December 10th announcement

HalfSquatch2042

1 minute ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I wanted to like Warcraft more than I ended up. It wasn't terrible.

I liked it because I'm not a fan of the game. However, I do understand die-hard fans when they complained about it. I mean, if they did an Everquest film, I'd be thrilled, but also the first one to b*** about it with nearly 2 decades of playing it.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Darkholis said:

I liked it because I'm not a fan of the game. However, I do understand die-hard fans when they complained about it. I mean, if they did an Everquest film, I'd be thrilled, but also the first one to b*** about it with nearly 2 decades of playing it.

That was my problem. At that time I had been playing that game for more than a decade. But I finally got that needle out of my arm.

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

100% agreed. Glad I stopped it since the game became more and more unplayable with the powercreep. Community also became very elitist & toxic over the years sadly, expecting top notch performance of newcomers...

The game lost it's luster with me when they took down the barriers of the servers and let you play with people from other servers (cough, Ark). Before that happened there was an actual world community, you got to know people. There was drama. LFG and server transfers eroded all of that. Just random streams of people now. It stopped being an MMO and became just another video game.

7 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Before that happened there was an actual world community, you got to know people. There was drama. LFG and server transfers eroded all of that.

Good old days of people banding together to kill The Sleeper... the supposedly unkillable mob...

I do miss those once per server events...

https://zam.zamimg.com/images/i/d/id6463.png

I don't know - if it is an Ark movie, I would not be shocked to see a shallow script, flat characters and bad CGI.  Even if you throw enough money at it, look at what happened to Star Wars - even with the biggest bank of cash and talent in the world and Disney can't make a good movie out of it.  I would hope for the best, but expect a Sci-Fi chanel flop.

Each time they have something to say they open new communication channel.

That's my disappointment.

We have Ark forum but nooo you need twitter, fakebook and now  unknown for me some game awards.com.

If they don't want to give info on this forum then fine, they can email it to each user.

I'm not going to run to new source of info each time they want.

Hmm maybe they announce that another company have decided to postpone ciberpunk2077 again what is inadmissible in race for most notorious postponers.

Just now, Joebl0w13 said:

Then you won't know what's up. Your choice. Nothing wrong with that.

True.

But if seller want so sell their product or service they have to offer it to their old customers too.

Except if new product or service for some reason is targeting new type or group of customers.

Yea must be a thing that probably old player base will not like so need to find new customers.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, Noa said:

True.

But if seller want so sell their product or service they have to offer it to their old customers too.

Except if new product or service for some reason is targeting new type or group of customers.

Yea must be a thing that probably old player base will not like so need to find new customers.

Sure. Most of thier customers are on Twitter. They are reaching them.

The only ones that lose out are these guys:

The Angry Photographer: aka 'Old Man Yells at Cloud' - Mark Galer

• Volunteer Moderator

The thing about Twitter is all you need to do is follow the ARK account, and a few Devs and not use Twitter for anything else. It's pretty easy to block everything else out. If someone really wants news on ARK it's on them to make sure they put themselves in the position to get that news.

It's not all on the Devs.

On 11/28/2020 at 10:20 PM, Yggdrassil said:

I dont understand why so many want ark 2. Why? I have so much on this game and id be happy with just a few thing improved in the current game, the biggest for me being physics, floating bags etc are really annoying to me.

That being said, most logical assumption to me would be gen 2 related, either release date change, content or 'gen 3'.  

Because they are optimist and hope that Ark 2 will solve a lot of not working things.

For example maybe in Ark 2 you will not get mobbed and blocked by own tames on follow lol.

Or maybe you will be free to left your base and go on meat run without worry to suddenly fall under ground where Wildcard meshing killer will rob you for all tames and gear lol.

5 hours ago, GP said:

The thing about Twitter is all you need to do is follow the ARK account, and a few Devs and not use Twitter for anything else. It's pretty easy to block everything else out. If someone really wants news on ARK it's on them to make sure they put themselves in the position to get that news.

It's not all on the Devs.

I mean cmon not that its hard to search twitter or anything but the OFFICIAL FORUM should be first and foremost the place to go for information. If they want to put things on twitter or game awards or 4chan or reddit or print it in the NY times thats fine, but those should be secondary channels to the OFFICIAL FORUM.

I think the whole attitude of "if someone wants news its on them to figure out where the devs decided to release that news this time" is utterly ridiculous. Info on the game shouldn't be an easter egg hunt, it should be plastered on the front page of the forum.

A business should want the easiest access to information for their customers as possible. Pretending otherwise is  nonsensical. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, St1ckyBandit said:

A business should want the easiest access to information for their customers as possible. Pretending otherwise is  nonsensical.

But they also want the easiest method to communicate news to the most people, which Twitter serves that more than any forum would. Best process would be to post on the forum then share the link via Twitter, however, that's up to them.

Me personally, I want an easy life, so if I know they post news mainly on Twitter then I will make the little effort to follow them on Twitter so I get to see the news. I put myself in the easy position of getting that info, rather than complaining about it and expecting a company to do things differently from how they currently do it. Complaining about it and making a fuss rarely gets people anywhere, so people are better off putting themselves in the best position to receive the news about Ark.

Bigger than anything before, I don’t really think that’s gonna be a movie, or another game, I do think it’s possible it’s ark 2, but I feel like it’s something else, just not sure what yet. As for peps complaining about the forms, well go to the discord, they forward their Twitter accounts to it so you get all/most of  the msgs, much more regular announcements, notifications about fixes and stuff w/ servers, and they post the CCs on there.

11 hours ago, HalfSquatch2042 said:

I REALLY REALLY hope its not a movie. Its the VIDEOGAME awards. I understand Tom Holland is gonna be a presenter, based on the Uncharted movie but I want a "biggest thing ever" announcement to be about the game. I have ZERO interest in an Ark movie. 

It's the video game awards, that doesn't mean it can't be a movie ABOUT a video game. I would totally watch an ARK movie.

If it is ark 2, it better just not be ark with unreal 5. I wan ark with amazing new mechanics. Tides and waves, better following(bringing able to do a follow all and walking to one side of the island with all your dinos behind you), smarter wild animals (different levels of intelligent with the most intelligent sneaking up on the players and moving in packs like in Jurassic park), more ways to live nomadically (maybe small platform saddles or more utility saddles), better system to find alphas and rare blueprints, and way less glitches.

Archived