Not being able to change session filter

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Swap to primitive plus, change your search criteria, change back to regular ark. Worked for me.

You, sir, are amazing! Thank you so very much!!! The Prim Plus fix didn't work at all for me, but your method fixed me up immediately! 

Posted Images

Today I accidentally switched the session filter to non dedicated servers instead of favorites on my xbox one. The game search finds 1-2 non dedicated servers and then freezes. If I click on the servers it freezes. If I don’t click on one it says its still searching and will not let me change the filter even after an hour has passed. If I try to type anything into the search bar, it completely freezes the screen and I have to quit the app and restart it. I’ve tried dozens of things to fix but nothing works. Please fix this :( I’m paying nitrado for a functional ark experience, not a broken game. 

Im having the same dam problem on my xbox. I reinstalled the game, nothing im still stuck on non dedicated. I cant switch back and when i do it freezes. Ive restarted my game and Xbox. I even deleted all my saved data out of frustration and still stuck on non dedicated servers. I lost a lvl 89 player in official online servers... A lot of dinos are gonna r.i.p. now. Whats going on?!?!

Same here. I have tried everything! The session filter is stuck on non dedicated and the sessions never seem to finish loading. Any attempt to do try anything else on screen just crashes the game. I just purchased a Nitrado server and cannot connect to it because I can change the filter to locate my server. This is so disappointing!!!!!!!!! 

I made this account after having that issue. Reinstalled and everything to no avail.   I made this account literally just to share how I regained access to the session filter!

Before step below: unplug you ethernet cable, make sure you go into your xboxs internet settings and disable it from connecting to your wifi. Once done reconnect your ethernet go back online and continue below....

Load up ark, join session browser bleh bleh. While its loading whatever. Unplug your ethernet without leaving the session browser page and wait... 10-15 seconds later once your net DC's and your game freaks outbitll stop the search and you'll be able to change the session filter. If you are only on wifi. I haven't tested sorry, but I imagine if you cut your wifi at the router while on the browser page itll have the same effect. To all having this issue good luck and I hope this helps a few of you out. :)

(sorry for any poor spelling I'm on a phone and have fat fingers, literally typing this as I found out it worked)

Edited by Fuzzypotatosack
Edit added stuff
11 minutes ago, Fuzzypotatosack said:

I made this account after having that issue. Reinstalled and everything to no avail.   I made this account literally just to share how I regained access to the session filter!

Before step below: unplug you ethernet cable, make sure you go into your xboxs internet settings and disable it from connecting to your wifi. Once done reconnect your ethernet go back online and continue below....

Load up ark, join session browser bleh bleh. While its loading whatever. Unplug your ethernet without leaving the session browser page and wait... 10-15 seconds later once your net DC's and your game freaks outbitll stop the search and you'll be able to change the session filter. If you are only on wifi. I haven't tested sorry, but I imagine if you cut your wifi at the router while on the browser page itll have the same effect. To all having this issue good luck and I hope this helps a few of you out. :)

(sorry for any poor spelling I'm on a phone and have fat fingers, literally typing this as I found out it worked)

Hey Bro!! Thank you so much! Works perfectly! 

48 minutes ago, Fuzzypotatosack said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I was on wifi only but I moved to the router, plugged in, turned off wireless connection and did your process! Took a few tries but its working for me and my boyfriend who had the same problem (bc he copied me selecting non dedicated arks bc he thought I just missed something)

5 hours ago, Fuzzypotatosack said:

I am having this same issue, however I cannot find out how to disable my xbox from connecting to wifi. The only way i have been able to do this is by removing my wifi completely. I looked this up and there is no direct setting to stop the wireless connection from happening. 

This is seriously the most frustrating thing. I guess ill keep trying and eventually give up