should we start with tek armor in gen2

CataclysmicWolf

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, DomiDarko said:

Yep, Wildcard confirmed it already, but the Fed-Tek-Armor will have less functionality than the regular one. Don't know what functionalities they but maybe we can just fly with it...

I would assume no: leg weight effect, super punch or super harvest with gloves, jump from wherever with boots.

You're probably right about just being able to fly

2 minutes ago, CataclysmicWolf said:

Ya also i think it wont use element.

Or maybe we're able to access element very early / easyon gen2

On 11/26/2020 at 8:45 AM, jedikitteh said:

People are going to spawn in gen 2 for their free Teksuit. And transfers it back to island and other maps. Level 1 beach bob fresh characters running around in Teksuits. They can't make hide armor yet but have Teksuit. Taming dodos and making stone spears while wearing a Teksuit.

Was thinking about this, too. Easy solution? Make it run off a special element only found in gen2

1 minute ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Counter point. I think it's a great idea.

But then again I like to see the world burn.

3 years ago, a tek suit was the hardest thing to get. It was only used rarely because element was so expensive.

Tek isn't even accomplishment anymore on Official. Anyone can get it easily.

Powercreep is real.

1 minute ago, Bobo1234 said:

3 years ago, a tek suit was the hardest thing to get. It was only used rarely because element was so expensive.

Tek isn't even accomplishment anymore on Official. Anyone can get it easily.

Powercreep is real.

Thats true, for sure. Which is why I believe they would implement it for starting on gen2. Like I said before, it is going to be a different suit (skin?) So we can only hope they make its element different or some sort of change. 

For the record, I'm not for or against it. I want to see how they'd work it in. Lore wise it makes sense already

23 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

Also, "powercreep" is a way to make the new DLC attractive.

Maybe, but you don't always need to add new flashy items (thus powercreep) to have succesful content. I mean... just take a look at the map (Glacius) I am currently developing. I'm not adding anything flashy/gamebreaking in terms of items. I simply focused on making it the hardest Ark map centered around a unique theme and so far, the feedback has been astonishing.

On 11/26/2020 at 10:34 AM, DomiDarko said:

Yep, Wildcard confirmed it already, but the Fed-Tek-Armor will have less functionality than the regular one. Don't know what functionalities they but maybe we can just fly with it...

Where did they say it will have less functionality? I watched like 18 hours of the livestream and never caught anything about that. As far as I'm aware, devs have confirmed:

- We will start with the new tek suit on Gen 2

-Tek suit will not use element to fly on _Gen 2_ specifically.

And everything else is speculation afaik. They specified that the ability to fly on Gen2 was for Gen2 lore reasons, so in other words not an overall QoL change to the entire game. Unless you caught something I didn't, I think it will work like a regular tek suit. Meaning it will retain all its function when powered, but will decharge upon transfer, as well as use element on any other map. I mean, either way if I'm right or wrong, it will 100% decharge on transfer. Making it no more than fancy flak armor for Island beach bobs. The playing field will be level for everyone as well, so I don't see the problem. Everyone has more armor, changing the dynamics of PvP fights and possibly making fights last longer, but the beach bobs will still be at a huge disadvantage over anyone that's established.

7 hours ago, Bobo1234 said:

No, it is the stupidest idea ever. WC needs to scrap this idea before they release the expansion.

Depends upon how they implement it. During the live stream they made it sound like a skin of sorts that needs to be applied to other armors, like granting Tek abilities to Hide Armor. At least that's what I got out of it. It probably won't have all the functionality like Speed running, super punching, or fall damage nullification, but would retain flying and helmet scanning(Or at least night vision)

1 hour ago, Qwertymine said:

Depends upon how they implement it. During the live stream they made it sound like a skin of sorts that needs to be applied to other armors, like granting Tek abilities to Hide Armor. At least that's what I got out of it. It probably won't have all the functionality like Speed running, super punching, or fall damage nullification, but would retain flying and helmet scanning(Or at least night vision)

Which is dumb? It makes everything that exists in the game invalid and just exacerbates the problems that Official has. Who needs dinos or anything when you get free tek gear that lets you fly around. Not like I had to spend hundreds of hours to get to the point where I could fight Alpha bosses to unlock a tek suit.

• Volunteer Moderator
15 minutes ago, Bobo1234 said:

Which is dumb? It makes everything that exists in the game invalid and just exacerbates the problems that Official has. Who needs dinos or anything when you get free tek gear that lets you fly around. Not like I had to spend hundreds of hours to get to the point where I could fight Alpha bosses to unlock a tek suit.

It's the same as WoW did over the years. The old school players took months/years to get purples and now you can get them in a day.

Kinda the way old games have to work. The power creep is real. It's how you sell new expacks/DLC.

10 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

It's the same as WoW did over the years. The old school players took months/years to get purples and now you can get them in a day.

Kinda the way old games have to work. The power creep is real. It's how you sell new expacks/DLC.

And bobs still complain that the game is too hard lol

Archived