why every 1 hate diplo

square5355

I raise them on occasion. I have 18.3k hp hatch. I think that'll get to 95k hp

I have used them on purple OSD's to push dino's off drops while we were eating other dino's, I use them as base defense on Extinction to tank and repel kited corrupted until my turrets and Giga's can do their job.

Diplo's are great.

The only thing that keeps them out of my "Used" creatures list(List of creatures I'd use regularly as a mount) is that they have NO forms of damage, don't even think they do trample. Even the Gasbag has an attack, no matter how pathetic it may be. 

This is the same problem the Lymantria has, a unique but utterly useless pseudo-attack that only helps occasionally. 

If Diplos had a tail whip stun of some kind to stun threats it would be a much better mount, but one Allo pack and you can basically kiss your Diplo goodbye unless you have dinos with you. 

In this regard, the Diplo is one of the worst tames in the game simply because it cannot defend itself from the most basic of threats. It was easily the worst in the entire game when it was first added because ALL carnivores attacked it, thank god that's not the case anymore. 

14 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I raise them on occasion. I have 18.3k hp hatch. I think that'll get to 95k hp

I have used them on purple OSD's to push dino's off drops while we were eating other dino's, I use them as base defense on Extinction to tank and repel kited corrupted until my turrets and Giga's can do their job.

Diplo's are great.

I will definitely try that on purple OSD's ! Great and fun idea ! We play in pvp mode and we damage the drop when we kill the dinos which managed to sneak past our gigas. A diplo "protecting" the drop could be really a good solution.

2 hours ago, Elgar said:

I will definitely try that on purple OSD's ! Great and fun idea ! We play in pvp mode and we damage the drop when we kill the dinos which managed to sneak past our gigas. A diplo "protecting" the drop could be really a good solution.

I used a pack of 5. Kept them in a leash (which didn't get destroyed somehow) plus they had max saddles (99.2) and 5 veggie cakes each. They were 17k hp hatches and ranged between 75k and 80k hp. They each lost about 20k hp but held up good and were able to push everything back even Enraged Rex's. Most importantly, it was damn funny. 

7 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I used a pack of 5. Kept them in a leash (which didn't get destroyed somehow) plus they had max saddles (99.2) and 5 veggie cakes each. They were 17k hp hatches and ranged between 75k and 80k hp. They each lost about 20k hp but held up good and were able to push everything back even Enraged Rex's. Most importantly, it was damn funny. 

Be funny to use them on that one drop location near map edge.. push them all off XD

Archived