No turkeys here

Shalost

I haven't seen any either and I'm using the Awesome Spyglass mod that shows outlines of everything as I get near them. I figured I haven't seen any because I've been flying around, I haven't spent much time on the ground. Still, I've looked for creatures on the ground (like a Doed), but I haven't seen any turkeys. My other thought was that maybe they spawn where Dodos do and I haven't spent much time in those areas. I am playing in single player mode. I NEVER have to enable the events, they always trigger automatically. I've done a "destroywilddinos" command a few times, because I'm trying to get a high level Giga to breed w/ the one I have to give me a super Giga to go turkey hunting w/. I'm also on Steam. I've seen holiday colored creatures, but I don't know if they were left over from the Halloween event or new spawns. I haven't paid much attention to colors since using the "destroywilddinos" command.

8 hours ago, HoganRyan01 said:

Uh.. You literally have to enable the events. Atleast on PC Steam version (Singleplayer player here) I'd start by adding -ActiveEvent=TurkeyTrial to your launch settings

As I said, I've never had to do that before, they've always triggered automatically. If it wasn't triggered would the screen still show the Turkey Trial logo? Mine shows that screen. I don't know why they would change this behavior, from triggering automatically to triggering only manually, on single player, especially w/out telling us they changed it. Perhaps I'll give it a try anyway. There's also a line in one of the .ini files I saw, I bet it could be manually triggered that way, too.

Oh, I just remembered something else. If the event were not going on in my game, then would I still be able to craft things with wishbones? I don't think so. I did look in my cooking pot and there is a holiday folder that shows me the things I can craft with wishbones. So, I'm sure if the event wasn't triggered automatically even though it has for all other events, then I would not be seeing the holiday items in my cooking pot.

I did some testing. The command option in the .ini doesn't affect my game (single player), so I used the command in the launch options. "-ActiveEvent=Turkeytrial" didn't change the screen (it still showed the Turkey Trial screen) as expected. "-ActiveEvent=Summer" changed the screen and music to the Summer Bash event as expected. "-ActiveEvent=WinterWonderland" and "-ActiveEvent=Winterwonderland" changed the screen back to regular Ark, not the Turkey Trial screen, not even the Winter Wonderland screen and music, so I don't know what's wrong with that command. I even tried "-ActiveEvent=" and found out that seems to disable the event as the screen was back to regular Ark, not the Turkey Trial one. So, clearly the Turkey Trial event has been automatically triggered for my single player game as has always been the case since the beginning.

Sorry I think Turkey trial is lame, I seem to recall the first ones had fall trees and ore color varieties.....the turkeys were also way more aggressive...lol.

official Xbox island....many turkeys....but I don’t care about Chibi’s or skins....  2x is about every weekend now.

The only changes I have noticed is losing connection more often and getting locked out when transferring servers.

If you can use mods, you can try using Structures Plus as it has it's own variation of the Tek Transmitter. The S+ Tek Transmitter will allow you to scan for creatures. I just started using it again since beavers and gigas are apparently incredibly rare on the Island and that's what I'm looking for. I want to have a bred giga for turkey hunting, but I finally found lots of turkeys after using the one giga I have and going along the beaches and dodo spawn areas. If you're in single player mode, I think as long as your screen shows the Turkey Trial logo then the event should be fine. I've also used the "destroywilddinos" command many times to repopulate the map. Although that could possibly help more spawn in. I suggest getting a giga and walk along the beaches, you should eventually run into them. They are small like dodos, but they look like turkeys. I didn't notice them until I spent more time on the ground along the beaches.

Archived