Should servers be restricted to regions?

Zarn

I'm split on this issue . For one id love to be free of massive waves of Russians , Chinese, and lately Turkish tribes on official NoTek cluster 6 .

On the other hand it make for some good pvp . Except when you spend 3 days real time digging them out of a cave . 

On the other hand its just annoying dealing with waves of aimbot and other hacks being utilized by the newest additions to the cluster. 

Would limiting access to specific regions be better for the community as  a whole ?

P.s why do you hate our cluster wildcard? 

yes lock them to the region cause im sick of seeing squares (yes i could get the language pack so i can see rus or asian but its still unreadable), also i find on PvE the 'other non region type tribes use all the server space they get to simply store dinos 100's of rexes / wyverns etc etc yes the EU people could and prolly will do the same but at least its less issues than the others - weak argument yup but its been like this since beta and it eats away at you after all these years lol

• Volunteer Moderator
19 minutes ago, CptChandler said:

Region locks should have been implemented 4 years ago. Only reason it has not. The overloards of WildCard.

WildCard is ruled and commanded.

Vpn's can be blocked. Plenty of games auto kick players when they use vpn's. 

Region restriction would massively improve server performance. 

They refused to lock them long before being sold to SnailGames.

I am all for Community in Ark. And communication is a part of that on PVE servers. If you use a non regional Ark Server be kind enough to use the Regions language. If you choose not to, please use tribe / local chat for your regional Chat. Be one of the many that do show respect. If that is not possible I would support Geo Blocking to keep the peace.

Yes. I've played this game off and on from the beginning and whats sad is there's always been two major issues with the game from my perspective.

1. Bugs 

2. The non-private server experience is really bad, poorly thought out and needs an overhaul

Region locking servers would help but its like one problem out of 50. 

JUst an fyi also, I was doing some investigating on servers that crash and which ones that dont for extinction.  While it seems fashionable to call all the disconnects the result of dupers and or people who are on the other side of the planet,  what I found was striking similarities across multiple servers(almost all) extinction servers having crashes and disconnects at the exact same time.  It is likely that when everyone gets kicked from one server, it's happening on other servers as well at the same moments.  

Just my 2 cents 

Some players are from regions that do not have allocated Server I.E Africa 

If it were to follow the same suit as other games it would default to Asia or Asia OC 

Sadly we play mostly on EU server as the Ping and packet loss is vastly less the OC/ Asia 80 vs 190ms and 0.5% vs 1.5% 

If we were lock this would almost kill off at lest one pool of players for official 

Archived