Vacuum Compartments

oflow

Suggestion

So there isn’t really a lot of info on underwater bases with vacuum compartments, mainly due to their high cost of building and maintaining.

One thing that would make them a lot better would be changing how they are powered.

They require a tek generator to be powered but to build a decent sized base the element requirement to power the structure is so high it’s not worth the cost.

I don’t have a problem with them requiring a tek generator but they should work like electrical lines or water pipes meaning as long as they are connected to another powered piece they maintain a power supply.

1 reply to this server topic

Personally it was never about the cost for the part or the maintaining for me. Yes they are expensive, but it is still doable. 

The issues I have had with them is how unfriendly they are to building. They are odd sized in relation to building items so the simple step of even putting down a stair case is frustrating. Nothing looks right or fits well with the look and the size of the compartments. 

And while I know of ways to make it work, it just isn't worth the effort in my mind if I cannot fully utilize the building items in the space. 

Having them resized so building items will better fit or having items specific to the chambers may help - but it feels as though the items were created and forgotten, like so many other ideas that Wild Card has had in the past. 

It was an interesting concept they could have taken more steps to improve upon and expand with building and instead they gifted it to the player base and left it as is. 

That said, you idea has merit within the current constraints of the system. 

To expand on it I would suggest that...

• If the Tek Generator is the part used to power the chambers and all those connected that it register how many are and that the cost increase with every part connected. Essentially more parts used = more power drawn. 
  • The other option would be to create a Tek Chamber Generator which essentially does the work of a tek generator, but is instead a new vacuum chamber that snaps to the others and takes the position of the Tek Generator. It would act as you have suggested the normal generator work, but the element cost would be at an adjusted rate as it would only power the Vacuum Chambers connected and the items within them. It could make working with them a tad bit easier as currently you have to place a generator within the radius of a Vacuum Chamber to activate it whereas this version would snap directly into it. 

Archived