Anyone experience Toilet Issues?

Fox1

So it's hooked up, has water, flushes, give me the buff (it should last longer to be useful), and the fertilizer. All good.

But...

My character still needs to go. I can only get rid of that need by taking a dump off the toilet. What's up with that?

Perhaps I should move the crafting station next to the john so I can make use of that buff...

On 11/27/2020 at 9:31 AM, Fox1 said:

Perhaps I should move the crafting station next to the john so I can make use of that buff...

indeed, it's kind of fleeting so having it near crafting stations is btr...

On 11/27/2020 at 9:31 AM, Fox1 said:

My character still needs to go. I can only get rid of that need by taking a dump off the toilet. What's up with that?

It didn't used to be that way. During massive crafts every time the buff ran out I used to run up and down the hill to deplete my stamina just to take another dump, was super annoying. And when you wanted to get a ton of fertilizer... so what's up with thaT? they just make the grind less grind, is a good thing. Ps you can access the toiets inventory while sitting on it by pushing f, and that way click a flush btn in there and prs esc and the + rinse and repeat, and just sit there pooping for hours and fill your inventory with fert, puts all other methods of farming fert to shame.

Its been like this for at least the 2 years Ive been playing Ark. If you poop on the toilet repeatedly it will just keep letting you go, very useful if you need lots of fert quickly. Once you poop off the toilet it will go back to normal. Not sure why you would think this is a problem as its only helpful not only for the fert but for leveling up a new character. There is no negative to your character saying they need to poop.

It's a bug which appeared with Extinction release in November 2018. Before that date the toilet was working as intended and you could only get 1 fertilizer.

Don't listen to the guys above me : it's indeed a bug/exploit which has been reported countless times, here and on Reddit. But since it's currently in favor of the players and it's after all a minor exploit, I guess it's very low on the devs priority list. Understandable.

See for example these threads :

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/379728-toilet-poop-bug-since-extinction-release/

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/398727-toilet-giltch/

33 minutes ago, Elgar said:

It's a bug which appeared with Extinction release in November 2018. Before that date the toilet was working as intended and you could only get 1 fertilizer.

Don't listen to the guys above me : it's indeed a bug/exploit which has been reported countless times, here and on Reddit. But since it's currently in favor of the players and it's after all a minor exploit, I guess it's very low on the devs priority list. Understandable.

See for example these threads :

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/379728-toilet-poop-bug-since-extinction-release/

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/398727-toilet-giltch/

Dont listen to me about what exactly? I never said it wasnt a bug or a glitch, I said its been like this for atleast 2 years, and as you confirmed it started in nov 2018, I was correct there. I also said its not a negative thing to your character in anyway so once again what did I say that was incorrect?

@Piffguru

First, I said "don't listen to the guys above me", guys being in plural form, so it was you and sjskdjkfa. ;)

Second, I said that because just after I wrote : "it's indeed a bug/exploit". You guys seem to think that it's either a change made voluntarily by devs (sjskdjkfa says "they just make the grind less grind, is a good thing") or not a problem (you say "Not sure why you would think this is a problem as its only helpful"). It's clearly a bug, not a change, and yes it's a problem because it allows you to have infinite fertilizer.

17 hours ago, Elgar said:

@Piffguru

First, I said "don't listen to the guys above me", guys being in plural form, so it was you and sjskdjkfa. ;)

Second, I said that because just after I wrote : "it's indeed a bug/exploit". You guys seem to think that it's either a change made voluntarily by devs (sjskdjkfa says "they just make the grind less grind, is a good thing") or not a problem (you say "Not sure why you would think this is a problem as its only helpful"). It's clearly a bug, not a change, and yes it's a problem because it allows you to have infinite fertilizer.

Dont rope me in with other peoples comments, I was directly talking to the OP. I never said it wasnt a bug or anything of the sort. What I was addressing was OP saying things like "They changed it so it works like this and it's considered an improvement to (not allow) but require unending toilet use... Wow. Just wow." Which implies that this person thinks they are "required" to continuing to use the toilet because their wheel says they are able to poop. This is why I said im not sure why you think this is a problem, and I stand by that, I think the OP is a bit misinformed based on statements made.

The only way I was 'misinformed' was that it was implied that it was a intended change.

As for it usefulness... for me it's basically none. I turned the whole poo setting down to where it's nearly unnoticeable just to be rid of the old and bad joke, and still have no problem with getting enough fertilizer from the dino and dung beetles  to manage what farming we do. There are far more interesting things in this game to spend time on.

1 hour ago, Fox1 said:

The only way I was 'misinformed' was that it was implied that it was a intended change.

As for it usefulness... for me it's basically none. I turned the whole poo setting down to where it's nearly unnoticeable just to be rid of the old and bad joke, and still have no problem with getting enough fertilizer from the dino and dung beetles  to manage what farming we do. There are far more interesting things in this game to spend time on.

So whats the issue here then, im not understanding. You cant just let your character poop on the go automatically, does the sound upset you or something? Legitimately curious as to what the beef with pooping is here. Also the idea of whether it was an intended change or not, id say there is no evidence either way since they obviously did change it, and they didnt comment on it being a bug or not so it is what it is at this point. I would gather from your comments you dont play pvp nor official so you wouldnt understand the benefit it gives you to be able to get mass amounts of fertilizer quickly without needing to tame a beetle and wait for it to convert the poop you occasionally pick up from your dinos. It can be extremely useful for filling x plants up.

Archived