Max level stat question

S1mpl3Green

So i have read here and other places you can not have more then 255 points into 1 stat because of the hexidecimle system used in the game engine for state. I see 945 melee giga out there and my buddy has a couple. That is 185 points if you add the 73 you can leveling you hit 258. I hexidecimle that should made his melee equal to a level 3 giga as it would just roll over the point past 255. How ever he told me the current stats on his melee with all 73 point added and it matches up to what the stat tester app i use says it should be. How is this possible and does this mean that we can expect to see 1000 melee hatch giga or 2000  melee hatch rexes that you can fully level all points in melee and not have any negative side affects? Just lookinging forsome solid answer cause i stoped my line at 182 points to make sure people buying my dinos dont over level and poof there goes the dino and i look like the bad guy.

• Volunteer Moderator
51 minutes ago, S1mpl3Green said:

So i have read here and other places you can not have more then 255 points into 1 stat because of the hexidecimle system used in the game engine for state. I see 945 melee giga out there and my buddy has a couple. That is 185 points if you add the 73 you can leveling you hit 258. I hexidecimle that should made his melee equal to a level 3 giga as it would just roll over the point past 255. How ever he told me the current stats on his melee with all 73 point added and it matches up to what the stat tester app i use says it should be. How is this possible and does this mean that we can expect to see 1000 melee hatch giga or 2000  melee hatch rexes that you can fully level all points in melee and not have any negative side affects? Just lookinging forsome solid answer cause i stoped my line at 182 points to make sure people buying my dinos dont over level and poof there goes the dino and i look like the bad guy.

That max is 255 base + 88 level ups. So for a Giga, that would be:

((100 + (255 * 5)) + -80) + (88 * (((100 + (255 * 5)) + -80) * 0.0085)) = 2263.7% (Max hatch: 1295%)

And for a Rex that would be:

((((100 + (255 * 5)) + 7)) * 1.176) + (88 * (((((100 + (255 * 5)) + 7)) * 1.176) * 0.017)) = 4056.6% (Max hatch: 1625.2%)

You can continue your line until 255 points (or 254 if you started mutating on an even number) because the game won't allow mutations if the selected stat + 2 is greater than 255.

• 2 weeks later...

So thank you for the clarity in the math. It seems now we have a new issue and that is his 945  melee giga is only abel to lvl up to 3.5 mil xp and stopped. Based on the math though that 255 base he should be able to hit 4.1 mil xp as he could put all 73 lvls in. It stops him short cause he hit the 255 lvls for 1 stat. That being his melee stat. How can this be based on the math you gave? Not trying to be sarcastic or anything. Just trying to figure this out. 

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, S1mpl3Green said:

So thank you for the clarity in the math. It seems now we have a new issue and that is his 945  melee giga is only abel to lvl up to 3.5 mil xp and stopped. Based on the math though that 255 base he should be able to hit 4.1 mil xp as he could put all 73 lvls in. It stops him short cause he hit the 255 lvls for 1 stat. That being his melee stat. How can this be based on the math you gave? Not trying to be sarcastic or anything. Just trying to figure this out. 

For some reasons I thought Genesis added an extra 15 levels to all species but seems like it only affected X variants. Just replace 88 to 73 and you will get the right result for Giga:

((100 + (255 * 5)) + -80) + (73 * (((100 + (255 * 5)) + -80) * 0.0085)) = 2098.5% (Max hatch: 1295%)

Alternatively, there are some open-source app such as ARK Smart Breeding that can give you all the information you need regarding stats, points, etc.

I think it was missed what I said. So giga can get 73 yes. With 182 lvls it hatches at 930m. Add 73 lvls and you are atv255 and able to add all 73 points to giga. Now a a 945 m hatch has  185 lvls in so you can only att 70 lvls to it before you hit 255 lvls for the stat. At that point he has only put 70 points in and is at 3.55 million xp and can not gain any more xp when he should be able to gain another 3 more lvls taking him to 4.1 million. It seems that any stat that would hit 255 even if you put points into other stats you can only gain enough xp that would max a stat to 255. This is also the issue with 2000 hatch weight argies for trade on Facebook groups. They have 200 points in weight. Its seems thoough that even if all point earned are put into stam it still only allows 55 points of leveling and its done. Xp max 98k and you have a bird that if all point able to be earned were spent on weight you get 9660 weight versus if you only had 182 points in weight and spent 73 point able to be earn that bird is able to go to 11169.4. We have tried this on public servers with a few dinos with known stats and points on hatch. It seems they put a cap now where before the dino would just go poof into the air on server reset. From what it appears that if a dino would max any stat out in a give number of points then that is all the xp and lvls you are now able to earn even if you don't spend the points that would max that stat out at 255 lvls

