No sale love for Epic Games Store... Again?

1nc0mp3t3nc3

Hi there, 

Let's give a little back story before I get the the main point. 

I have been an owner of Ark since early access via Steam. I still play on steam, but I decided in June to set up my own dedicated server cluster as I had never actually bothered going through the story. I used to be in it just for the PVP and that was it. 

Since the game was made free on EGS for a week, I snapped it up, made my server cluster crossplay for others who wanted to see the story through like myself. 

Since the game came out free on Epic, I have counted at least 2 sales where the game and DLC goes on sale for basically every other platform, but the Epic Games store keeps getting left out. I have a number of people who I try to convince them to buy the season passes, but when you drop it on sale everywhere else and they only own the base game on Epic, they keep saying they will wait until it goes on sale. 

One of Epics biggest attractions for developers is the smaller revenue split fees from sales, but you continue to charge full price when the same product is put on sale by you in basically every other platform. 

Is there a good reason why you keep this inconsistency up? 

Archived