Close Call Stories

alternative1010

I got one for you, Hopefully after the new DLC's you will appreciate some nostalgia, I'm a veteran player who's returning after a year. I joined when my Darling Mesopithecus joined the ARK. I would hop on every day back then before school. Keep in mind, I'm 19 Now; I used to play this one server with friends on PVP Island. I would always take "Ozark" (my Meso) on my pteranodon to use as extra weight and as a warning system. Thankfully Ozark was there, I was flying over the northwest part of the what used to be before snow area. There lied my grave, fortunately and unfortunately my bird got shot down quick by some turrets hidden in the treeline. I was not paying attention as I was using my phone, I heard my Meso get hit and he did his little monkey noises and I went down quick. Luckily after he screeched as monkeys do, I was able to switch a parachute to hotbar and save myself. Rest in pieces, Ozark.

Playing Genesis in the Volcano Biome. Had just done a bunch of missions on Alpha difficulty and had tons of good loot. Was zipping around on my Bloodstalker when I decided it would be fun to go grab a Magmasaur egg. So I went into the volcano dodging various threats and such, and found a 150 Magmasaur egg. Grabbed it and started swinging my way out when I accidentally pressed Y(On Xbox) and dismounted from my Bloodstalker. In that moments following as I fell, a Magmasaur Fireball struck my Bloodstalker! Had I not accidentally dismounted, I would have died to the fireball. Didn't take too much fall damage, just whistled my stalker to come back to me and made my great escape. Lots of loot and an awesome egg to boot(Had a lot of levels into weight). 

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Close Call Stories
1 hour ago, ImpureFrost said:

The OP said he almost bought scorched earth, Knowing that the new free maps have scorched earth components and creatures. Ragnarok came out after scorched earth this people were able to get free scorched earth components.

I was confused by the "im a vet" part having anything to do with the topic is all

I accidentally jumped into a trench in extinction with a deer, got a giant lag spike and when it went away, my deer had 10 HP... I had landed on a small ledge... from below a raptor was looking up at me... I waited to regain HP, then lept of the ledge and ran like the wind, didn’t have much on me tho, so it wouldn’t have been toooo bad, only really lose a deer.

This happened last night, I was heading home from turkey hunting/taming and I saw this gorgeous sarco (level 5, didnt bother me cause most of the time, especially during events, I tame for colors, and that means a faster tame) so I had ran over to check her out in the light of my bulbdog because it was dark and ran back to my giga because there was danger I needed to kill. So I start over on my giga who was only about 5 steps (giga steps) away from her when I see she is heading for a dire bear. We all know how well a level 5 sarco would have fared against a dire bear, I think it was like level 50, she wouldnt have lasted 30 seconds. So I jump off my giga, mid air pull out my tranq gun (which is high quality, thankfully) and aim mid air in glider and shoot, AS SHE STARTS HER ATTACK it hit her and KOd her instantly and she did not get the chance to actually connect. 
image.png.6a945ee0af3b8712bc064f48d59d4d56.png
(pic of her, I dont have a day light pic because I went to bed after getting back to base) 

Archived