Have I messed up my breeding line?

JJacky

I tamed and bred some rexes into a perfect level 250 line, but then noticed I had missed some mutations along the way and so all females and male have 2/20 in the mutation counter. When they breed together, the counter goes up regardless of whether there is a new mutation or not. Have I pretty much messed everything up because at this rate the dinos will reach the 20+/20 cap in a few generations? How can I clean my dinos?

Thanks.

Yea your not doing anything wrong per se but if you are trying to keep the dinos mutation counter down and only show actual new mutations than you need to breed your mutated male with clean 0/0 females or the mutation counter will just keep going up and up. Babies lineage mutation counter just adds together the lineage mutations of the parents regardless of there being a new mutation. Definitely worth checking out some of the long winded youtube videos on super breeding that will explain this and other caveats that you may not have known.

Also yes as @square5355 said as long as 1 of the creatures has less than 20 mutations on their lineage page then you are capable of getting a mutation but your odds are cut in half as your mutation could be chosen to go to the side thats over 20 and therefore you wont get anything. This is usually something to think about after you fill 20 real mutations on a single creature.

I have done some serious reading on breeding and mutations. Thus far all my projects have involved clean females that breed with a single male that keeps all the wanted mutations. This time I just wasnt paying attention and noticed some mutations had slipped in. The male has 2/20 paternal and all the females have 2/20 maternal. I guess I cant use this line to do serious breeding, because eventually the numbers add up and I wont get any more mutations.

2 hours ago, JJacky said:

I have done some serious reading on breeding and mutations. Thus far all my projects have involved clean females that breed with a single male that keeps all the wanted mutations. This time I just wasnt paying attention and noticed some mutations had slipped in. The male has 2/20 paternal and all the females have 2/20 maternal. I guess I cant use this line to do serious breeding, because eventually the numbers add up and I wont get any more mutations.

Unless you purge the line with clean lines, yeah. You can push all the muts to one side so you always have that clean reset 0/20 - I believe it still works like that

3 hours ago, JJacky said:

Nah, you will still get mutations. You're just going to lock up your males side a little faster. If your 2/20 females are kept as is it'll just add that 2 onto each baby (assume you keep a male with the next mute stat) so it'll just go 5/20, 8/20, 11/20, etc. as you get a new male with new desired mute. 

Archived