Jump to content

Wyver food calculator


Recommended Posts

I've thought about it. Prty sure it actually starts with 300 f/h and decreases linearly.

E.g. 50% -> they've lost half the rate so use 150 f/h

while at 75% -> 300*.25= 75 f/h

since the rate continues to decrease over what ever interval you calculate for - they will use even less of their food than using that calculated rate

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sjskdjkfa said:

I've thought about it. Prty sure it actually starts with 300 f/h and decreases linearly.

E.g. 50% -> they've lost half the rate so use 150 f/h

while at 75% -> 300*.25= 75 f/h

since the rate continues to decrease over what ever interval you calculate for - they will use even less of their food than using that calculated rate

Yeh i have noticed the same thing were just wondering if there is math to calculate it. If its linear curve would love to be able to make chart but sadly i dont have time to use stopwatch every 5 % maturation. Some sort of calculator would help a lot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Luewen said:

Yeh i have noticed the same thing were just wondering if there is math to calculate it. If its linear curve would love to be able to make chart but sadly i dont have time to use stopwatch every 5 % maturation. Some sort of calculator would help a lot.

I expect the equation is something like 3*(100-current) where current is the wyverns current maturation. Using that I made this chart:

0 300
5 285
10 270
15 255
20 240
25 225
30 210
35 195
40 180
45 165
50 150
55 135
60 120
65 105
70 90
75 75
80 60
85 45
90 30
95 15

number on the left is mat percent and number on the right is expected rate for a wyvern at that %

as a sanity check i just poped out some wyverns and took some data...

_____
food: 600 @ 1:47pm
maturation: 58.7% @ 1:47pm
_____
@2:17pm
food: 542
%mat: 59.2
_____
@2:47pm
food: 483
%mat: 59.7%
_____


some math
---------
1:47->2:17=30min
600-542=58 food lost
59.2-58.7=0.5% mat gained
=>116 f/h,
1% mat/h
---------
1:47->2:47=1h
600-483=117 f/h

Note if I'd used the table I would have looked at the line 60 120, so 116 to 117 actual rate is pretty close.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

more news, first off my equation is off by enough to be concerning! :/

using the linear 300(100%-current%)
100-58.7 = 41.3 % left
300*0.413=123.9 f/h
123 ~ 116 ?? my rate was off by 7... 
DILO is the real equation!?

 

also..

I made a simple calculator of sorts!  (a python script for my personal use)

percent = raw_input("percent? ")
food = raw_input("food? ")
print float(food)/(3*(100-float(percent)))

should give you a reasonable approximation of how many hours left by inputting current food and % assuming you can install or have python installed... perhaps someone can improve on what I've done. For one idk why my equation was that far off from my timed rate, perhaps more importantly idk how to incorporate the fact that the rate keeps decreasing, idk how to make a calculator available to the public other than sharing code...

one idea for improving the calc put a loop where it calculates the instantaneous rate, decreases foods, increases %, then next iteration gets the new rate, rinse and repeat till there is no more foods, which would be fine, but seriously can someone who is good at calculus give us a better way...?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sjskdjkfa said:

more news, first off my equation is off by enough to be concerning! :/

using the linear 300(100%-current%)
100-58.7 = 41.3 % left
300*0.413=123.9 f/h
123 ~ 116 ?? my rate was off by 7... 
DILO is the real equation!?

 

also..

I made a simple calculator of sorts!  (a python script for my personal use)


percent = raw_input("percent? ")
food = raw_input("food? ")
print float(food)/(3*(100-float(percent)))

should give you a reasonable approximation of how many hours left by inputting current food and % assuming you can install or have python installed... perhaps someone can improve on what I've done. For one idk why my equation was that far off from my timed rate, perhaps more importantly idk how to incorporate the fact that the rate keeps decreasing, idk how to make a calculator available to the public other than sharing code...

one idea for improving the calc put a loop where it calculates the instantaneous rate, decreases foods, increases %, then next iteration gets the new rate, rinse and repeat till there is no more foods, which would be fine, but seriously can someone who is good at calculus give us a better way...?

I think we need @Joebl0w13 to chime in if he has any idea on the math.

Your chart in the first message is not that far off though. I had wyvern at roughly 3015 food yesterday and 17% maturation. Went to bed and 10 and half hours later it was around 600. I cant remember the exact number. So about 240 to 245 food per hour. But there must be some sort of calculation in game code for that,right? Similar to other dinos on breeding calculators.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2020 at 1:01 AM, sjskdjkfa said:

more news, first off my equation is off by enough to be concerning! :/

using the linear 300(100%-current%)
100-58.7 = 41.3 % left
300*0.413=123.9 f/h
123 ~ 116 ?? my rate was off by 7... 
DILO is the real equation!?

 

also..

I made a simple calculator of sorts!  (a python script for my personal use)


percent = raw_input("percent? ")
food = raw_input("food? ")
print float(food)/(3*(100-float(percent)))

should give you a reasonable approximation of how many hours left by inputting current food and % assuming you can install or have python installed... perhaps someone can improve on what I've done. For one idk why my equation was that far off from my timed rate, perhaps more importantly idk how to incorporate the fact that the rate keeps decreasing, idk how to make a calculator available to the public other than sharing code...

one idea for improving the calc put a loop where it calculates the instantaneous rate, decreases foods, increases %, then next iteration gets the new rate, rinse and repeat till there is no more foods, which would be fine, but seriously can someone who is good at calculus give us a better way...?

Totally did not notice your python script. I am gonna have test with it. Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...