Turkey Trial ETA?

darcek

On 11/17/2020 at 10:37 AM, Wikus said:

Due to their new policy ( ok not that new , since Vday ) of removing Event items after event and also removing the ability to keep events running on private server and single player I don't care about events anymore and don't even do any of it anymore.

I don't think that's the case anymore. I'm still running the Thanksgiving event on my server and have been running the other events longer. I think the removing of event items was a one time thing for the Valentine's event to fix the event items because I still have event items from previous events (even events I no longer have active), specifically the candy. Well, maybe two time thing as they first removed the ability to run events longer for the last Winter Wonderland. OMG I really hope they don't plan to prevent us from running this year's Winter Wonderland for as long as we want.

13 hours ago, Zahlea said:

I don't think that's the case anymore. I'm still running the Thanksgiving event on my server and have been running the other events longer. I think the removing of event items was a one time thing for the Valentine's event to fix the event items because I still have event items from previous events (even events I no longer have active), specifically the candy. Well, maybe two time thing as they first removed the ability to run events longer for the last Winter Wonderland. OMG I really hope they don't plan to prevent us from running this year's Winter Wonderland for as long as we want.

It definitely is still the case. They removed all items and candy from the last event ( Fear Evolved ) with an update right after the event ended as well as all the event items from the previous events such as summer bash as well. I don't know how you still have the items as it was physically removed from the game everytime with an update. 
Only the skins stays.

On 11/19/2020 at 9:40 AM, Wikus said:

It definitely is still the case. They removed all items and candy from the last event ( Fear Evolved ) with an update right after the event ended as well as all the event items from the previous events such as summer bash as well. I don't know how you still have the items as it was physically removed from the game everytime with an update. 
Only the skins stays.

You're right! I could've sworn I had some eggs left from the Easter event (didn't play during summer). I just logged in to check, while using -ActiveEvent=FearEvolved, and you're right - no more candy corn spawn, no more candy corn and I can't find the eggs anywhere. I'll hold off on playing this save until Turkey Trials start - maybe during an event, they don't remove stuff? 🤔 It's worth a try.

Either way - it means they took away the possibility of extending events. That sucks so bad, I lost all will to play :( Too stressful to feel forced to play when they want me to.

1 minute ago, Zahlea said:

You're right! I could've sworn I had some eggs left from the Easter event (didn't play during summer). I just logged in to check, while using -ActiveEvent=FearEvolved, and you're right - no more candy corn spawn, no more candy corn and I can't find the eggs anywhere. I'll hold off on playing this save until Turkey Trials start - maybe during an event, they don't remove stuff? 🤔 It's worth a try.

Either way - it means they took away the possibility of extending events. That sucks so bad, I lost all will to play :( Too stressful to feel forced to play when they want me to.

This is a bogus change for unofficial people (their biggest client base) 

I bet it was a change to artificially make the events more worthy because people were hoarding event items / candies / chocolate boxes etc  

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Turkey Trial ETA?
9 minutes ago, d1nk said:

This is a bogus change for unofficial people (their biggest client base) 

I bet it was a change to artificially make the events more worthy because people were hoarding event items / candies / chocolate boxes etc  

Yeah, it really breaks my heart. I've barely played this whole year since last Winter Wonderland when it was introduced because it just makes the game feel like a job and not fun (since I have to conform to a schedule).

I think when they introduced it, they said it was due to performance reasons. But why not make them perishables instead? The chocolate hearts were... Or, I would even be fine with it being removed once the event is over if they would just leave it for as long as -ActiveEvent was set! Like, even if they stop having the event on Official, if it's set on my unofficial - don't remove anything. Once I no longer have the event set, it could be removed (again, if completely necessary to remove it).

If it's because of performance considerations, then let us unofficials handle it ourselves!

Archived