Next Dino

square5355

A baryonyx is a bit of a starter/early game mount like a carnotaur, the bary is useful for underwater trips such as visiting underwater resource caves to get oil and other materials inside them, and assuming your oxygen stat is high enough, you won't need a scuba tank to reach the underwater caves. I'm talking about the underwater caves that have just resources inside them, not the other dumb underwater caves that are filled with absurdly high level dinos inside them. Once you tame a good enough plesiosaur the bary will become obsolete in that regard as the plesio is faster, more powerful, and has high weight which makes it a much better water tame than the bary is. Despite what some would say I would never use a bary in one of the land caves as honestly I find bary's to be pathetic and wouldn't waste my time with them, I would use a sabertooth or a direwolf for land caving, they're better than a bary.

The thylacoleo is a bit of a mid to late game tame due to not only how dangerous they are but also how dangerous the one place on the maps where they exist is, the redwoods forest. I would consider the thyla to be the number one "taming mount" on the island map though not sure on other maps. By taming mount I mean you would use the thyla to tame other dinos, as the thyla is quite powerful despite it's smallish size and so can handle any nasty predators that might attack you(except a giga), it has good speed so you can chase down almost any fleeing dino on it, and you can fire weapons like the longneck rifle with tranq darts while riding it.

Btw, I hope you tamed a higher level giga as a low lvl giga isn't worth taming and they're worthless except as a show pet or maybe for eggs.

On 11/24/2020 at 8:05 PM, Laveyan said:

A baryonyx is a bit of a starter/early game mount like a carnotaur, the bary is useful for underwater trips such as visiting underwater resource caves to get oil and other materials inside them, and assuming your oxygen stat is high enough, you won't need a scuba tank to reach the underwater caves. I'm talking about the underwater caves that have just resources inside them, not the other dumb underwater caves that are filled with absurdly high level dinos inside them. Once you tame a good enough plesiosaur the bary will become obsolete in that regard as the plesio is faster, more powerful, and has high weight which makes it a much better water tame than the bary is. Despite what some would say I would never use a bary in one of the land caves as honestly I find bary's to be pathetic and wouldn't waste my time with them, I would use a sabertooth or a direwolf for land caving, they're better than a bary.

The thylacoleo is a bit of a mid to late game tame due to not only how dangerous they are but also how dangerous the one place on the maps where they exist is, the redwoods forest. I would consider the thyla to be the number one "taming mount" on the island map though not sure on other maps. By taming mount I mean you would use the thyla to tame other dinos, as the thyla is quite powerful despite it's smallish size and so can handle any nasty predators that might attack you(except a giga), it has good speed so you can chase down almost any fleeing dino on it, and you can fire weapons like the longneck rifle with tranq darts while riding it.

Btw, I hope you tamed a higher level giga as a low lvl giga isn't worth taming and they're worthless except as a show pet or maybe for eggs.

Don't listen  to this guy, Bary is one of the best cave dinos. Well, less so now that it's not carried by an argy but still very good.

Yes. Bary is a good tame. Should you tame a thyla ? Yeah. Most mounts have their own uses and based on their stats can be very useful for more situations. You won't be riding around on a giga for most your time. You need some smaller tames for certain things and a thyla is great for travel, taming, fighting and other uses.

2 hours ago, d1nk said:

Bary is one of the best cave dinos.

Completely agree. Many of the land caves I did were using a bary and others I used thyla. But to the original question, yeah bary are fun mounts in the water because of their stun thing so you should tame one ( btw If you're on the island idk why but its super hard to find a high level). Thyla is great for exploring since its strong, fast, and you can use weapons on it.

23 minutes ago, AirplaneSlider said:

Completely agree. Many of the land caves I did were using a bary and others I used thyla. But to the original question, yeah bary are fun mounts in the water because of their stun thing so you should tame one ( btw If you're on the island idk why but its super hard to find a high level). Thyla is great for exploring since its strong, fast, and you can use weapons on it.

One thing that's important that I remembered about bary specifically in caves - their head position blocks artho spit shot at you (from infront you)

Archived