Community Crunch 247: Turkey Trial, XBOX Free Weekend, and More!

StudioWildcard

3 hours ago, pendrag said:

@StudioWildcard

Are you able to provide the time slots as to when the release is to be available to the assorted platforms?

On Twitter @complexminded stated the deployment will start with the PC group @ 13:00 Pacific with Consoles to begin at 20:00 Pacific.

Grumbles about the times are not needed; we all feel the pain in some way.

11 minutes ago, pendrag said:

On Twitter @complexminded stated the deployment will start with the PC group @ 13:00 Pacific with Consoles to begin at 20:00 Pacific.

Grumbles about the times are not needed; we all feel the pain in some way.

Grumbles are relevant.

Those announcements are pretty useless. Nobody on my server knows when it's beginning as none of us use twitter! It is an awful platform, just like Facebook and more people are moving away from social media.

IMHO, they should update this website more frequently with important things like start times or before making said announcements, include all the relevant information in the first place!

22 minutes ago, Clarey said:

[snip] ... none of us use twitter! It is an awful platform, just like Facebook and more people are moving away from social media.

IMHO, they should update this website more frequently with important things like start times or before making said announcements, include all the relevant information in the first place!

+1

This is so important.  I think companies in general, but specifically game companies, should keep all of their announcements, update info, patch notes, player info, etc. all on the same social media platform.  If they want to use a second or third platform, great.  But we shouldn't have to go to the forums to see updates and patch notes, Twitter for downtimes/problems/update times, Facebook for secondary info ... 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Clarey said:

Grumbles are relevant.

Those announcements are pretty useless. Nobody on my server knows when it's beginning as none of us use twitter! It is an awful platform, just like Facebook and more people are moving away from social media.

Agreed, the original announcement should have had the deployment times included in it.

As for the platforms, there are many out there, and choosing which to use and which to avoid are both a personal and business decision. Businesses will want to be seen on as many public platforms as is available to them.

Personal choice is just that, and I will not chase that rabbit. 😄

My statement:

43 minutes ago, pendrag said:

Grumbles about the times are not needed

Was focused solely on the times themselves and the flood of complaints that followed the Twitter post. As I am not employed by any gaming provider or developer, I too would like to experience instant gratification when new shiny things are to be available. And to quote a song from the past; "you can't always get what you want"

• Thanks 1

On 11/21/2020 at 1:15 AM, Batfloke said:

"

A message from our Product Manager:

While gamers can sometimes squabble over the little things, like which console is better, the ARK community is nonetheless tightly-knit. "

This isn't the first time this has happened in Ark - there are a couple of player-built monuments/tributes to friends who have moved on, but the story on Reddit was touching too. I am happy - in a weirdly sad way - that Ark is the latest game to have put something like this in their environment to honour players no longer with us. It's a good thing and no doubt appreciated by many in the community.

And everyone knows arguing over which console is best is just plain daft....

We all know PC is Master Race 😝

Pc is noob race

Primitive plus needs tlc 3 too please, dont forget about us, we're loyal fans too, p+ servers are dying because of how poorly updated it is by wildcard, the game crashes due to the slightest destruction of brick or lumber, please don't leave p+ for dead, its extremely fun to play on and it sucks to see it go under

Playing official Xbox and cannot play because of the lag and dashboarding. Played for 2 hours and couldn’t take it anymore after being dashboarded 6 times. The lag is so bad don’t fly any mounts. Got dashboarded 3 times flying and had to go get my birds. This needs fixed. The game is not playable now. I’m just going to play something else. Not worth it

• Thanks 1

I have been on Ark since beta so I  turned from legacy player into private server, been back and forth seeing a lot go by. I must admit, the monument to all those that ascended brought my respect level for ark to Omega. There has been a lot going on this whole year, its time to heal, and never forget. Great job helping that along, to all the Wildcard staff, I thank you.

Well after the update got the new event. I am getting booted every 30 minutes. Hard to do meat runs when you have to keep reloading in. This while playing on Xbox. Seems to always happen during events. Lag has increased as well. Please fix. Love trying to stay ahead of my husband on finding the cool dinos to tame.

Edited by msjules

My son and I are new players.  We want to participate in the turkey event.  Question is how do we get the event?   We are playing on Xbox?  Is there is code we need to type in?   We are so lost.  We did the update and can’t find any turkeys.  Are they only on one certain Map or story mode?  Please help!!  Thanks for reading!