Any advice on finding alpha basilisks?

NavySeal615

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I talked to some vets about hunting down the Alpha Basilisk.  

Typically you can expect to find one alpha basilisk after about 75-150 basilisk kills.   I ended up finding my first alpha basilisk after 120 kills and then another one 4 kills later on the same day.

I typically move from the portal to fertile lake to the overlook (blue zone).   I have found up to 15 different basilisks within a 30 minute timespan after a server reset or during odd hours.   My two kills came during odd hours when most people aren't playing.   Based on talking to others, server population doesn't seem to matter, you just have to put in the time. 

I found one alpha basilisk at the portal and then the next at fertile lake.

Not long ago they capped the getallstate command that shown if there was a given dino in render range (now it requires to be admin) but before to that I've hunted a lot of both alpha reapers and basilisks and based on the info that command gave:

- The normal and also alpha basilisks can spawn in the mesh so even if you are close to one you cant reach it, and it will stay there for days. The most reliable way to catch one is spamming kills in the portal zone and hope for them to spawn in areas the player can reach.

- There is only one alpha reaper in the map. It doesnt matter how many you kill, you not gonna spawn a new one. Idk if they literally can spawn in any place of the surface, the most weirdest place I've ever found one two times was in the small surface, on top of the metal structure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived