How does someone protect their resources and dinos?

FalconSight24

I've been playing this game for a bit now. Everytime I come back to the game, someone has broken into my house, and all my resources are gone. I could dicide what setting to put my dinos to, becuase if I set them to nuetral, couldn't they like chase away the raiders but also become lost? Can somoene help me out with some tips?

You should find a place thats hard to find, with cover from trees or some area people wouldn't look at. Your dinos wont defend you well, raiders can kill them pretty easily.

The best you can do is spread your supplies among hidden stashes around the map. A box or vault hidden in some place no one will ever look, like sticking partly into the ground, in a random plant, or at the bottom of the sea. When one is found they only get some of your supplies. Hiding dinos requires cryopods.

The only tribe that cant realistically be raided are tribes with 100 turrets in a cave and several people online every hour of the day. Play with the foresight that nothing you have lasts forever.

10 hours ago, Jackpot4 said:

Go to PVE, nothing sounds fun about PVP

Pve is too easy and boring tho. Wild dinos are nothing more than moving resource nodes that drop hide and raw meat. Even as a naked you can run on foot from one end of the island to another in 20 mins without dying. There is not any survival element to pve. Just watching at timers as things tame, raise, crops grow etc. It's literally like watching paint dry.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, jedikitteh said:

Pve is too easy and boring tho. Wild dinos are nothing more than moving resource nodes that drop hide and raw meat. Even as a naked you can run on foot from one end of the island to another in 20 mins without dying. There is not any survival element to pve. Just watching at timers as things tame, raise, crops grow etc. It's literally like watching paint dry.

Yet most of the players in the game play PvE and enjoy it.

Pretty much what Thyme said. Hide your loot! Storage boxes under water or in trees work well. Note that your box will render in before bushes so bushes are no good for hiding in. Or check out YouTube for how to hide storage boxes under foundations. I wouldn’t bother with purlovias unless they are on Aberration because too many people purlovia hunt with wyvs and paras. 

try and build a super small base. Maybe a 1x2 under thick trees in a random spot. I usually start off with a 1x3x2 and can fit smithy, chem and fab in it and I’ll hide the base under trees. 

in terms of maps. I think island and Rag have some good tree cover spots. However I find Ab is the best for hiding a little base. 

Ad indicated above hide your base . Stay low key . Hide vaults at bottom of ocean out of sight. Get some plant X up and get turrets up to protect from non committed raiders. 

Try a skybox quetz base ( google it and check youtube ) 

Use obelisk or drops to upload stuff over night. Some raiders live off drops and obelisk to keep stuff safe. Just watch the 24 hrs  timer.

You can try raft bases . You can mesh boxes into terrain or the board edge. Again check youtube for methods to use rafts to hide storage containers and smithy/ fabricator. 

Best defense is to find a spot to hide. Somewhere people won't look or are hard to get too.

Stay out of global chat . Don't tell people where you are hidden. 

22 hours ago, jedikitteh said:

im probably getting roasted for saying the obvious thing. but basically everyone is trying to give you tips the nice way. they could just say "dont play pvp and play pve."  dont be a squeaky wheel if youre gonna play pvp. literally anything that doesnt break the rules "goes" in pvp

7 hours ago, Xxtheclashxx said:

im probably getting roasted for saying the obvious thing. but basically everyone is trying to give you tips the nice way. they could just say "dont play pvp and play pve."  dont be a squeaky wheel if youre gonna play pvp. literally anything that doesnt break the rules "goes" in pvp

That wasn't the OP ? I'm confused.

40 minutes ago, d1nk said:

That wasn't the OP ? I'm confused.

because the complaint is that PVE = watching paint dry

the immediate proceeding is talking about how to PVP.

if you dont want to PVP....then PVE. dont complain about PVE if you want to PVP, and then say PVP is awful. its a double standard. 

If you're a small tribe, your only defense is hiding
If you get spotted by a big tribe you're done for, even if you hold them off they'll come back again 'cause they have infinite resources to throw away without fear of retaliation
Build in places that are difficult to scout. If people scout with manas, where can't manas go? (High up, extinction past that giant drop off, etc). Got something that can solve that? Use a quetz
Before manas people used flyers. Where can't flyers go? Underwater, so build in a pearl cave. 
Playing on genesis? Use a basilisk or purlovia. Why? 'cause a griefer can't carry a parasaur around on a flyer, so they'll have to walk it everywhere (Imagine that lol)
The first step to losing your stuff is people finding your stuff. Take every precaution to prevent that first step from happening and don't do it half way

All good suggestions but if we as a community were serious about newbs having a chance of having fun in this game with all the megas raiders or griefers we would demand WC stop allowing graphics ini changes. When these raiders can see the world with the rocks trees water brush 100% transparent all of your advice is nice but pointless. Even vaults on sea floor can be seen easily from the surface.  

k camera + ini means hiding things in terrain won’t work either. Purlovia are nice but server resets can make them pop up and paras should not detect while being carried. 

Archived