Name Association

d1nk

Hello!

Real important thread here. Need community input. So here's the problem: 

We call new guys "Beach Bobs" but what do we associate people who are experienced with a name? We could even have two designations; one for industrial tier one for a tek tier player.

My thought: Fred for Industrial and Tom / Tommy for Tek. 

"Look at that Tommy Tek over there" 

What are your thoughts? 

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Hello!

Real important thread here. Need community input. So here's the problem: 

We call new guys "Beach Bobs" but what do we associate people who are experienced with a name? We could even have two designations; one for industrial tier one for a tek tier player.

My thought: Fred for Industrial and Tom / Tommy for Tek. 

"Look at that Tommy Tek over there" 

What are your thoughts? 

People are called "Beach Bobs" because the default character name used to be Bob for guys and Jane for girls. Tons of people would create a default character and log out on the beach so eventually the name stuck.

Beach bob is mainly an insult. People are called alpha or beta tribes based on their tribe and base size. Your other names are bad honestly and don't make any sense.

27 minutes ago, Bobo1234 said:

People are called "Beach Bobs" because the default character name used to be Bob for guys and Jane for girls. Tons of people would create a default character and log out on the beach so eventually the name stuck.

Beach bob is mainly an insult. People are called alpha or beta tribes based on their tribe and base size. Your other names are bad honestly and don't make any sense.

Where are your suggestions? What about before, when they were default Human and we still called them beach bobs? 

If they're so bad, I'd like to see your suggestions on it

47 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

I like Fred like flintstones, maybe bambam or barney would work too. To keep it in theme Id say Elroy or Astro like the jetsons for tek tier.

Also good to see you active on here again, I remember like a year ago you said you were checkin out and didnt play much anymore, They always come back :)

Thanks! Yeah I took a break (well I thought it was quitting but you know..) just had that hankering to mess with dinosaurs again. Sorry for the triple post, I didnt really plan my reply out well lol

8 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Where are your suggestions? What about before, when they were default Human and we still called them beach bobs? 

If they're so bad, I'd like to see your suggestions on it

Human came AFTER Bob.

Bob was the default survivor name in Legacy.

I don't want to be called Freddy or Tim or Tom or whatever so I have no suggestions. 

There already is a name for players who have tek. Being "Tek-tier".

29 minutes ago, Bobo1234 said:

Human came AFTER Bob.

Bob was the default survivor name in Legacy.

I don't want to be called Freddy or Tim or Tom or whatever so I have no suggestions. 

There already is a name for players who have tek. Being "Tek-tier".

Must be my old memory playing tricks on me then, been awhile.

Man, it must be exhausting being so miserable / serious. Have some fun, dude.:Jerblove:

Archived