None of the Wyvern, Deinonychus, or Rock Drake nest spawns are working on any of the maps in single player. I've seen this issue personally on both Ragnarok and Valguero, and I've seen others discuss this issue occuring on Scorched Earth and Aberration as well. This is even occuring on modded maps such as Olympus. Everywhere that nests are supposed to spawn, the creatures themselves appear and work perfectly fine but the nests and eggs do not spawn at all. I have tried dozens of dino wipes, relogging, moving to another area of the map for a while to wait for the nests to spawn, changing and eventually disabling all my mods, verifying the integrity of the game cache with Steam, reinstalling the game, and even taking a multiple-month break from the game hoping that this would be patched while I was gone, but nothing has worked at all. This issue has been going on for close to a full year now (since the last Christmas update I think), and it will make the game unplayable for large sections of the single-player userbase if it is not addressed soon.

I just looked in the dev kit, out of curiosity... The whole nest/egg mechanic is based entirely on the beaver dams spawn system, believe it or not.

While implementing beavers in my own map, I encountered a similar issue in how the mechanic caculate the collision in relation to the world in order to spawn said dams. It might be worth checking out and see if it might be related to the ongoing issues.

FYI, eggs don't spawn if nests are in stasis...

Can also confirm the box appereance of the fertilized eggs is also a thing in the dev kit (as of v313.1). All eggs inherit their mesh from their parent, which is "DroppedItemGeneric_FertilizedEgg_NoPhysics". This item has the box as its static mesh....

18 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

I just looked in the dev kit, out of curiosity... The whole nest/egg mechanic is based entirely on the beaver dams spawn system, believe it or not.

While implementing beavers in my own map, I encountered a similar issue in how the mechanic caculate the collision in relation to the world in order to spawn said dams. It might be worth checking out and see if it might be related to the ongoing issues.

FYI, eggs don't spawn if nests are in stasis...

Can also confirm the box appereance of the fertilized eggs is also a thing in the dev kit (as of v313.1). All eggs inherit their mesh from their parent, which is "DroppedItemGeneric_FertilizedEgg_NoPhysics". This item has the box as its static mesh....

Ok thank you for that bit of information. I haven't looked at the beaver dams on any these maps since the glitch happened because I've been playing sparingly since then and I haven't needed cementing paste in a pretty long time. I'll take a look at those on each of the maps in question and see if any have spawned in. If none have spawned in and what you described is indeed the issue, is there any fix to this situation without just waiting for the devs to patch this?

Archived