Best way to get lots of red gems.

JustAnotherBeachNoob

Hi, my Tribemate and I recently found a pan accendant rock drake saddle blueprint. The issue is, we need 4000 red gems. We are playing on ab only. I have seen lots of videos of people going down to very rich areas, but do you have to rockdrake back up? We have rock drakes, megalosaurus, and reapers for combat. Is there a way to walk a train of 12 megalosaurus back up carrying all the red gems? The only way you can walk out of the red zone, that I know if, is the area by the crystaline swamps and the spine. This area is red gem rich though. 

1 hour ago, JustAnotherBeachNoob said:

I can’t use a skiff as we are playing on AB only. 

You could ask some kind, trustworthy soul to make you one.

Before I made mine I made a small 3x3 with a vault at the top of red, then used a decent Drake with weight, anky and good spino podded at the ready. I'd use the spino to clear an area and take care of any reaper Queens, get as much red gems as my drake could carry and drop into the vault at the top of red. Rinse and repeat, when ferry the goods back to base at the end.

13 minutes ago, sjskdjkfa said:

Not to familiar with the map so forgive me if this is a bad idea, but what about taking the bp down and craftin saddles down where ever? can u make a base where u get the gems at?

I'm pretty sure you can't build structures down there, at least in the Rock Drake trench areas. Otherwise we'd be able to lure Rock Drakes to turrets to kill them.

1 hour ago, sjskdjkfa said:

Not to familiar with the map so forgive me if this is a bad idea, but what about taking the bp down and craftin saddles down where ever? can u make a base where u get the gems at?

The rock drake saddle sadly cannot be crafted in a smithy as it requires too many smithy slots. 

Archived