So as of this recent patch, babies are floating to the ceiling and dying because inventory can not be accessed. Juvenile dinos as well. I do not know if this is only happening to certain dinos, or all. This happened to be 4 new baby mantis. Floated right up to the ceiling and stayed until they died. Interesting feature.

• Errour changed the title to Floating Mantis Babies

Same here ! But my mantis go right threw the ceilings and die , so that’s 2 weeks of work I finally got melee mut and my High HP and Stam / Wt combined on a male and it died today due to drifting away from trough ,  you know the game is hard enough on my time raising and playing then they have bullpoop like this , yah wildcard spewing trash again. The only thing they can do 

I’ve also lost a couple of mantis to the floating. I had triplets the other day and within seconds all three of them started flying. It appears that they give a little wiggle and hop in an animation and they sometime they don’t come down from the hop. I’m hoping low roofs will keep them safe and close to the troughs

73E218DB-9B31-4B5E-BC2C-7661054A2B86.jpeg

Hello WildCard, can you at least acknowledge that you are aware of the “flying” non full grown Mantis?  I have lost a dozen to starvation when they flew up out of trough range. When “flying”, they can be whistled with a follow one and they come back to the ground. When on the ground a follow one whistle does no good, they continue to rise up when you leave render.  Center map - pve - official - ps

Mantis that are not full grown are “flying “ up into the air. They seem to bounce and when you leave render they float up. I have had a dozen starve when they left trough distance. Center map, official, pve. when in the air you can whistle follow and they drop back down. On the ground if you whistle follow another dino they still rise up when you leave render. 

22 hours ago, GotMilik said:

Mantis that are not full grown are “flying “ up into the air. They seem to bounce and when you leave render they float up. I have had a dozen starve when they left trough distance. Center map, official, pve. when in the air you can whistle follow and they drop back down. On the ground if you whistle follow another dino they still rise up when you leave render. 

Hey moderators this was posted as a Bug Report. Why was it moved to a general discussion?  Please move this back to an official bug report

Yeah, put that back to Bug reports! This is nothing to just talk about in a general chat. It is a damn serious bug! We tried everything, from whistled to dino, put it in water to let it float constantly, put it in a dino leash, on wandering in a dino leash, in vacuum cubes, grabbed by a crab. i might have forgotten something, but its actually plain rubbish. It broke with one of the last patches, and already occures for over a week and not a single information, that devs are aware of that? come on...

I made the same experiences with flying mantises. Originally I did not understand why some starve to death while others next to them were able to eat from the trough. However they start flying and go thru ceilings. There are 2 ceilings on top of them. Sometimes they are on the next floor and sometimes they sit on top of the roof. So my advice until this gets fixed: always add food to their inventory and look after them from time to time. This way they have a chance to survive.

P.S.: My next mantis will definitely be named either Peter Pan or Mary Poppins depending on the sex 😉

The baby/juvenile/adolescent mantis seem to do a little hop randomly. The mantis will spring up a small amount then float down. As this is random often the next hop will occur before the mantis floats down. This keeps occurring until the mantis is stopped by a collision mesh. Another Dino (e.g a giga) or a skiff will stop the mantis, for some reason structures do not. This happened to me with every mantis I’ve raised, at least 20 now. If they move or are hit they will fall down. The issue is when they float away from a trough and starve. This glitch doesn’t persist into adulthood.

It’s almost as if they believe there is a structure below them, similar to a Dino standing on a structure that is destroyed.

C1230A55-312C-47B5-8275-F9433837AF1E.jpeg

Archived