ability to report facebook paypal

Armywife19

Suggestion

there should be a way to be able to report people who are selling in game items to get paypal. ive come across so many pages and players who ask for paypal and nothing is getting done to enforce it when its against wildcard rules. it honstly ruins the game i think for those who want items that are asking trade for sold and they dont pay paypal for any of it but cant even get a chance because sellers are doing paypal. last i knew the game was to be played with in game items and dinos not a side job for people to screw those following rules over by denying a sell in game.

11 replies to this server topic

8 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Sure. But the transfer of money isn’t. 

But by definition RMT is an act of trading ingame items/ accounts/service with real life money, that means RMT always involve transfer of money.

Does that mean  wild card will never enforce the CoC that "> Real-Money Trading (RMT) - ARK items, creatures, or services must only be exchanged for other items, creatures, or services within the game. Trading for real-world currency (real money) is not an accepted form of trading.", and that ARK official server is in fact a Pay-To-Win game despite wildcard claimed it to be fair-for-all?

I will not perform RMT no matter wildcard's attitude toward it, but i want to know if it is a waste of time trying to do anything that makes the game fair.

• Volunteer Moderator
34 minutes ago, nameless said:

But by definition RMT is an act of trading ingame items/ accounts/service with real life money, that means RMT always involve transfer of money.

Does that mean  wild card will never enforce the CoC that "> Real-Money Trading (RMT) - ARK items, creatures, or services must only be exchanged for other items, creatures, or services within the game. Trading for real-world currency (real money) is not an accepted form of trading.", and that ARK official server is in fact a Pay-To-Win game despite wildcard claimed it to be fair-for-all?

I will not perform RMT no matter wildcard's attitude toward it, but i want to know if it is a waste of time trying to do anything that makes the game fair.

They will enforce it if they catch somebody doing it on official servers. 

And the chance of that happening is slim to none. 

Just now, Joebl0w13 said:

How you can logically divine that from what I just said I'll never know.

What i assumed was that:
1, Wildcard set the rules for enforcers and created CoC.
Enforcer seek and punish the players who disrupt the games according to COC and their rules.
Thus action of enforcers represent the will of Wildcard.
2, RMT using external website is common and Wildcard can not be ignorant of it, Ebay, discord, Amazon, Taobao, Wechat, QQ....... (In fact, RMT is literally present on the page every time i search "ark" survival" in any search engines)
3, Wildcard know of RMT in official network, and enforcers , as both you and me had mentioned, almost always ignore RMT. As a result there is not even a minimized resistance against RMT. If enforcers represent the will of Wildcard, then Wildcard know of RMT but did not put the slightest effort against it.

Thus I reached the conclusion that the conflict between CoC and actual action of the enforces can only be explained if that the "fair-for-all" CoC on the surface is only there to attract new players, that in fact Wildcard supports a completely "pay-to-win" official network, and that the players who do not perform RMT is just an extra "game function" provided for the players who do. 
Is there a logical alternate concussion? 

As a long time Ark official player, i was sad to see that such a well created game corrupted due to failure of management. I believed Wildcard want to remove RMT form official network as well and the problem will solve as time passes.
4 years have passed and no progress was made against RMT. Many players now seem to believe that, in fact, Wildcard secretly receive a cut from RMT. (Or else why will they be unwilling to do anything against RMT?) I always want to find out why there is no progress. Because I am unwilling to believe that the rumor is true, if it is, however, then i will really have to think about what to think next.

• Volunteer Moderator
9 hours ago, nameless said:

if you cant catch every last one of the criminals, you can at least catch enough of them so you set an example for the rest

RMT is not a criminal act. It's something that WildCard bans from taking place in their game (on official servers). They can't control what people are doing outside of it.

On 11/16/2020 at 9:21 AM, Joebl0w13 said:

Even if it's reported there is nothing WildCard can do about it.

Wouldnt it be simple for an admin to register a new steam account and get a free ark copy, then trade with the RMTer?

After confirmation the said admin can record the proof and ban the RMTer. They can also check the account's log in history to destroy all properties in all servers owned by the tribes of the account. That should prevent revival trough an alternate ID.
Admittedly it is not perfect and somewhat tedious, but it is like enforcing the law in real life: if you cant catch every last one of the criminals, you can at least catch enough of them so you set an example for the rest

Archived