Caves or Areas like the Swamp cave on other arks?

TinyForearms

I'm thinking of transferring to either Rag or The Center, I'm wondering if there are areas like the Swamp Cave from The Island. Areas where large amounts of insects gather in one area. I gathered insane amounts of Cementing Paste there with my frog and I'm reluctant to leave the island mainly because of that. Playing on singleplayer btw.

1 minute ago, ajrollins11 said:

Rag has caves similar, but Rag also has 2 spots with tons of beaver dams to farm Cementing Paste from. Just take out the paste, dump everything else (or take it) so the dam despawns and let them build more dams. Rinse repeat.

I don't really rely on beaver dams. Don't get me wrong, I know they are a good source for quick paste but I only find a few dams, like one or two in an area and their spawn locations are too far apart across the map (on the Island of course)

Like around how much paste are we talking in a single run? and what are the dangers involved (aside from the beavers)

10 hours ago, TinyForearms said:

I don't really rely on beaver dams. Don't get me wrong, I know they are a good source for quick paste but I only find a few dams, like one or two in an area and their spawn locations are too far apart across the map (on the Island of course)

Like around how much paste are we talking in a single run? and what are the dangers involved (aside from the beavers)

There's a few big spots. Official rates can net you 1k paste easily in a go there. There's loads of big beaver dams (not the small ones like the island) its much much easier than gearing a swamp cave run, speaking from experience. 

Rag is awesome. I enjoy crystal isles the same way but rag is definitely way better for dams

2 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

The Center has tons of bugs in its caves, and you can just Megatherium your way through them and get tons of Chitin. Or go to the Volcano and collect it from the Scorpions there, everything except the Rexes and Gigas will leave your Mega alone. 

He wants the bugs for cemete paste on a frog :D

Swamp Cave is unique for that many Mosquito's in one area. 

Rag and Valguero both spawn a decent amount of Beaver Dams though. On Rag you can easily get 3k paste clearing the dams by green ob and some will respawn from while still clearing. They also spawn a big swath of them next to Viking Bay and between Viking Bay and the Canyon. That's like 20 Dams a run easily.

If you have paid DLC's there's a bunch of dams in Sunken Forest on Extinction but currently the easiest way is to run the Alpha Frog protect mission on Genesis and use the Hex points to buy a slot cap of paste.

8 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Swamp Cave is unique for that many Mosquito's in one area. 

Rag and Valguero both spawn a decent amount of Beaver Dams though. On Rag you can easily get 3k paste clearing the dams by green ob and some will respawn from while still clearing. They also spawn a big swath of them next to Viking Bay and between Viking Bay and the Canyon. That's like 20 Dams a run easily.

If you have paid DLC's there's a bunch of dams in Sunken Forest on Extinction but currently the easiest way is to run the Alpha Frog protect mission on Genesis and use the Hex points to buy a slot cap of paste.

One question and I'm a bit embarrassed to ask: I know the strat of building a bed nearby and just collect from your corpse 
but... can I kill the beavers anyway? like the beavers respawn too, right and dams along with them

24 minutes ago, TinyForearms said:

One question and I'm a bit embarrassed to ask: I know the strat of building a bed nearby and just collect from your corpse 
but... can I kill the beavers anyway? like the beavers respawn too, right and dams along with them

Yea. They respawn pretty fast. They definitely dominate the spawn percentages in those areas.

Archived