New Breeding Tech (Not really a stretch)

Thesurvivalist2019

Suggestion

So i was reading the explorer notes on the island and helena theorizes that the animals were genetically modified for the environments and it got me thinking, why werent we given the oppertunity to play around with genetics?

Im calling this idea "The Mutator" 

How this works is with a device like the taxidermy tool you can approach dead or tamed creatures and extract genetic material from them and take those samples to a machine that can be used to make eggs. What kind of eggs? Thats up to you. The samples can be used to make cross species animals for example:

A polar bear wolf or a Wvyerntavis etc.

The machine modifies animals to an extent with Four categories:

Body:

The modifiable parts will be the head, upper and lower body, tail and misc for like wings, water sacs or something else that you may desire

Powers:

Powers will be the choice of what your custom creature can do.

You have your primary ability, secondary, tertiary and a passive ability like steath or healing and an extra ability like climbing or resourse harvesting.

Colors:

Colors are being able to choose what colors they will have when their born using dyes. I suppose you could use a brush but whos got time for that?

Size: 

Basically you can also choose to make your custom creature a shoulder pet, a non mountable tame, a rideable tame like a raptor or something as big as a giga but the bigger it is the more expensive. Cost: Shards

Cost varies on what you make

But if you wanted to make it a chibi its free. It would also make it like a preview.

One of the things different about these creatures is that even if you have two of the same made creatures they cannot be bread through mating. Like any creature, they will come out as babies and youll have to raise them and imprint in them. Other than that they are like any other creatures you find wandering around just with a touch of imagination. Let me know what you think and i can take criticism. I wish i had a polar bear dog. 

5 replies to this server topic

1 hour ago, Qwertymine said:

The Wooly Gigagarmr would be OP anyways. Many of Arks creatures are hardly balanced as is, I can't imagine what it would be like with Mosarexes and Velonocoatlus. 

Say its on offical servers, the creatures by default are weak so i think to keep it UP every mutant will always start at level 1 it wont be like eggs where it will breed them at a random level, i would also make it so they would either do less damage then normal creatures or less defense. To put it simply theyll be nerfed but will have something special to do which will make people want to do it, besides wanting to play dino dress up. What that special thing is im not sure just yet, but ill come up with something.

I can also see this could make certain holiday theme creature pointless because if the idea becomes reality, everybody got a dodorex 24/7. But this is more for fun, i dont intend for it to be practical but i would like to see it. This would also be a tekgram so not everyone gonna get to it without grinding. Maybe we'll see it in Ark 2

3 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

This would take WAY too much coding and resources from Wildcard to be worth it. And with combination mechanics like this in games, there's usually one or two combinations that are way too strong to be balanced. Considering how many creatures are in this game and how varied they are, this would quite possibly be impossible to make a reality. 

Coding issue asside it still would be awesome and if your worried that making these hybrids will break the game then why not make it more restrictive by only allowing 5 hybrids be made per player. Im sure if wild card considered this they would find some balanced work around. I hope they see this and consider it.

This would take WAY too much coding and resources from Wildcard to be worth it. And with combination mechanics like this in games, there's usually one or two combinations that are way too strong to be balanced. Considering how many creatures are in this game and how varied they are, this would quite possibly be impossible to make a reality. 

Archived