December 10th announcement

HalfSquatch2042

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ark 2? Jajajaja no todavía espero que no, yo por lo menos tengo para varios años más de ark jajaja juego solo así que aún no termino la isla, juego también de otros mapas pero estoy intentando terminar la isla y luego ir ascendiendo. Aunque un juego cruzado sería genial pero no creo eso sería más carga para los servidores y más lag de seguro. Capas alguna mejora o mapa nuevo.

On 12/9/2020 at 3:10 AM, Brizzyne said:

I completely agree with everyone saying Ark 2 is a no go at this point. The biggest and best announcement that could make would be that they are upgrading all of the hardware and servers AND going through the game line by line to eliminate excess files and code that have been layered and layered and layered over the last 5 years. Clean up the code and re-present Ark. Also, backing up the character to your Xbox/PlayStation/PC account so that when it's time to uninstall and reinstall the newly fixed game there arent any issues. If they come up and say Ark 2... I will probably quit playing. I've so much time and effort put into this game... Ark 2 would mean no more fixes or updates or support for the original leaving all of us high and dry with the game as is. Think about it... Do the old COD games have any support or updates or events ?? No. Only the newest thing gets the attention... Which is kinda the point from the business standpoint... They need to make money. On the other hand... I'd be willing to bet many players would donate money toward a total re-vamp of the game. 

Also... Another possible scenario... Is WC partnering with another big company... Or selling out... However you want to say it... Bjt if they would partner with Xbox studios... Or Bethesda.... Or Ubisoft... One of the big players... They game could be fixed in no time at all. And all of the WC employees could stand to gain a wealth of knowledge and career advancement. Best of both worlds, imho. 

Well Wildcard is a company and clearly needs a annual income to keep making games, this is why a re-work will not be done. There are no money in it. ARK needs new content or ARK 2 to get old players back and to get new ones on the hook. This is Game Awards so they will probably present something totally new ARK related and not a partnership.

This announcement will probably be ARK 2 and Game Awads is a great forum to to do it. It will create a big BUZZ. And for your concerns over ARK 2 maybe they will make some servers with full transfers on from the old game somehow? We kno nathing beratna. I personally hope for ARK 2 and no transfers whatsoever tho.

However I'm super excited over the announcement and plan to sit up all night  to see it as Im European based. Would love to see some kind of time table for the Game Awards Event!

I have suggested the idea of an Ark 2 would be inconvenient one. I made a case with 1 or 2 lists about it as to why a couple of years ago. I remember 1 big item was dividing the community as clearly some would not like to restart those 100s of hours from scratch and migrate over.

Not to mention with the upcoming expansion I have at least 2 more years of content to explore (likely more).

With that said, I want Wildcard´s success. To me personally they made a really great experience and delivered on it. It might not be flawless, but its incredibly positive. I think one of the aspects that give me such positive view is because over time I moved away from PvP and went full PvE on private server with friends/solo. I can see how I may not notice some "glaring issues" as few would call them because there is no one exploiting it at my expense. I find Ark an incredible experience for PvE private server and it is where most of my hours (to this day) is spent.

While I have no inside information, no supernatural predictions as to what is to come, I can list things that would be awesome for me:

+A new expansion or season pass. More Ark, always fun.

+TLC pass for all legacy creatures (essentially those that haven't had one, Scorched Earth and before).

+A remake/facelift to the game as whole which is save file compatible and has all maps. This would definitely be a great alternative to an Ark 2. Kinda like WoW did with Cataclysm to improve legacy zones.

+Human character redesign to have better visuals and animations.

+ Human NPC characters we could maintain and give life to PvE bases, being able to use them in workstations and guard duties or hunting parties.

+Lighting adjustment to reduce "plastic" looking skins in creatures and humans.

Understandable at least half of these aren't "Awesome announcement material", but these would please me none the less.

Everything else not listed there is essentially neutral and I would have to see and make a judgement based on the information provided. We shall see.  

4 minutes ago, DodoRaptor said:

Nope. We'll just have to watch through every shooter-game trailer until it eventually comes.

Yup. I've never watched this show before. Is it always a big long ad for every upcoming game? You can guarantee more than half of these games will flop, no matter how cool the trailers look.

Archived