Dedicated server - Xbox One > Xbox Series X/S

Hi guys!

I've done a lot of attempted research on this and testing myself but found nothing, hoping some genius can give me an answer.

I current run a dedicated server via an Xbox One for just me and my friend, he plays on his Xbox and I play on the Windows 10 version. 

As the old Xbox One wasn't capable of hosting Genesis P1 or Crystal Isles on a dedicated server, we decided to start fresh and play the game from scratch in a "story mode" sort of way. We used the ascend cheat command to move between maps and generally assumed when the Xbox X/S came out we could use this function to move to genesis.

Alas, despite being on the same Xbox account and using the same external hard drive as previously used, I am physically unable to download my character or any dinos or items on the new genesis server. 

It seems this is caused because the game save file is local to my Xbox One despite the game itself being installed on the external drive. 

For info tribute/dino/item/survivor downloads are all turned on. 

Question: If I am correct in the above, does anyone know a way I can physically grab the save data from my Xbox One and move it over to the X/S.

I can use external drives and 3rd part software on my PC if necessary however I've tried to "move" the data via the Xbox one settings and there's no option to change it's location (to external/internal).

Theoretically me and my friend are semi-happy to list all of what we have achieved, dinos items kills etc and cheat spawn it all back in however would rather not do. 

Looking for some god-teir advice here :) Thanks in advance x

• 2 months later...

There is a way to send all the data off your xbox one to the x/s, it requires having both on the same network together and activating the data transfer from the xbox's settings, this will allow your xbox one and x/s to find each other and send ALL data including saves to the new xbox x/s, I done this recently and all my single play saved data came over perfectly.

I would also like to know how well the xbox x/s runs a dedicated server and if you can play on it without problems, if anyone has tried it yet, I'm gagging to get my friends on this :)

Archived