Updated FAQ Please.

DEVILMAN

Hello Everybody. 

My name is Devilman, I am new to the forums, but i have been a long time fan of Ark, especially when I found out it was also headed to PS4. The only problem is, there really aren't any PS4 related questions in the FAQ and it just feels like it might be a little out of date. So here are some Questions I would like to post that I think people who have a PS4 would like to know. 

Playstation 4 related questions

• Release date: Is there anything more specific than June 2016? It is a pretty big month with 30 days in it. 
  • Servers: Will there be options to rent servers (similar to Battlefield 4)? Will we be stuck in a Local Server type mode similar to a PS4 Minecraft? Or will we have to go out and get another PS4 for dedicated servers? 
  • Graphics Options: Will there be similar graphics options on the PS4 as there is on the PC(Motion blur, FOV Slider, AA, Toggle HUD)?
  • Beta Times: I remember hearing talk of a beta before PS4's release. With June right around the corner, is that something that is currently going to be worked on, or will the PS4 owners just get a "functional port"?
  • Mouse and Keyboard Support: Will there be any?

I can help you out with some of these questions. 

Release date: The PS4 will be getting Survival of the Fittest in june/july this year. full release of ark is not until "holiday 2016"

Servers: Currently WC are in talks w/ microsoft about rent able servers on the xb1, I would only assume they are doing the same with Sony, tho we have no official as of yet.

Graphics: options such as those usually dont get ported over in a pc to console port, there is a first time for everything, but I wouldn't hold my breath for such options as they are usually available on PC because not everyone has the same hardware to run the game at the same settings.

Beta: PS4 will not be getting a "game preview" version of ark, you guys have to wait for "holiday 2016" for the full game, tho as I said above, you guys do get SotF in june/july.

M + Key: no clue, on that one, sorry buddy. :(

1 hour ago, DEVILMAN said:

That is kind of lame that it is being pushed back so far when every website says june. Do you have a source.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dino-game-ark-passes-new-sales-milestone-on-xbox-o/1100-6439121/

I can also tell you that using keyboard should be no problem, just hook one up via USB port and it should work fine and dandy, mine does at least (For Xbox). However, Mouse, probably not. I've only heard about Microsoft adding some sort of compatibility for mouse and keyboard with Windows 10, but with Sony... I'm completely unaware.

9 minutes ago, TylerTheDoctor said:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dino-game-ark-passes-new-sales-milestone-on-xbox-o/1100-6439121/

I can also tell you that using keyboard should be no problem, just hook one up via USB port and it should work fine and dandy, mine does at least (For Xbox). However, Mouse, probably not. I've only heard about Microsoft adding some sort of compatibility for mouse and keyboard with Windows 10, but with Sony... I'm completely unaware.

Ya, I couldn't survive without my USB Keyboard hooked up to my Xbox all the time.

Archived