Dear devs, dont you think this event is a bit too extreme?

Kotegee

So, this isnt a thread to cry over my dead dinos, its about the fact that these turkeys are way too strong for something that drops 2 event items. New players cant participate in this because if they dont have a giga or mana you wont kill these things. I dont know if this topic fits in suggestions or general but my message is: please nerf them..1849366766_Beztytuu.thumb.png.af0b957d2c694f2578b49443933ad5e3.png

9 hours ago, d1nk said:

Whats causing the grief? I've never had a problem with this event, what's the main complaint? They're getting in your base? Out on a meat run and accidently hit one get wrecked? Just too strong?

theyre too strong + they spawn around our base which makes it hard to do for example: gather berries because thats how my bronto died

I agree that this event is poorly thought out and the first of its kind I've encountered although my previous experience was more tradition MMO. All those were opt-in events meant for everyone with light hearted fun being then general rule although there are a few with more extreme challenges for those who sought them out.

For small family servers like ours (5 five players), it's even more unbalanced. We killed five of them just to say we did and get one item. Other than that, it's a none event for us. I may disable it.

I live on island near volcano.  Still have not even seen a turkey yet.  But truthfully, I have not been looking either.  This event is sooooooooooooo laggy that I have resigned myself to just stay at home and breed, mostly.  I disconnect every 45 minutes because of event.  That makes it hard to tame (unless it is next to base), or do caves, or even chase after loot drops if you are not careful.  I don't mind that the events happen, but I would appreciate if they were shorter (maybe a 2-day thing).  I am not into fancy hats and just want to get back to the game.  It stinks for the people that work... when we finally get time to play over the holidays with extra time off... we are bogged down with lag and dc issues.  

do what i do .. have a giga bodyguard atmo ... therefore no turkey trouble .. if u cant have a bodyguard u are gonna have to trap or kill them first OR use a smaller berry collector like the mammoth so u can spot the hidden turkeys PLUS LISTEN out for them .. that distinct 'gobble gobble' sound is a giveaway u hear it find the bugger and avoid, thankfully as already mentioned these ones are NOT aggresive till u smack them so it should be an easy avoid but i understand accidents can happen .. also carry a cryopod with u so at the very least you die and not your tame

On 11/28/2020 at 2:33 AM, Joebl0w13 said:

Man, it's so much more tame than it used to be. The Turkeys used to be super aggressive. The good old days.

I agree the special events have been reeled back. Remember when Haloween meant bats roaming about the map attacking players and tames too  

We need more of that not less.

Archived