Becomes a little hard sometimes, especially when I'm building something... I imagine the underwater base will take me some time.

You can already have a secret sealed underwater base, there's one location on the ARK "The Island" where the water ends and a large air bubble exists allowing you to build as if in an underwater cave without the cave walls.

You can therefore plant turrets that will shoot in all directions into the water around the location.

Since it's not in the ocean, as far as I know you can't get any ocean dinos in there to help attack either except if you tried breeding in there lol...good luck

On 03/05/2016 at 9:23 PM, DRKing said:

Check out monkeyfarm's vids. He's on pooping evolved server too and has had some really interesting builds throughout the seasons. His season 3 PvP "tree house" base was awesome. He also had a skull base in season 2 I believe. 

Yes..  100% agree Monkey farms Tree house is a great example of foundation use and how to make a base look unsupported other than a single connection to the ground..   Though this method can be very expensive if you accidently delete a supporting foundation..   I grew tired of building boxes so I built a box in the sky ;-) With behemoth gates and attached to large rocks.  I really learned alot about structure support from watching Monkey farm build his tree house. .  

Well, since you asked ;)

This is a tour video of my eternally under construction base.

I also have videos of some other builds on my channel, I admit I have also taken a lot of inspiration from GG Fizz and have since improved building, but the Arkanus (my base) was still my first major Ark project and I think it makes up for mediocre design with sheer scale. :P 

18 hours ago, Cymas said:

Well, since you asked ;)

This is a tour video of my eternally under construction base.

I also have videos of some other builds on my channel, I admit I have also taken a lot of inspiration from GG Fizz and have since improved building, but the Arkanus (my base) was still my first major Ark project and I think it makes up for mediocre design with sheer scale. :P 

Fantastic base, but I've never understood why build a room that is 1/4 empty. If i place crop plots I jam them together as close as they will go, no space between them. You can always walk over the top of them, no matter how many there are. I guess it is a matter of style. The extra space sure looks impressive though, can't say I've built a base that looks even 1/4 as impressive as this.

@wildbill

It's entirely for aesthetics. I don't play on PVP so I can afford to "waste" the space. I mean, it's not like I have a particular lack of it lol. I want my base to be functional but also look like it's actually "lived" in, which is why some of my rooms are technically nonfunctional, but I feel they still add to my base. It's why I also don't have all my storage boxes jammed together like you usually see, I just hate the way that looks even if it is more efficient.

• Volunteer Moderator
21 minutes ago, Cymas said:

@wildbill

It's entirely for aesthetics. I don't play on PVP so I can afford to "waste" the space. I mean, it's not like I have a particular lack of it lol. I want my base to be functional but also look like it's actually "lived" in, which is why some of my rooms are technically nonfunctional, but I feel they still add to my base. It's why I also don't have all my storage boxes jammed together like you usually see, I just hate the way that looks even if it is more efficient.

While my crafting and raw mat storage area is built around efficieny, including being able to bring just about any animal right up to the work/storage area, I also have a kitchen area, a breeding area, a man cave for my trophies and such, and small green house on the top.  I could actually get more usable space out of my building by doing floors every 2 levels instead of 3(but the ramps fit so much better every 3) and could get even more(for less mats) by pushing out the walls and eliminating the corner towers(just make them into corners), but I would not like the base nearly as much.

Archived