Turkey Trial ETA?

darcek

1 hour ago, Zahlea said:

Yeah, it really breaks my heart. I've barely played this whole year since last Winter Wonderland when it was introduced because it just makes the game feel like a job and not fun (since I have to conform to a schedule).

I think when they introduced it, they said it was due to performance reasons. But why not make them perishables instead? The chocolate hearts were... Or, I would even be fine with it being removed once the event is over if they would just leave it for as long as -ActiveEvent was set! Like, even if they stop having the event on Official, if it's set on my unofficial - don't remove anything. Once I no longer have the event set, it could be removed (again, if completely necessary to remove it).

If it's because of performance considerations, then let us unofficials handle it ourselves!

Yup. They shouldn't be able to dictate how long i want to hold my events for. If I have a year long winter event..thats my choice (for example)

7 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Yup. They shouldn't be able to dictate how long i want to hold my events for. If I have a year long winter event..thats my choice (for example)

Especially since I can't see the reason for it. I found a suggestion about it (linked it so feel free to share it around and get as many as possible to vote for it :P ) and there several people quoted that the official reason for it was performance and specifically memory on devices. But I fail to see that there isn't a way around that without having to force-end events.

If they're not going to respect the -ActiveEvent argument, they should remove it!

Edit: They quoted the guy who kept asking about Onyc breeding on Twitter, so maybe we should all start requesting it (respectfully, ofc) on their tweets? It definitely couldn't hurt. And the more that does it the more they realise people want it.

11 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Really nice posting this here as well for information 👍 I've seen on some posts that a moderator has "recommended" another post for viewing, and that appeared right on top of the original post (iirc). Maybe that would be even better to make sure people clicking in on this post sees it right away, especially if it happens that it gets a lot or replies so this gets buried in an earlier page.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Zahlea said:

Really nice posting this here as well for information 👍 I've seen on some posts that a moderator has "recommended" another post for viewing, and that appeared right on top of the original post (iirc). Maybe that would be even better to make sure people clicking in on this post sees it right away, especially if it happens that it gets a lot or replies so this gets buried in an earlier page.

Done.

Archived