The Center Map - Resource Locations

NoLimits

Hello all of you PC Ark players,

As you've heard us Xbox players will be receiving the Mod map many of you have been playing for sometime now, I've tried looking for anything that could shed some light on where the main resources are located on this map. On the Island map we know that the 4 mountains is where you get Crystal / Metal and Obsidian mountain is where Obsidian can be found in abundance, we also know that Organic polymer is on the Icebergs with Silica Pearls in the Arctic coast lines or deep along the depths and obviously the swamp is where you head to for CP. 

I was wondering, if at all possible if one of you would be so kind to take the image of the Center Map and off of your knowledge could show us where these resources can be found in abundance. I know it's asking quite a bit but it would be insanely helpful to know going into the game where we may want to locate ourselves and the videos really don't depict that information for us. 

Any and all help would be much appreciated. I'm sure some of this stuff will be found in the same zones but I'm sure you can understand why I'm asking for this information. 

Again, thank you for your help! 

I'm on mobile, can't make any visual guide... But I can try to help explain some of the locations. One thing about the center is that most resources have multiple sources and are very spread out, which is a good thing, as this means where you build is more of a design choice/personal preference rather than how close you are to metal nodes etc. like with the Island.

Also, I definitely recommend checking out this site. It'll be added to over time the creator said, as people contribute. It's a list compiling data about artifacts, caves, sea loot drops, Dino spawns and more. It's really easy to read and well put together. Props to them! https://sites.google.com/site/jagidspage/ark/thecenter

--

Metal - Metal is pretty evenly distributed around the map and can be found almost anywhere. The tops of peaks/mountains in the jungles, the tropical islands, the "Center"/Floating Island, "Batman"/Monster face island, the Snow biomes, caves, etc. all have a couple nodes. But the Center (60, 20) & what we call "Batman" (95, 66 roughly) seems to have the highest density.

Silica pearls - The Ocean, beaver dams, the deep rivers running through the jungles, the steam pools on Volcano island, the large lake in the pine biome underneath the iceberg, the small cave on Volcano island (32, 44), the pool/lake under the floating island.

Oil - Can be found in many of the same areas as pearls. Ocean, rivers, lakes, steam pools, as well as the two snow biomes.

Organic polymer/penguins - Iceberg in the pine biome, between the two snow biomes. (Near 60, 0 on the map)

Obsidian - Volcano island definitely has the highest density.

Charcoal - You can harvest charcoal from the burnt/charred trees on volcano island.

Crystal - Near most metal and obsidian nodes. Center island, Batman, Snow biome, tops of jungle peaks etc. etc.

Chitin - There's quite a few scorpions and spiders in the South jungle cave (78, 60 is the main entrance), can easily bring a saber or wolf in there and farm a decent amount of chitin. The large volcano cave at 27, 65 also has a decent amount of scorps, spiders and beetles.

Paste - The swamp can be found around 60, 40, but Beaver dams are so abundant on this map that's been my go-to source for cementing paste. Many of the smaller ponds in the jungles each have about 2-6 dams up at a time, and there is also a pond of water on one of the levels of the floating island that often has beavers.

---

Here is a map with all known cave entrances and sea loot drops:

jUQr2IF.jpg

There's also another cave inside the bottom of the floating island that isn't found on this map. There are a couple entrances you can fly up into.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, ProjectDanny said:

Wait so only one little tiny snow area? That's so tiny

You are comparing degrees of latitude and longitude as if they were equivalent between maps, when they are not necessarily equivalent in distance.

I do not know the scale of The Center, but I believe it is much bigger than The Island.  Therefore, each degree on the map for The Center covers more distance than each degree on the map for The Island.

2 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

You are comparing degrees of latitude and longitude as if they were equivalent between maps, when they are not necessarily equivalent in distance.

I do not know the scale of The Center, but I believe it is much bigger than The Island.  Therefore, each degree on the map for The Center covers more distance than each degree on the map for The Island.

yeah, wildcard is saying its 2x the size of "TheIsland" and on the Steam page it says "20-40% larger" Maybe they are including the caves... because wow those caves are huge haha

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, XcrazeddoctorX said:

yeah, wildcard is saying its 2x the size of "TheIsland" and on the Steam page it says "20-40% larger" Maybe they are including the caves... because wow those caves are huge haha

Doesn't this map also have its own variation of the Hallelujah Mountains, which would also add surface area for building, exploring, and general tomfoolery.

2 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

Doesn't this map also have its own variation of the Hallelujah Mountains, which would also add surface area for building, exploring, and general tomfoolery.

