Why does the Bleed for the Megalodon Slow you down?

Udam

The TLC is nice but why does it slow you down? 

The Thylo's new bleed does the same damage but it doesn't slow you down. But the Megalodon does?

It makes using things like Megochailon useless for sea travel. because they are slow enough and with the bleed it slows them to a crawl. Same with the ravager and allo, If yall want to have bleed in the game thats fine, but make it balanced!

the Best examples i can give of this is the Dien and thylo

Both do bleed, Both don't slow you down, Both are deadly!

But slowing you down is kinda stupid. 

if you say im bad at the game. Go to genesis get a Pack of 5 of Megalodons, Saros or balsos and Sail across the sea with a Giant turtle,  the Baslios will make you last longer but still not great!

TCAOSS: Make bleed not slow you down, only deal damage

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seconded. Megalodons are known as the dodos of the sea for a reason. They're everywhere and always trying to attack. The bleed makes it almost impossible to do any water swimming, because if they bite you, you're done for because you can't escape anymore.

In all reality, bleed slowing you down never made sense in the first place. It should be a seperate status effect.

1 minute ago, Zen00 said:

Seconded. Megalodons are known as the dodos of the sea for a reason. They're everywhere and always trying to attack. The bleed makes it almost impossible to do any water swimming, because if they bite you, you're done for because you can't escape anymore.

In all reality, bleed slowing you down never made sense in the first place. It should be a seperate status effect.

Same with the ravager but thats kinda worst because you can't get that effect for you're self. 

With both the megalodon and Ravager they should just deal "Bleed" its like gash but it does not slow you down

the only dino i like with this effect is the Allo, becauses they all don't do it, only the Alpha. That effect could be called "Deep wound" 

1 hour ago, JJacky said:

I think the megalodon's slow and bleed effects are spot on. They are supposed to be the horrors of the sea and now they actually are. They are still rather slow and you can outswim them on almost any dino.

the bleed effect is fine, but the slow down thing is dumb, they thylos bleed does not do it, why does the megalodon does it?

It makes using any land animals trying to swim into a death sentence, if you spawn in genesis and you get on a Giant turtle. No matter the health and speed, You're screwed.

it does not help that megalodons spawn Alot

Like i said, keep the bleed, Remove the slowness. 
Same with the ravager 

I’m fine with slow but bleed damage is too much. They’re the most common ocean threat but you have to run away rather than face them because they’ll take a huge chunk of hp

Megachelon really got the short end of the stick here, because it relies on bulk over speed and power. You’ll loose a couple thousand hp every encounter with a shark. By the time you regen that a dozen more have came to attack.

Id rather it be like a blood Wyvern and deal flat damage rather than % or a stamina drain like the salmons bleed.

It wouldn't be as bad if it had a cooldown on being refreshed or some form of diminishing returns. As it stands, if they hit you, it just infinitely refreshes as you are too slow to get out of range for it to fall off.  It is worst on Genesis, though, because the X-Sharks have insane damage reduction and you barely can damage them. 

On 11/13/2020 at 2:30 PM, Zarn said:

Sure has made my easy meat runs on mossas more annoying. On flip side good defenders now for underwater bases. 

agree but like i said, Bleed is fine, slowness is not fun. 

somehow i was able to survive the sea with my magmasaur (don't ask why)

but sense they spawn so often it makes it very anyoing

I always though it would be cool if this could be more sea dinos that would have better roles, rather then being just Megalodons like a xiphactinus (i think i spelled it right)

I was kinda thinking about this today, but the problem here is that the Megachelon SUCKS. They really need an attack that covers their legs, like an alternating stomp on land and a backwards kick in water. If that can't be a thing, make dinos attack their head so they can actually deal with threats. 

It's baffling to me that the largest of the Genesis P1 creatures(Megachelon and Astrocetus) are easily the weakest of the bunch. Ferox is fast, powerful, and borderline OP if you can feed its addiction, Magmasaur is easily the best gatherer dino and is good in PvP, and the Bloodstalker is probably the fastest mount in the game in the right hands. 

Astrocetus does have some raw destructive power, but its hitboxes and overall clunkiness really hinder it and make it easy prey for fliers and guns. Megachelon is huge and slow, but gets attacked by EVERYTHING! Brontos are good mobile bases because they're left alone and can fend for themselves, whereas a Megachelon has issues fighting a Raptor that's attacking its legs. Can't understand how they messed these two up so badly. 