• Volunteer Moderator
17 minutes ago, S1mpl3Green said:

I think it was missed what I said. So giga can get 73 yes. With 182 lvls it hatches at 930m. Add 73 lvls and you are atv255 and able to add all 73 points to giga. Now a a 945 m hatch has  185 lvls in so you can only att 70 lvls to it before you hit 255 lvls for the stat. At that point he has only put 70 points in and is at 3.55 million xp and can not gain any more xp when he should be able to gain another 3 more lvls taking him to 4.1 million. It seems that any stat that would hit 255 even if you put points into other stats you can only gain enough xp that would max a stat to 255. This is also the issue with 2000 hatch weight argies for trade on Facebook groups. They have 200 points in weight. Its seems thoough that even if all point earned are put into stam it still only allows 55 points of leveling and its done. Xp max 98k and you have a bird that if all point able to be earned were spent on weight you get 9660 weight versus if you only had 182 points in weight and spent 73 point able to be earn that bird is able to go to 11169.4. We have tried this on public servers with a few dinos with known stats and points on hatch. It seems they put a cap now where before the dino would just go poof into the air on server reset. From what it appears that if a dino would max any stat out in a give number of points then that is all the xp and lvls you are now able to earn even if you don't spend the points that would max that stat out at 255 lvls

3.55 million XP is 73 level ups. 4.1 million is 74*. Non-X variants cannot go past 73.

Sorry was un clear. So yes 3.5 is max levels and it say 4.1 is next level. His giga is maxed at saying 3.5 to next lvl meaning he is stopped at 3 million xp. Just looked at stats. Found lvl guid xp for needed for that lvl is in second column to the right 83 lvls would be 12.32mil. My bad on confusion. Still though the argy 2k weight argy was only able to get 55 points and stopped at 98k xp. That why I included that as a reference as it was a larger difference in lvls to show the point I was getting at and trying to figure out what was going on. Here is the link to the dino Luling. Scroll down a ways and you'll see it. https://ark.gamepedia.com/Leveling#:~:text=Leveling up gives either you,any Creature in Single Player).

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, S1mpl3Green said:

Sorry was un clear. So yes 3.5 is max levels and it say 4.1 is next level. His giga is maxed at saying 3.5 to next lvl meaning he is stopped at 3 million xp. Just looked at stats. Found lvl guid xp for needed for that lvl is in second column to the right 83 lvls would be 12.32mil. My bad on confusion. Still though the argy 2k weight argy was only able to get 55 points and stopped at 98k xp. That why I included that as a reference as it was a larger difference in lvls to show the point I was getting at and trying to figure out what was going on. Here is the link to the dino Luling. Scroll down a ways and you'll see it. https://ark.gamepedia.com/Leveling#:~:text=Leveling up gives either you,any Creature in Single Player).

You can level up a 255 base without any problem. I think you are confusing 2 different limits. The only times creatures won't be able to gain level anymore, is if they have reached their max or if their current level is higher than the configured clamp. On officials, that is 450 meaning that if your babies hatch >= (450 - 73) = 377 then you won't be able to fully train them.

• Volunteer Moderator
34 minutes ago, S1mpl3Green said:

See, that is a screenshot taken on officials of a 254 base with 73 level ups into weight:

wXadex6.png

Well damn. Thats a nice argy for sure. 2432 hatch... so that is what my confusion is since the argy we have is not at 450. Stats were min maxed with a lvl to lower oxygen food and speed points to 1 point. It stopped Levelongg at 55 points as I stated. We are officials on console ps4. I will have to look more into what is going on but thank you for the clarification on what is possible. This is the last piece of knowledge I needed answered in breeding. Sorry if I seemed like a pain in the ass getting what I was looking for.

On 11/25/2020 at 8:22 AM, invincibleqc said:

That max is 255 base + 88 level ups. So for a Giga, that would be:

((100 + (255 * 5)) + -80) + (88 * (((100 + (255 * 5)) + -80) * 0.0085)) = 2263.7% (Max hatch: 1295%)

And for a Rex that would be:

((((100 + (255 * 5)) + 7)) * 1.176) + (88 * (((((100 + (255 * 5)) + 7)) * 1.176) * 0.017)) = 4056.6% (Max hatch: 1625.2%)

You can continue your line until 255 points (or 254 if you started mutating on an even number) because the game won't allow mutations if the selected stat + 2 is greater than 255.

Unless they changed it lately you wont be able to put domesticated points if you have base stat at 255 when born. So 254 + 73 points.

Archived