I believe so, i'v seen a video or two and both of the snow mountains look huge. Several arch-ways in the south as well. The places in caves also add huge amount of surface area ( one of the snow ones are <3 in size)

I am wondering if anyone knows for sure that you can get on the center island but have problems getting off.  I have read it a couple of times, but don't remember any more that it was mentioned that someone was stuck there, they couldn't fly out once they had landed.

Don't see how it would be impossible to fly with a Pateradon off the edge of the floating island.  Anyone know for sure if it can or can't be accomplished?

This can  create a problem if you go there to collect items and then are stuck there. 

47 minutes ago, Janna3921 said:

I am wondering if anyone knows for sure that you can get on the center island but have problems getting off.  I have read it a couple of times, but don't remember any more that it was mentioned that someone was stuck there, they couldn't fly out once they had landed.

Don't see how it would be impossible to fly with a Pateradon off the edge of the floating island.  Anyone know for sure if it can or can't be accomplished?

This can  create a problem if you go there to collect items and then are stuck there. 

I don't know what they're talking about personally? I've landed, dismounted, and mounted again just fine on The Center/floating island, including inside the cave there... It'd make no sense for flying to be disabled there, since you can only reach it by flying.

Thanks, it confused me to, that you could fly there and not be able to fly out.  Maybe it was a glitch at that time and they took it as part of the programing.  Glitches happen all the time even in finished games and often in early access ones.  It was on Steam where I had read it, was checking out The Center to see if I would like to play on that island. 

I like The Island, but variety is a good thing and I want to play on both. 

@Lupen  Thanks for the map, I saved it and will print it out later on.  It helps to know where stuff is at, especially since it is close to double the size of the Island. 

Since you have been on The Center island, could you suggest some safe areas to start out on?  Still learning my way around sandbox games, and the Island, playing single player so I can learn enough to just stay alive and not get eaten every half hour.  A croc almost got me when I started playing the first time on the Island.  Climbed up on a high hill and he couldn't get to me and then it decided to go after a pacer (think I have the name right) and forgot about me.

Anyhow, do you know of any places that has few or no carnivores close by so a player can survive as they get started?  On the Island where the peninsula is, there is a good place where the water ends down the small river there are almost no carnivores in that section.   Plenty of trees, stone and other building items, no piranhas in the water so it is safe there to fish.  

Do you know of similar places on The Center map? 

8 hours ago, Scorpionvenom1 said:

@LupenAre there any mappings of the ruins in existence?

They're all over the South and middle jungles; I mean, I could maybe fly around and grab the coords for all of them later, but there are quite a few. Some are just bits and pieces, a room with some pillars or a staircase, others are a bit more extensive... The largest one I know of off the top of my head (and where I built my base) is at 70, 50. But there are a few other very nice & large ruins just south and east of those coords. Roughly 70, 60 and 77, 50, to name a few.

13 hours ago, Lupen said:

They're all over the South and middle jungles; I mean, I could maybe fly around and grab the coords for all of them later, but there are quite a few. Some are just bits and pieces, a room with some pillars or a staircase, others are a bit more extensive... The largest one I know of off the top of my head (and where I built my base) is at 70, 50. But there are a few other very nice & large ruins just south and east of those coords. Roughly 70, 60 and 77, 50, to name a few.

ok ive probably explored most of them by now then. I only just got a ptera and was wondering where to relocate for a more permanent base. I was basing at 67, 59 but i realized the alcove there is a cave system so im thinking of moving. The primary reason I didnt settle at 70, 50 is because of the spino there that keeps me away pretty well right now. Maybe when i get a long neck.

I was mostly trying to see if there were more scattered throughout the map. the idea of coming accross ancient compounds and ruined cities is fun.

• 3 months later...
On 8/16/2016 at 0:39 PM, Argonassassin said:

Locations have changed since Ark devs made this an official map and changed the scaling of the map

Only the GPS coordinate have changed due to the addition of the huge Redwood Biome. The map is now larger as a result.   Currently, this is the only updated map available from the WIKI. Expect to run into the Force Field if you try to fly up to the plateau or sail around the Forest. The Boss Arena lies on top of the Western Plateau accessible only through the Obelisk.

090MI9Z.jpg

c0zRO0B.jpg

New Map.jpg

I checked on my two Trikes on the uncharted Island last night. There was a map update that downloaded when I loaded in the main screen. As I may lose all progress if I switch to Primitive Plus, I will save the save files to another location.

This is the view from that location;

dkYDOdt.jpg

The second pic is looking West at Land's End. North Tundra is on the left with the outpost on Uncharted Island on the right.

bmO9t88.jpg

Archived