Jump to content

Why does the Bleed for the Megalodon Slow you down?


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Udam said:

The Only sea dino i uses is the Baslio and it does not give the bleed effect when attacked, and it makes the Sea sausage just a much better choice then even the Mosa!

becauses he can deal with both shocks and bleed! while the others are just squishy 

 

1 hour ago, Elgar said:

What ? Do you mean that the Basilo is immune to the new bleed effect inflicted by megalodons ?

If so.....awesome 

 

Edit: Verified in my discord. The basilo is immune to the bleed / slow :)

Edited by d1nk
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've not ventured into the water yet purely because of this TLC. Having experienced plenty of times fighting an Alpha Mega that attracts every megalodon and dunkle and everything else where every shar

The TLC is nice but why does it slow you down?  The Thylo's new bleed does the same damage but it doesn't slow you down. But the Megalodon does? It makes using things like Megochailon useless fo

Posted Images

  • Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, d1nk said:

 

If so.....awesome 

 

Edit: Verified in my discord. The basilo is immune to the bleed / slow :)

This is a load of rubbish! It is not at all immune to bleed and slow. After 2 sharks it was going down like crazy.

20201117210207_1.jpg

Edited by GP
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Volunteer Moderator
23 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Aw poop. I was misinformed in discord then, I'm sorry.  My source said it did.. and he was in the water currently on his basil. Any special parameters or just doesn't work?

Just doesn't work. I swam to the first shark and let it bite me and instantly started bleeding and with every bite it refreshed to 9.9. I killed it, another shark had agro'd, I killed that but it bite me a couple of times, then I slowly swam back to base.

Losing 3k HP after two low level sharks is OP.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GP said:

Just doesn't work. I swam to the first shark and let it bite me and instantly started bleeding and with every bite it refreshed to 9.9. I killed it, another shark had agro'd, I killed that but it bite me a couple of times, then I slowly swam back to base.

Losing 3k HP after two low level sharks is OP.

I agree completely. The %bleed is to much. Sorry again for misinforming you. Don't know if its a specific thing turned on our unofficial ? I don't know why he wouldn't notice it 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the future outbalancing of ARK.

Welcome to 2021, where everything does some sort of annoying damage, or has a general routine to be a nuisance which you can't disable.  They probably already have Ankle pecks with bleed slowing damage in the works for Dodos and compies.

If things like this are added they should be configurable so we can disable it if we choose, or have a method to counter it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, d1nk said:

I agree completely. The %bleed is to much. Sorry again for misinforming you. Don't know if its a specific thing turned on our unofficial ? I don't know why he wouldn't notice it 

It's possible your server uses a Mod that changes it maybe. Also maybe @Udam can shed some light on this as he said it doesn't get bleed/slow effect either, but it most definitely does by default.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Volunteer Moderator
23 minutes ago, sjskdjkfa said:

There was a thread somewhere specifically asking for megs to be more scary. Wild card delivers what one group of people ask for and another gets upset. Rinse and repeat. lol

There's scary and then there's just stupid. I'll leave the players to decide which one this is.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems to me the megalodon should be a terrifying sea biscuit. And now it is.

Lots one can do, but if they inflict penalties there should be a way to counter those penalties with the right approach or creature.

So I agree with the spirit of the change: making it terrifying to take dinos not adapted to water into the ocean should be severely punished, but this is a bit over the top.

I would like to see the slow removed too: In the ocean, if you aren't fast you are food. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DiamondLlama said:

Seems to me the megalodon should be a terrifying sea biscuit. And now it is.

Lots one can do, but if they inflict penalties there should be a way to counter those penalties with the right approach or creature.

So I agree with the spirit of the change: making it terrifying to take dinos not adapted to water into the ocean should be severely punished, but this is a bit over the top.

I would like to see the slow removed too: In the ocean, if you aren't fast you are food. 
 

would be cool if there was like a sea soup to feed to make your creatures have a anti meg buf

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GP said:

There's scary and then there's just stupid. I'll leave the players to decide which one this is.

Agreed. And for the record I've actually put off some ocean tasks cause I'm not ready to personally find out how scary they are now. So I'm not going to voice an opinion on that yet. But looking at your mutated near 450 100%imp asc saddle basi with a missing 3k chunk of health... 😮

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, sjskdjkfa said:

Agreed. And for the record I've actually put off some ocean tasks cause I'm not ready to personally find out how scary they are now. So I'm not going to voice an opinion on that yet. But looking at your mutated near 450 100%imp asc saddle basi with a missing 3k chunk of health... 😮

Yup and that was only after 2 Megalodons, which can be evidenced by the 4 shark teeth in the inventory.

Admittedly I did let them bite me a few times to check the bleed and to watch the bleed get reset to 9.9 with every bite. So in reality I would have killed them a bit quicker, but very often you'll get quite a few Megalodons on you at one time as they are the Dodos of the ocean.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, GP said:

It's possible your server uses a Mod that changes it maybe. Also maybe @Udam can shed some light on this as he said it doesn't get bleed/slow effect either, but it most definitely does by default.

Naw were console so no mods besides .ini changes and I dont think out admin changed it. He's very good with changelog editing to let us know exactly what has been changed 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2020 at 2:32 AM, GP said:

It's possible your server uses a Mod that changes it maybe. Also maybe @Udam can shed some light on this as he said it doesn't get bleed/slow effect either, but it most definitely does by default.

ill have to check. on my normal map and the server i play on. ill let you know.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Volunteer Moderator

I don't have a video to prove it but my screenshots tell you everything....

Basilo was full HP at 40347.5.

I agro ONE shark and let it bite me once.

20201119204332_1.jpg

It did 2 damage, and you can see the 9.5 bleed/slow timer in the top right.

I then immediately access my Basilo inventory.

20201119204338_1.jpg

You can see straight away i've lost ~1.2k HP.

I let the shark bite me 4 more times which each time it did 2 damage and once 8.

20201119204354_1.jpg

You can see in this screenshot above I kill the shark and the bleed/slow timer is down to 6.7 (it refreshes to 9.9 with every bite) and my HP down more than 4k.

I swim back to my base at which point the bleed/slow timer expires.

20201119204423_1.jpg

You can see my HP is even lower at that point, when it starts going back up.

If that isn't proof of bleed damage on Basilo I don't know what is.

However, this is on The Island with normal Megalodon and Basilo. Not tested it with Genesis variants.

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...