Why does the Bleed for the Megalodon Slow you down?

Udam

On 11/19/2020 at 3:54 PM, GP said:

I don't have a video to prove it but my screenshots tell you everything....

Basilo was full HP at 40347.5.

I agro ONE shark and let it bite me once.

20201119204332_1.jpg

It did 2 damage, and you can see the 9.5 bleed/slow timer in the top right.

I then immediately access my Basilo inventory.

20201119204338_1.jpg

You can see straight away i've lost ~1.2k HP.

I let the shark bite me 4 more times which each time it did 2 damage and once 8.

20201119204354_1.jpg

You can see in this screenshot above I kill the shark and the bleed/slow timer is down to 6.7 (it refreshes to 9.9 with every bite) and my HP down more than 4k.

I swim back to my base at which point the bleed/slow timer expires.

20201119204423_1.jpg

You can see my HP is even lower at that point, when it starts going back up.

If that isn't proof of bleed damage on Basilo I don't know what is.

However, this is on The Island with normal Megalodon and Basilo. Not tested it with Genesis variants.

the gen ones do it, and its bad, there are SO MANY BLOODY SHARKKS!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update from devs :

We've identified an issue with the current implementation (they're not meant to have the slow) that'll be tweaked up in the upcoming patch. The team is evaluating additional changes too, but at the very least that slow will be removed.

Source : https://www.reddit.com/r/playark/comments/jytjez/petition_to_remove_megalodon_bleed/gd98o17?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

• Volunteer Moderator

They need to do a lot more than just remove the slow. I mean it's good progress, but the percentage of HP loss for every bite if you get swarmed by a load of them is really bad. If they don't do much to change that then they need to reduce their spawn rate instead of making them the Dodos of the ocean.

• Volunteer Moderator

- Fixed a bug where Tamed Megalodons were accidentally applying the Gashed debuff, causing a slow and a bleed, rather than the Gnashed debuff which would only cause a bleed. Additionally, Wild Megalodons will no longer apply the bleed effect (Gnashed) to their targets.

29 minutes ago, GP said:

- Fixed a bug where Tamed Megalodons were accidentally applying the Gashed debuff, causing a slow and a bleed, rather than the Gnashed debuff which would only cause a bleed. Additionally, Wild Megalodons will no longer apply the bleed effect (Gnashed) to their targets.

soo now they do what? if no gnash effect (bleed) or slow they are back to normal megas with a pack buff? lame sharks again :(

Archived