procoptodon Why is the Procoptodon not in Aberration?

GunsMroses

Is it because jumping high is too OP? No need to climb because you can jump high, right?
If so, then why is the Managarmr, Bloodstalker, Gasbags, Deinonychus and even Desert Titan allowed?
Not like it would make sense to put the only creature that can be tamed with mushrooms in the expansion that is all about mushrooms or anything haha.

I sometimes seriously question the direction of the game and whoever accepts or allows these things...

Yea, I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed either. It could be that the question has never come up among those who decide these things.

I'm not sure I'd find much use for it though. It jumps pretty high and far, but it can't cling to walls like Rock Drakes or Deinos. If you're importing creatures, a Mana comes with the jumping ability and kills pretty much any dino on the map, except maybe a Reaper.

59 minutes ago, Probitas said:

Not all dinos are. Go to Extinction and get a good Enforcer. They jump, teleport AND climb walls. Way better IMO. If you are trying to be a 'completionist' and have one of all Aberration dinos then congrats, you only need to get the ones on the wiki page. Those are the official aberration dinos.

That's an interesting option I'd never thought of. I completely forgot that they climb walls. I still have a vault stuffed with Enforcer BPs too.

Do they take radiation damage?

32 minutes ago, zero064 said:

That's an interesting option I'd never thought of. I completely forgot that they climb walls. I still have a vault stuffed with Enforcer BPs too.

Do they take radiation damage?

Sadly they do, though I can't for the life of me come up with a plausible in game reason for this. Radiation by itself isn't enough to damage electronics unless it's massive and of a certain type, and at that point you're dead too so it's moot. And of course electronics can be shielded during design making it pointless. Seems like a silly design flaw in logic if you ask me. Why ARK creators made the things and didn't build in radiation immunity when they are supposed to hunt down radiated creatures makes zero sense. It would be like sending firefighters to fight a fire dressed in paper.

27 minutes ago, Probitas said:

Sadly they do, though I can't for the life of me come up with a plausible in game reason for this. Radiation by itself isn't enough to damage electronics unless it's massive and of a certain type, and at that point you're dead too so it's moot. And of course electronics can be shielded during design making it pointless. Seems like a silly design flaw in logic if you ask me. Why ARK creators made the things and didn't build in radiation immunity when they are supposed to hunt down radiated creatures makes zero sense. It would be like sending firefighters to fight a fire dressed in paper.

Ah, too bad. They probably wouldn't do well fighting all the nasties down there anyway.

Still an interesting option to get around the rest of the map. If you got one with higher weight it could even pack stuff around for you.

5 hours ago, LEDminer said:

The radiation damages your radsuit, so whatever radiation it is, it can damage inorganic substances. So that could be an explanation.

I think the enforcer deserves some love... At one point they were planning on giving them a damage resistance buff against corrupted creatures, even said it in the patch notes, but never added it in. The creature has one main use, and it's terrible at it.

They didn't?! I thought they did (or was that just a damage buff to corrupted ?)

On 11/24/2020 at 4:32 PM, GunsMroses said:

Not like it would make sense to put the only creature that can be tamed with mushrooms in the expansion that is all about mushrooms or anything haha.

You don't realize it but you just answered your own question.

Some of the features in ARK are deliberately designed to make players want to have bases on multiple maps. And keep in mind, ARK is fundamentally built around the concept of tribes, playing solo is a choice but it's a choice that makes the game harder because it's intended to be a tribe game.

If you're on a map with a lot of procoptodons, or if you want a lot of mushrooms for any reason, then one way to accomplish that goal is to also have a base on Aberration even if the only reason for that base is to farm mushrooms.

You're right that it would be easier to tame procoptodons if they were on Aberration, but "easier" is not the primary goal of ARK. This decision wasn't a mistake or an oversight, it was a deliberate choice designed to encourage players (tribes) to have bases on more than one map at a time.

Archived