Community Crunch 247: Turkey Trial, XBOX Free Weekend, and More!

StudioWildcard

Turkey Trial 4

ARK  Survival Evolved Screenshot 2020.11.13 - 23.27.08.36.jpg

From Tuesday, November 24th through Tuesday, December 8th grab your tribe and flock over for Turkey Trial 4.  Go on the hunt for the unforgiving “Super-Turkeys” and harvest wishbones to gain new chibis, cosmetic items, event-themed skins, and all new emotes! 

Event Details

This event can be manually activated with the server arg parameter: -ActiveEvent=TurkeyTrial

Dates November 24th to December 8th

Rates

• 2X Breeding (mating interval, egg hatch speed, and maturation)
  • 2X XP
  • 2X Harvesting
  • 2X Taming

Event Creatures

• Super Turkeys (Untamable creature)
  • DodoRex (Craftable Temporary Tame)

Event Skins

• 2 Thanksgiving-themed Sweater Skins *NEW*
  • 2 Thanksgiving-themed Swimsuit Skins *NEW*
  • 2 Hawaiian-themed Shirt Skins *NEW*
  • Bonnet Hat
  • Chieftan Hat
  • Pilgrim Hat
  • Turkey Hat
  • Dodo Pie Swim Bottom & Top
  • Meat Swim Bottom & Top
  • Turkey Swim Bottom & Top
  • Pitchfork
  • Turkey Leg

Event Chibis (acquired via killing Super Turkey's for Wishbones)

• Tuso *NEW*
  • Broodmother *NEW*
  • Bonnet Otter *NEW*
  • Mantis *NEW*
  • Dunkleosteus *NEW*

Event Items

• Wishbones (acquired from killing Super Turkey's)
  • Thanksgiving Dino Candy

Wild Creature Colors

• MediumAutumn *NEW*
  • LightAutumn *NEW*
  • BurntSienna *NEW*
  • DarkMagenta *NEW*
  • DarkViolet *NEW*
  • Vermillion *NEW*
  • MidnightBlue *NEW*
  • BlackSands *NEW*
  • DarkBlue *NEW*
  • Orange *NEW*
  • Brown
  • Dark Red
  • Dino Dark Red
  • Dino Albino
  • NearBlack
  • Red
  • Light Brown
  • Black
  • Dino Darker Grey

ARK  Survival Evolved Screenshot 2020.11.14 - 00.00.14.35.jpg

Live-Ops Update

A message from our Product Manager:

While gamers can sometimes squabble over the little things, like which console is better, the ARK community is nonetheless tightly-knit. It's no surprise then, that when the community loses one of their own, fellow players are eager to reach out and honour the player that has passed away

Over the years, we have received some very touching messages from players who have lost fellow tribe members, family members and friends and chose to share their ways of paying tribute to them in-game with us. 

Many of us at Wildcard were touched by a player’s story shared on Reddit about his lovely wife Heather, who passed away suddenly. He and his sister made a tribute to her on Valguero (her favourite map) and shared this screenshot with the community

qq710D0.jpg

We put our heads together to come up with a way we could add a lasting memorial to the game for, not only Heather, but for all of the Survivors who have Ascended. 

Jackson Lawrence, one of our talented Level Designers, kindly offered to spend his own time creating a lasting memorial and I think his work is just beautiful! I’m humbled to be able to share our new addition to the Valguero map with the community. 

Thank you for not only allowing us to entertain you but also for inviting what we created into your lives. As a bunch of people wanting to make something exciting and immersive, we’re honoured when players take that beyond anything we can possibly do to forge their own connections with the game. Our world may not be real but your sentiment and attachment to it is.

HighresScreenshot00027.jpg

We hope our small gesture brings some comfort to players who have lost loved ones.

- Dollie and the Studio Wildcard Team. 

DDoS Mitigation

Improving the health and stability of our network infrastructure is a huge priority for the team. One of the biggest hurdles we've faced stem from DDoS (distributed denial of service) attacks. These are malicious attacks on our network which lead to server issues such as downtime, poor performance, or not being able to connect. While these attacks are a global issue and impossible to prevent entirely, the team has spent a considerable amount of engineering time on mitigating these attacks with our hosting partners to reduce the impact they have on your playing experience.

As of the past few weeks, we have deployed some serious enhancements to the system and have such seen a dramatic decrease in server issues related to DDoS attacks on PC, Xbox, and PS4. Although things have improved, we will continue to monitor the overall health of the Official Network and work on advancing the technology to mitigate these attacks.

Character Loss caused by Rollbacks & Auto Restoration

Preventing character loss remains of utmost importance to us. We've recently implemented the technology (and have had it running live on our Official Network) to auto-restore characters in the event that a server has experienced a rollback. Specifically, if a player has recently transferred to a server and for some reason, that server has gone down without saving the world (crashed/restarted), upon it's next start up that character (presuming it hadn't left the server), will be automatically restored.  We'll continue to monitor for character loss reports and identify opportunities to advance the auto-restoration technology.

Disconnection Issues for Xbox and Win10 clients.

We have identified and fixed the issue causing players to regularly disconnect from Player Dedicated & Non-Dedicated servers on Xbox/Win10 every 30 minutes. The fix will be rolled out the upcoming Turkey Trial update on the 24th of November.

