Tips?

theargydude

Hey, so I’m on an official server. Me and my tribe mate just made a raft base, we have two. One has locked storage with stuff we got from a MASSIVE raid, and the other is our work in progress base raft. We are in the redwoods at the moment. A couple tips please:

How to ward off Carno?

Good caves for storing valuable things?

And what’s a good tame? We are level 51 and 60, we had a parasaur with 2k hp, 1k weight, and 2k stamina, but he died. What’s a tame similar to him we could use?

How to protect a raft in the night?

And any general tips or suggestions? Thank you!

I can't really answer the loot and storage questions, but for the others:

You are decently good leveled so you should be able to tame larger things. Since you're in redwoods, a carno or thyla would be a good choice. Thylas are great for exploring. With a thyla you can climb a redwood tree and tranq larger dinos safely (assuming nobody will fire a rifle at you). Also high lvl trikes would be good defense against dinos, not players.

Once your friend reaches tranq darts at lvl 61 he can use them to tame bigger things like allos and rexes. A pack of allos would be a good choice but make sure to tame the high level allo seperate from the others or it'll take forever to knock out with the pack buff.

Speaking of rifles, you both can unlock the rifle and shotgun for "some" protection (Redwood mountain has lots of metal to use for weapons).

In the end, defense from players comes from late game stuff like turrets. You both can use ballista and catapult turrets but I don't think they would be much help compared to normal turrets.

Plant species X seeds would be good since they only need fertilizer to run and act like turrets.

Just keep trying and admit you will get raided at some point. Once you get raided just get up, brush your self off, and keep moving.

Also don't keep your base in a wide open spot since you're on pvp. Keep it in a forestry or hidden area to avoid much attention from larger tribes.

Hope this helps and let me know if you need any more help or clarification!

We got “raided”, they had wyverns imported from Crystal Isles. We lost the supply raft, but we are on good terms with the raiders. The metal base is still intact. Our game plan is number 1: get more metal for turrets, and get gunpowder too. Tame an anklo.

2: Get 2 thylas and use them for on foot exploration.

3: We have a Rex contained in Viking Bay. We are planning to KO an Ovis or two, bring them with, knock out the Rex, and use the Ovis for mutton. Is this smart? We’ll do it at level 72.

Finally, 4: Any tips for getting Wyverns and raising? I know they are very difficult to raise, but we want to try to get a powerful flyer that can kill wyverns. “Fire with fire”, I suppose? Any other flyer suggestions are welcome.

Thank everyone for responding to my last post, we were able to scavenge out some stuff from a hidden hut we made. 

wondering if maybe you and your friend wanted to tribe up together on a server together? It would be the 4 of us, so we could accomplish much more together and maybe be alphas of a server. Also, my friend and I have a little more in depth knowledge of the game, so we could maybe show yall some tips and tricks along the journey and help yall progress very fast. 

Phomia + dung beetles = infinite fertilizer for plant x spam.

Anky for metal is a good idea but not as useful until you pair it with an argentavis to carry it around. An supply of argents also will help with things like grabbing an ovis and bringing it over to your taming spots.

BEst advice for small groups is find a nice hidden spot with low player traffic and setup there. Use cryopods for your dinos as people can otherwise scout out your base using a parasaur with the "alert on player's and tames" setting. I got that you are on rag from the locations you mentioned, A good spot on rag for an out of the way base is the desert. Good amount of caves and hidden spots, good supply of things like argents dung beetles, the mantis are good for poly farming, good supply of anky's and doe's plus the morello's make great berry collector tames plus act as a portable water supply (very useful in the desert biom)

Usually the desert biom on rag has low player traffic as there are no nearby spawn points or obelisks, the only way to get there is traveling to it or having beds down. Having a raft means you can literally take a journey around the edge of the map to the desert where there is a nice inlet leading to a river that heads to the desert ruin monument. You can sail your raft all the way up that river and from there find a spot to call home.

That would be what I would do in your situation at least.

On 12/2/2020 at 7:59 AM, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

wondering if maybe you and your friend wanted to tribe up together on a server together? It would be the 4 of us, so we could accomplish much more together and maybe be alphas of a server. Also, my friend and I have a little more in depth knowledge of the game, so we could maybe show yall some tips and tricks along the journey and help yall progress very fast. 

@theargydude i would have messaged you privately but you can't recieve messages

On 11/29/2020 at 9:35 PM, theargydude said:

Hey, so I’m on an official server. Me and my tribe mate just made a raft base, we have two. One has locked storage with stuff we got from a MASSIVE raid, and the other is our work in progress base raft. We are in the redwoods at the moment. A couple tips please:

How to ward off Carno?

Good caves for storing valuable things?

And what’s a good tame? We are level 51 and 60, we had a parasaur with 2k hp, 1k weight, and 2k stamina, but he died. What’s a tame similar to him we could use?

How to protect a raft in the night?

And any general tips or suggestions? Thank you!

I’m sorry to say this but as of right now it is not possible to hide. All the suggestions in this thread on hiding won’t help you. WC allows players to use ini mods that change the way the game looks. Imagine for a moment the redwoods with no brush no shadows and the trees looking like literal poles without branches or leaves. That small base you have that looks covered and concealed looks like a building standing alone in an open field. Oh and that ini mod removed the grass in that field to!!

Archived