Did they just make bleed slow things down for all bleeds? The other day I took out one of my most op rex to clear out 2 wild Allosaurus near my base that were annoying me. I almost lost the rex, because he seemed to be moving slower and that allowed the allo pack to flank him and then they crawled up his *** and applied repeated bleeds while I was spinning in circles unable to do much. I don't remember ever having that much trouble.

• Volunteer Moderator
36 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Yeah, usually their aggro range is pretty high. Makes no sense to have the slow along with the %bleed. Just trying to think of constructive additions rather than just shooting stuff down 

I've not ventured into the water yet purely because of this TLC. Having experienced plenty of times fighting an Alpha Mega that attracts every megalodon and dunkle and everything else where every shark will bleed you with every hit...... it's enough to discourage anyone.

16 hours ago, d1nk said:

Yeah, usually their aggro range is pretty high. Makes no sense to have the slow along with the %bleed. Just trying to think of constructive additions rather than just shooting stuff down 

same i always try to make something up to make one thing better rather the gut it.

But for both the Ravager and meglo should have bleed, but not the one that slows you down, Maybe the megalodon can have the one they thylo has where its still a percent but does not slow you down. Same with the ravager but only with the swipe attack!

Maybe the meglo has a another bite that does less Base damage but gives the bleed. 

The proper question ofc is can we adapt with reasonable effort. No more swimming lakes as a newb sure but what about when properly prepared. Speed is still an excellent defense, I think even a 100% speed/oxygen character can easily outrun them with flippers. And meatshields and actual shields are presumably still effective. Block attacks on yourself while your guards fight them off, add crossbow dps when not focused. Tames are so much more powerful than wilds that the HP restoration is the only real issue. I've heard cooked meat restores more HP than raw, does that hold for fish?

1 hour ago, Oldster said:

The proper question ofc is can we adapt with reasonable effort. No more swimming lakes as a newb sure but what about when properly prepared. Speed is still an excellent defense, I think even a 100% speed/oxygen character can easily outrun them with flippers. And meatshields and actual shields are presumably still effective. Block attacks on yourself while your guards fight them off, add crossbow dps when not focused. Tames are so much more powerful than wilds that the HP restoration is the only real issue. I've heard cooked meat restores more HP than raw, does that hold for fish?

Regular meat and cooked heals more than fish meat, even for ocean critters, so you should use that. Problem is that ocean dinos are far bulkier than land dinos so healing takes super long. Its best to never even engage with sharks, as if you can bite them they'll hit you back at least once.

Squids seem to be the only sea critter that deals with them well. They have long reach so can often kill sharks without being bit, and can outrun them if overwhelmed. Dolphin is unaffected, it wasn't getting near sharks anyways. Every other sea dinos seems kinda worthless now imo.

1 hour ago, Thyme said:

Regular meat and cooked heals more than fish meat, even for ocean critters, so you should use that. Problem is that ocean dinos are far bulkier than land dinos so healing takes super long. Its best to never even engage with sharks, as if you can bite them they'll hit you back at least once.

Squids seem to be the only sea critter that deals with them well. They have long reach so can often kill sharks without being bit, and can outrun them if overwhelmed. Dolphin is unaffected, it wasn't getting near sharks anyways. Every other sea dinos seems kinda worthless now imo.

The Only sea dino i uses is the Baslio and it does not give the bleed effect when attacked, and it makes the Sea sausage just a much better choice then even the Mosa!

becauses he can deal with both shocks and bleed! while the others are just squishy 

40 minutes ago, KeeblerElf said:

i wouldnt mind the slow if i was able to outswim the shark with flippers on.  as it stands, i can have a headstart with flippers and it can still catch me, bite and slow me. which allows others to catch up even easier.  Is there no cooldown where i cant be slowed again?

no, if it bites you again, it goes back up, And up! and UP!

So using the giant turtle to haul goods is not a good idea!

43 minutes ago, Udam said:

The Only sea dino i uses is the Baslio and it does not give the bleed effect when attacked, and it makes the Sea sausage just a much better choice then even the Mosa!

becauses he can deal with both shocks and bleed! while the others are just squishy 

What ? Do you mean that the Basilo is immune to the new bleed effect inflicted by megalodons ?

Archived