Auto-decay destroyed - how much time before I see that in my log?!

TheCavemanEx

Hello everyone!

Today I got hit by a wave of "ayto-decay destroyed" on a lot of things. I play on The Center and Primitive Plus server and I wonder if that is just a way to push us out of there and force us to play "The New DLC Extinction" ?! From all the tames and building that got destroyed I only care for the burried purlovia full of accendant and mastercraft rods, crossbows, armour and blueprints. And I am furious because it was not more than 4 days ago I visited my hidden vault and now it is gone while a baryonyx that was next to it still remains!

So my questions are:

1. Does anyone know exactly how much time is needed to be left unrendered before a tame is "auto-decay destroyed"?

2. Has anyone else suffered the same hit lately and was it on Primitiv + server?

3. Is it normal to remove a tame when it is supposed to die from hunger first and what is the point of the Food stat in such case?

4. How I can be sure that tomorow or in few days I will not get another "auto-decay destroyed" burried purlovia, just because devs decided to clear the deadwood and triggered a manual purge on inactive/unrendered tames? After all 4 days is nothing, and if they want me to render every tame I have on daily basis, then screw that game!

I hope devs know what they are doing, because instead of making the base game better, they just throw in more and more SCI-FI cratures and items and new DLCs and that is eventually going to lead the game to oblivion!

Thanks for reading

16 hours ago, Luewen said:

Correction= 8 days.

Well, that is more or less acceptable period if calculated correctly, but I think there must be some sort of other condition with the purlovia, like if it is burrowed and not moved or interacted with its inventory then it is not considered rendered...No other explanation for me how it disappeared hours after a low-leveled rex I left unatended for maybe 10 days while I was fast-travelling to it cave regularily just to make sure it is not auto-decayed...and yet it happens.

I submitted a bug report but obviously nobody has even seen it yet, so I must abandon all hopes to get something back from that support.

If you know where is the right place to submit a ticket and have any chance to be reviewed and handled properly, please let me know. Next time such poop happens and I am off to play something else instead of working hard just to lose everything in a moment in a great but very very buggy game.

LOG2.jpg

8 hours ago, TheCavemanEx said:

Well, that is more or less acceptable period if calculated correctly, but I think there must be some sort of other condition with the purlovia, like if it is burrowed and not moved or interacted with its inventory then it is not considered rendered...No other explanation for me how it disappeared hours after a low-leveled rex I left unatended for maybe 10 days while I was fast-travelling to it cave regularily just to make sure it is not auto-decayed...and yet it happens.

I submitted a bug report but obviously nobody has even seen it yet, so I must abandon all hopes to get something back from that support.

If you know where is the right place to submit a ticket and have any chance to be reviewed and handled properly, please let me know. Next time such poop happens and I am off to play something else instead of working hard just to lose everything in a moment in a great but very very buggy game.

LOG2.jpg

Like above poster said. If there was a server save happening while you were flying around to render stuff it might not actually rendered the dcaued stuff. Or there was server rollback right after you visited the area.

6 hours ago, Luewen said:

Like above poster said. If there was a server save happening while you were flying around to render stuff it might not actually rendered the dcaued stuff. Or there was server rollback right after you visited the area.

I understand that case but does this case makes it ok?! Is there any fault of mine that a valid tame full of the results of my efforts is just removed from the game and thus it should not be restored by the server admins? So far no answer at all to my Bug report and that is all I am going to get and this is when this game makes me sick.

Тhanks anyway for the input guys, have fun while you can ;)

17 hours ago, TheCavemanEx said:

I understand that case but does this case makes it ok?! Is there any fault of mine that a valid tame full of the results of my efforts is just removed from the game and thus it should not be restored by the server admins? So far no answer at all to my Bug report and that is all I am going to get and this is when this game makes me sick.

We dont know the situation at the time of incident. Were there a server rollback or server save going so the stuff did not render to reset timer?

Also big reports dont get reply normally. You need to write a support ticket if you expect a reply. And only if this happened on official server.

17 hours ago, TheCavemanEx said:

It's called, visit it more often than 1x a week.  By visiting the bare minimum, you run the risk of this occuring.  I should know, I lost the same base on scorched 2x to this very thing.  Lesson learned, visit base every 3 days.

Report all you want, complain about what's fair and right.... you still gonna need to visit that base every 3 days instead of 7 if you plan on keeping your stuff.

4 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

It's called, visit it more often than 1x a week.  By visiting the bare minimum, you run the risk of this occuring.  I should know, I lost the same base on scorched 2x to this very thing.  Lesson learned, visit base every 3 days.

Report all you want, complain about what's fair and right.... you still gonna need to visit that base every 3 days instead of 7 if you plan on keeping your stuff.

Agree with the above and would add you should stay on the server till it has done at least one save. If you just hop in and hop out and the server has a rollback before it saves that you refreshed your structures ....they will be lost.

Archived