Beginner Server Wipe

Just a friendly reminder that we're close to the next reset date on Beginner servers, which will take place on December 1st.  For those not familiar, Beginner Official Servers are an experience for new ARK players to test the waters without the threat of thoroughly developed tribes. 

Unlike our regular servers, these have undergone some changes and will wipe every 8 weeks. First of all, there have been some limitations on how much a player or dino can progress. Player levels hit their cap at 44 and the highest encounter possible for wild creatures is level 30. Tamed creatures can receive up to an additional maximum of 30 levels. Due to the progression limits, some engrams are not achievable through leveling up but are found via supply crates. Some other changes include the disabling of alliances and tribe sizes have been limited to 5 members maximum.

Below are the subsequent planned wipes based on the 8-week wipe schedule:

• January 26
  • March 23
  • May 18
  • July 13
  • September 7
  • Nov 2
  • Dec 28

Black Friday Sales

Black_Friday_Sale_Xbox.jpg

Don't miss your chance to grab ARK for up to 80% off in the XBOX Black Friday Sale

Black_Friday_Sale_PS.jpg

Get started on your Black Friday shopping with ARK while it is up to 80% off in the Playstation Black Friday Sale!

EVO Event

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from Friday the 20th of Nov at 4 PM EST until  Tuesday the 8th of December at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

• 2x Breeding/Maturing/Egg Hatching
  • 2x Harvesting
  • 2x Taming
  • 2x XP

Fan Art

Poglin from ImEnFuego

EnJJJJ_VgAEKe90.jpg

Brontos Grazing from RoxaneLapa

de8vspw-9a7695bc-6ee9-4d70-9e93-4ea761966b54.jpg

Parasaurolophus from Drekaava

de8pc37-41fdd720-5509-43ab-868f-eeba751587eb.jpg

Crystal Isles: A quiet sunset from Melina799

de8mv58-3c2d5a7b-664f-4c1a-a227-af1699fa2966.jpg

Reaper Queen from Bob van Dorst (Discord)

IMG_20200611_185256.jpg

From MrMEOLA

EnEMyBxXYAc8bXl.jpg

Catch you next week!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark

View full article

• Like 4

"

A message from our Product Manager:

While gamers can sometimes squabble over the little things, like which console is better, the ARK community is nonetheless tightly-knit. "

This isn't the first time this has happened in Ark - there are a couple of player-built monuments/tributes to friends who have moved on, but the story on Reddit was touching too. I am happy - in a weirdly sad way - that Ark is the latest game to have put something like this in their environment to honour players no longer with us. It's a good thing and no doubt appreciated by many in the community.

And everyone knows arguing over which console is best is just plain daft....

We all know PC is Master Race 😝

Edited by Batfloke
Spelling
  • Like 1

The thing most important to me in all of ARK: Please would you kindly confirm whether the event will be possible to extend on unofficials or if it will be force-ended on December 8th? I would so very much appreciate a confirmation on what will happen, rather than it being a nasty surprise.

Having that said, I can't stress how important it is for me to enjoy the events, that I can extend them at my leisure. Would you please consider making all events extensible? I don't care if you have to remove event stuff when the event ends, but please let them stay in the game for as long as the event argument (ActiveEvent) is set ❤️ 

Having that said - thank you so much for having the event! And I really loved the nice touch with the ascenders tribute ❤️❤️❤️ 

I lost my tribemate just after the release of the game, we played early acess together.. I met him on PVE and we went from nothing to one of the biggest tribes together (hes deaf and im mute), just the two of us about 7 days after the game released he got hit by a car that he couldnt hear... Killed him instantly. I built a giant memorial on my server before leaving it and have been tending to that memorial ever since. Thank you wildcard, this gesture, as small as it might be, is so important to me. I hope his memory will be preserved here, I miss you jai, but I hope youre in a better place now.

• Like 7

Can we have a decent wishbone price for the chibis this time? 20 bones for the Halloween chibis was too high considering how few bones the skeleton dinos gave and how hard to find they were (yeah, you turned up the spawns, but with 30+ people per server out hunting them...). I'd actually like to be able to get some of the new chibis this time; I didn't get any of the Halloween ones

5 minutes ago, Cyberra said:

Can we have a decent wishbone price for the chibis this time? 20 bones for the Halloween chibis was too high considering how few bones the skeleton dinos gave and how hard to find they were (yeah, you turned up the spawns, but with 30+ people per server out hunting them...). I'd actually like to be able to get some of the new chibis this time; I didn't get any of the Halloween ones

same here honestly the summer and easter events were great for chibi but everyone i know complained about the bones on halloween. we moved on to getting just the emotes and stopped there. for shame

• Like 2

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, TheBlueBlaze007 said:

I lost my tribemate just after the release of the game, we played early acess together.. I met him on PVE and we went from nothing to one of the biggest tribes together (hes deaf and im mute), just the two of us about 7 days after the game released he got hit by a car that he couldnt hear... Killed him instantly. I built a giant memorial on my server before leaving it and have been tending to that memorial ever since. Thank you wildcard, this gesture, as small as it might be, is so important to me. I hope his memory will be preserved here, I miss you jai, but I hope youre in a better place now.

Thank you for sharing your story with us