hamzilla83

I was trophy farming to prep for the next Ragnarok alpha boss run.  I gathered spino sails, thyla claws, sarco skins easily because each killed creature dropped the trophy.  While killing sarcos in the swamp, I also killed titanoboas to get gather the titanoboa venom.  Unlike the other three trophies, titanoboa venom is extremely annoying to collect.  I killed at least 90 titanoboas and only collected 32 titanoboa venom.  It was really 16-actual-drops because each drop was 2 titanoboa venom.  Sixteen titanoboa venom drops in 2 hours is not a fun time.

I tried all sorts of things to get titanoboa venom to drop consistently.

-Let it bite my tame before killing it
-Try to kill it before getting bit
-Try to kill it right before getting bit
-Try to kill it when it is straight
-Try to kill it when it is "coiled"
-Let it chase a wild and kill it from the side/rear
-Let it bite a wild and kill it from the side/rear
-Try to kill two at once

Additionally, I tried various tame inventory arrangements before killing the titanoboas.

-Wyvern inventory empty
-Wyvern inventory with 1 stack of raw meat
-Wyvern inventory with 1 stack of prime meat
-Wyvern inventory with some stuff in it (not more than 300 out of 1000 weight)

All kills were melee kills (not special attacks)

Have you experienced this?
Is this a bug or is this by design?
Is there a guaranteed method to getting titanoboa venom on every kill (like the other trophies)?
Is there a better tame that causes titanoboa venom to drop more consistently?

trophy_farming.png

• 6 months later...
6 hours ago, wizard03 said:

weird, Iv literally thrown or ignored hundreds of titanaboa goo while going through inventory. o.o

When you kill a snake, it either goes into invo or it goes into a bag and hits the ground. Or at least it should....

Yea, I'm not sure how one plays the game without having an excess of this stuff. I'm always swimming in it.

IT doesn't drop everytime you kill a boa, but they are so common that you end up w/ more than enough pretty quickly.   The thyla claw, spino sail, giga heart are the 3 that take the most time to find on the island.

WIth that said, It took me 24hrs of returning to the map to gather all the required drops for all the boss fights and the tek cave on an older official server that was way over built along the rivers.  Even w/ all the over building on the rivers, I still got 10 spino sails w/in that 24hrs of gathering everything.

Yea as others have said, the boa venom doesn't drop every time, the wiki states its a 30% drop chance which I would agree with. Then just make sure either your tame has less than half its weight when killing them to get the venom in your tames inventory OR make sure to check for bags if over 50% weight. All the other things you did didnt matter in the slightest.

When I did alpha rag recently I went to the swamp with a rex or giga and just ran around killing snakes for a little while till I had enough, didnt take that long.

Archived