arthopluera Arthropluera for Pve

Pvebanger

Suggestion

At the moment there Is no need for pve players to tame and breed the arthoplueras, if the arthos could be the main harvester for the red element stones on Gen then the pve community would be engaged in breeding them. Maybe have the ankys not harvest as much element or not be able to harvest element. Could spin it as the arthos bite is needed to extract the element. 

6 replies to this server topic

6 hours ago, Chipsy114 said:

magmasaur is a raid mount and a gather, there are other dinos that have more than one use.

That doesn't mean the Arthro needs to be one as well, as I said, many dinos like the Giga and Arthro were designed with PvP in mind. Just because the Magmasaur mixes PvP and PvE doesn't mean every creature needs to as well. 

What about the Arthro in particular makes it seem fitting to mine crystal with? Why not give that kind of utility to the Doed or Rock Elemental, or make another creature capable of mining those resources, like the Roll Rat. 

Doesn’t make sense for it? It give the pve players a reason to tame them, not everything is pvp.

Yeah, I'm saying it's a silly idea for a non-harvesting creature that spits corrosive acid and deals damage to all structure types due to that acid to try and harvest resources. You don't need a reason to tame Arthros, just tame them. I'm a primarily singleplayer player who tames everything simply because I can, you shouldn't need a creature do "something" for you. 

Why would you say this about other dinos and not want to fix it so the gameplay is better with more useful dinos?

Because changing the Arthro alone doesn't fix anything. In fact, you probably just make the problem worse, because now the previous harvesters of those resources are worse off and you haven't touched the other 80% of the cast that still does nothing. There's so few resources in this game that simply assigning something like the Arthro to one really hurts the balance. That's why we've had just the Doed and Anky for so long, because to take utility from them(Especially the Doed) really hurts them. The Magmasaur was atleast a logical step in resource harvesting because it's 1. A literal walking forge and 2. Is much harder to tame than an Anky or Doed. Neither one of those aspects apply to the Arthro at all, especially on maps like Scorched, Ragnarok, or the Center where Arthros can spawn outside of caves. 

There is one existing harvesting creature that could potentially work with this kind of change, and it's the Phoenix. It's basically a discount Magmasaur, and REALLY needs some utility(Alongside other buffs). 

All in all, the idea really escapes me. I guess Pachyrhino should be metal harvesters because there's no reason to tame them huh. Or Pachys should be stone harvesters because who uses those am I right? Oooo, here's a good one, the Titanosaur should harvest every resource in the game seeing as how it can crush just about anything under its weight. 

I pretty much disagree with everything you just said but am happy to discuss. 
arthros are already breedable so the comment about them already being strong doesn’t make sense, there’s a few dinos that gather and raid. Yes there are a lot of other dinos that don’t have uses that’s why there is a game suggestion to help improve the game so I’m sure other dinos can be made useful just got to work out how they would fit in. Gigas are used 80-90 percent of the time in Pve

4 hours ago, Pvebanger said:

Well the way i saw it was the corrosive spit is used to break down hard rocks like it does metal so yeah really it goes hand in hand and isnt that hard to put together.

And yet the Doed and Anky don't break metal structures. Or stone for that matter. Plus, I don't think melting resources is a good way of harvesting. 

And the Mantis has always been a viable mount, I don't know why you'd use that as an example. If anything I probably would've mentioned the Angler, the sole collector of Silica Pearls, but that works because only they can collect Pearl nodes and nothing before them could, so it was a niche we needed. 

4 hours ago, Pvebanger said:

Maybe you're right lets just leave the tames that do nothing for people and let them just die off.

Not saying that, what I'm saying is don't put something like Element Harvesting to the Arthropleura. I write in TLC posts all the time about how good or bad I think suggested changes for dinos are, give something like this to a dino that actually needs it to compete with other harvesters like the Doed whos strengths are Stone and Sand, both of which become needed less and less as you progress(Unless you craft Cementing Paste), the Rock Elemental(Has no strengths compared to other harvesters aside from being a good soaker and raid dino) or the Phoenix(Faster than all other harvest dinos and autosmelts metal. Produces some pearls too, but hardly makes up for poop stats). 

The Arthro doesn't need to be a harvesting dino to be good, just go on a crossmap roadtrip with one or something, lord knows that's how I spend my time when I'm not PvPing. 

8 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

Gonna say no. Not only is the Arthro strong already, but this really doesn't make sense for it either, it's a raid mount not a gatherer. Plus, you could say this about really any creature in the game, "There's no need to tame/breed Araneo" "There's no need to tame/breed Pteranodon". Plus, plenty of creatures like the Arthro and Giga are designed with PvP in mind, so their usefulness in PvE isn't all that important.

Nothing you have said here makes sense and is quite dumb.
magmasaur is a raid mount and a gather, there are other dinos that have more than one use. Your point isn’t valid. 
Doesn’t make sense for it? It give the pve players a reason to tame them, not everything is pvp.

Why would you say this about other dinos and not want to fix it so the gameplay is better with more useful dinos? why just say well that’s useless I’m not gonna fix that.... don’t mean to be rude but damn. 

5 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

Yeah, I'm saying it's a silly idea for a non-harvesting creature that spits corrosive acid and deals damage to all structure types due to that acid to try and harvest resources. You don't need a reason to tame Arthros, just tame them. I'm a primarily singleplayer player who tames everything simply because I can, you shouldn't need a creature do "something" for you. 

Well the way i saw it was the corrosive spit is used to break down hard rocks like it does metal so yeah really it goes hand in hand and isnt that hard to put together. 

i watched what happened to the mantis when everyone started using them for element veins, they went from no one using them except for kibble for rock eles to everyone using them for veins on ext and now they are in trading discords. Just looking for a way to use the arthos the same way. 

unfortunately yes you do need a creature to do something for you otherwise no one will use it. 

5 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

All in all, the idea really escapes me. I guess Pachyrhino should be metal harvesters because there's no reason to tame them huh. Or Pachys should be stone harvesters because who uses those am I right? Oooo, here's a good one, the Titanosaur should harvest every resource in the game seeing as how it can crush just about anything under its weight. 

Maybe you're right lets just leave the tames that do nothing for people and let them just die off. 

Gonna say no. Not only is the Arthro strong already, but this really doesn't make sense for it either, it's a raid mount not a gatherer. Plus, you could say this about really any creature in the game, "There's no need to tame/breed Araneo" "There's no need to tame/breed Pteranodon". Plus, plenty of creatures like the Arthro and Giga are designed with PvP in mind, so their usefulness in PvE isn't all that important.

Archived