Community Crunch 246: Live-Ops Update, Fan Art, and More!

StudioWildcard

1604786129_ARK Genesis Part 2 - 07.jpg

What an eventful week it's been!  We hope you had a chance to check out the Extra Life charity stream that happened this past Saturday.  A tremendous thanks to the ARK community for helping us raise over $180,000 for sick children.  Year after year, the ARK community continues to come together to support a great cause.

Speaking of the Extra Life live stream, In case you missed it we've detailed all of the Genesis 2 reveals below.  From Noglin, to the Egg Incubator, the community is having trouble identifying a favorite.

During the Extra Life live stream we also revealed that we'll have a special announcement for the ARK community at The Game Awards on December 10th.  Be sure to tune in for a special treat from Jeremy and Jesse!

Live-Ops Update

We recently deployed a patch that made changes to structure placing and demolition to help increase server performance. 

Previously when replacing a structure, the server had to do complex calculations involving checking all snapped structures to the structure being replaced to verify structural integrity. That calculation has now been eliminated as it is a replacement rather than the placement of a new structure in a new area.  This will really only be highly noticeable on servers with large save files

The change to demolishing structures reduced how much is being calculated.  It's less complex which makes it less intensive and "cheaper" on the server's performance thereby reducing lag, stalls and/or server drops when demolishing.

EVO Event

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

There will be no EVO event this week.

Fan Art

The pinnacle of mankind's ingenuity by TheShadowStone

_the_pinnacle_of_mankind_s_ingenuity_____by_theshadowstone_de8fqf4-fullview.jpg

King Of The River by SoldierofFortuna

king_of_the_river_by_soldieroffortuna_de7whl5-fullview.jpg

Snack? by Omgods1

download (4).jpg

Trashcan McGee (Discord)

20201113_030906.png

DodoRex - Lisalyulf (Discord)

image0.png

The Noglin by ARION

download (3).jpg

Nezuyu (Discord)

2020_ARK_FearEvolved_Noglin-chibi_3wm-resize.jpg

Catch you next week!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

View full article

Can win10/xbox players please get an update on the 30 minute host timeout disconnects from the server?  Every half hour like clockwork since the deployment of the Fear Evolved 4 event (8/26/20).  Saw that you guys deployed a server side patch but thousands of us on unofficial and player dedicated are still having this problem.  Very sad and disappointing and i think I speak for all of us when i say we're feeling neglected :( :( :( 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, UDGxKnight said:

Dont know how to feel about the idea of Ark 2

Did'nt you like the first game? The second installment will be even better! More experienced devs. Wildcard always seem to amaze me with all their new dlc contents. I expect the same with ARK 2. Wherever that Rockwell Station takes us will be the playground for the second installment. The survivors will in the second phase fight their way through a bunch of content and new dlc's to get back home to earth. I estimate a ea release the coming summer. Instead of a new mod map.

After ARK 2 there will be ARK 3 in that installment we will finish of what we started in phase 1 on earth. Just my predictions. I can be wrong but this would make sense imo but I have been dead wrong many times before as Wildcard always blows my ideas away and release even better content that I never could even imagine. Whoever is the loremaster on Wildcard does a very good job!

Edited by Allanballan
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Allanballan said:

Did'nt you like the first game? The second installment will be even better! More experienced devs. Wildcard always seem to amaze me with all their new dlc contents. I expect the same with ARK 2. Wherever that Rockwell Station takes us will be the playground for the second installment. The survivors will in the second phase fight their way through a bunch of content and new dlc's to get back home to earth. I estimate a ea release the coming summer. Instead of a new mod map.

After ARK 2 there will be ARK 3 in that installment we will finish of what we started in phase 1 on earth. Just my predictions. I can be wrong but this would make sense imo but I have been dead wrong many times before as Wildcard always blows my ideas away and release even better content that I never could even imagine. Whoever is the loremaster on Wildcard does a very good job!

lol i like the idea of a a ark  2 only if the devs actualy fix issues as well

• Volunteer Moderator
9 hours ago, StudioWildcard said:

a special announcement for the ARK community at The Game Awards on December 10th.  Be sure to tune in for a special treat from Jeremy and Jesse!

I'm looking forward to this! I didn't pick up on it during the stream!

Also 10,000th post (Tek Tier) wooo!!!

:dod-xmas:

Edited by GP
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Turkey trials will probable brought up in next week’s CC.  I’m interested in seeing what’s coming but I wouldn’t hold my breathe on Ark 2 just yet.  Yes there’s a very good possibility of that becoming a reality, and Jesse has hinted at it numerous times, but if there’s one thing I’ve learned in the almost years I been playing ark, hopes get built up and then smashed.  Gen 2 is still 5-6 months away at the earliest.  Not saying that it wouldn’t be the announcement, just saying anyone that’s played for awhile and kept up on things from studio wildcard knows we’ve seen this movie before.

I can’t wait for turkey trials!  Bring on them turkeys! 

13 hours ago, snugent said:

Can win10/xbox players please get an update on the 30 minute host timeout disconnects from the server?  Every half hour like clockwork since the deployment of the Fear Evolved 4 event (8/26/20).  Saw that you guys deployed a server side patch but thousands of us on unofficial and player dedicated are still having this problem.  Very sad and disappointing and i think I speak for all of us when i say we're feeling neglected :( :( :( 

totaly agreed i been talking about this trying to get intouch on discord and yet halloween event is over now and i am sure there is many players out there that haven't gotten to tame any event colors wich is sad 

• Like 1

Hey WC, I know y'all got a lot on your plate but can you help us primitive+ players out? I know they hear this a lot but primitive+ is pretty broken atm and I believe most of us cannot use anything from TLC 3 among other issues. 

Again I know they have a lot to do but there is still primitive+ players out there still playing and I think I would help a lot to hear something about fixing primitive+