You Start on a New Server, what does your progression look like?

Otter01

My brother and I start fresh on new servers quite often, and we've noticed a trend with how we play.

Spawn Ragnarok, Highlands North East, tame a equus, use it to gather berries and small resources for levels and narcotics, tame a pteranodon, (possibly use that ptera to get a wyv egg), take that ptera to whichever map we feel like, etc...

Im curious what other player's progression looks like, what order do you do things, what do you rush towards to make whatever progress you are attempting.

Edit: I have over 1000 hours in Ark, so im not necessarily looking for a walkthrough, i just wanna see how everyone plays differently than me 

First mount depends on map. Usually horse or iguandadon. On extinction though my starter of choice is the archaeopteryx. Super easy tame and lets you make easy escapes from predators and acts as a poor mans flyer.

For maps with flyers the ptera and argents are a must. Procoptodon is an absurdly good mount too, it’s how I handled genesis. Once you have your argent or procop, you can start hauling lots of materials and get yourself properly established.

15 hours ago, Otter01 said:

My brother and I start fresh on new servers quite often, and we've noticed a trend with how we play.

Spawn Ragnarok, Highlands North East, tame a equus, use it to gather berries and small resources for levels and narcotics, tame a pteranodon, (possibly use that ptera to get a wyv egg), take that ptera to whichever map we feel like, etc...

Im curious what other player's progression looks like, what order do you do things, what do you rush towards to make whatever progress you are attempting.

Edit: I have over 1000 hours in Ark, so im not necessarily looking for a walkthrough, i just wanna see how everyone plays differently than me 

Depends pve or pvp?

I haven't actually restarted very often, so I'm currently still experimenting with all the beginning dinos. On my last play through I tamed a very early Therizinosaurus, 6 solid hours and thousands of narcoberries. That was a pretty fun tame to start with.

Next time I'll be on scorched Earth so I'll be trying the desert dinos like the water lizard and spine shooting lizard.

when I skip ahead to my aberration playthrough I'm focusing on ravagers early on. I want  get heavy use out of their weight reduction and zipline ability.

And my Extinction playthrough will be getting an enforcer very early and even though I'm PVE single player I'd like to use the Scout in some capacity.

on Ragnarok I wanted to try a high-level early Turtle tame, just start living on and in the water.

On official pvp:
-Island I start off by running to the west side of the volcano and get a 2x3 stone building to cook up some metal / obsidian. After I have the stuff to make turrets I migrate to the south big pearl cave and set up my real base. After that I go to ab to tame a crab and a spino then progress normally from there
-On ab I start off with an iguana then go running around looking for a high level spino. Tame it then find a crab, set up on the west blue zone (where the rocks are glitchy) and go from there
-On Rag I start off with the same stuff as OP (horse / pt) then go to the redwoods for metal. Fly to the desert to get an anky / doed / argy, then start making a replicator (hitting lamp posts on extinction for ele dust and crystal). After repli I go make vacuum chambers and build an underwater base near the tuso trench

Archived