Kentro saddle (Idea)

Udam

Suggestion

Yes i drew this and i know its poor! but! 

"I have seen many poor survivors try to ride the mighty Kentro, Which Mostly ends up with someone Hurt. well i have the Solution, The Kentro Saddle/Throne. you are High enough where the spikes can hit you and you can control it "-Udam 

This saddle would be unlocked much later then the stego due to its Odd shape, Know i know you're saying "Udam, due to all the spikes on the kentro it would not allow you to sit on it!" 

But the way its built Much like a Chair/throne so you sit on the seat and with the ropes you can control it! There is leather Straps on the neck, the 2 spikes next to you, and the belly! so you can stay up and stable without falling off! 

Crafting is in the smithy and needs 
350 Hide
10 Metal ingot
25 Silica
250 Fiber
Gives 10 Armor 

The Abilities you have while riding the kentro are 

Bite: Low damage but take little stamina to no stamina (can gather berries) 
Stab: A Lot of damage, Can implail Smaller Dinos and can smack them around. (also able to slam them on the ground) (Deals bleed damage to large targets like a dien) 
Run (run pretty fast!)

11 replies to this server topic

2 hours ago, Udam said:

he will try to drink you're blood if he is hurt.

That has nothing to do with riding it though. 

The Roll Rat has a cage to protect survivors, though I do agree the Doed wouldn't be very comfortable. Wyverns were "designed" to be ridden as mentioned by Helena in their dossier, and Basilisks... ehh, if they can burrow I'm sure their holes are big enough for survivors to be comfortable in. 

Just think the Kentro is good as it is right now, and given their slowish speeds and small size wouldn't benefit from being rideable mounts aside from the armor, but you could easily just give them helmets like shoulder pets and the Gigantopithicus.

On 11/13/2020 at 11:01 AM, Qwertymine said:

Kentros are rather small though, I doubt a person could comfortably make a seat like that on one. Plus, if a dino is designed to be unrideable it usually stays that way(Moschops being the exception, that's because it's literally useless without being rideable). 

yeah it would be unconfutable, but hey at least you can ride it, i don't think riding a Stego is fun, or a Bloodstalker. Im working on 3 drawling of ideas of where you would ride it, the main one is half way where the plates and the spikes are, you would stick out though due to the saddle being elevated so you can sit on a chair like saddle kinda like a thorny dragon. 

Another is around the neck again its elevated so you can fit, but thats a maybe.

I think they are Just the right size to ride, not to big and not too small. Patchys, Moshchops, Frogs.

Plus with the dossier, Helana may not have found a way to ride it, but some Mad man or woman was able to ride it, (would not be the first time she was wrong about something)

On 11/26/2020 at 12:59 PM, Qwertymine said:

That has nothing to do with riding it though. 

The Roll Rat has a cage to protect survivors, though I do agree the Doed wouldn't be very comfortable. Wyverns were "designed" to be ridden as mentioned by Helena in their dossier, and Basilisks... ehh, if they can burrow I'm sure their holes are big enough for survivors to be comfortable in. 

Just think the Kentro is good as it is right now, and given their slowish speeds and small size wouldn't benefit from being rideable mounts aside from the armor, but you could easily just give them helmets like shoulder pets and the Gigantopithicus.

i guess but if i was on the ark i would try to ride one do to its caplitys 

Plus its a herb Pack animal, we only have meat eaters that are pack animals. i like to see that kind of thing 

"hum do i want to have kentros or wolves?"

yeah you could say that any animals can be a pack animal but im talking about boost. like wolfs and raptors.

On 11/23/2020 at 10:23 AM, Qwertymine said:

Stego has an appropriately sized saddle though, and the Bloodstalker grabs onto you like a backpack. 

well its still prolyl not fun or comfy, the stego maybe, but the bloodstalkerm hell no. he will try to drink you're blood if he is hurt. 

some with a basilisk, rolerat, Wyvern, Dodie, and others.  

16 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

It’s too small and armor would be better. Also Thorny dragon saddle

what do you mean too small? like the saddle or the ketro?

because we can ride frogs, patchy's, Ichys, big seagulls? they are just the right size for a saddle. thats why its built like a throne so you have more space to ride it but it would make the rider more exposed.

the Reason why it would it should have low armor is to balance the Spike damage, if it did spike damage and took less damage that would make them stupid strong. Plus there is not much protection on the kentro where attacks would happen, Just Leather Belts.

and thorny dragon saddle? What do you mean.

2 hours ago, Udam said:

yeah you could say that any animals can be a pack animal but im talking about boost. like wolfs and raptors.

Honestly, for unmountable creatures I'd take an appropriate "Alpha" creature as a mount. Like for Kentros, ride a Stego. For Troodon ride a Raptor(Or Yuty if you want the Troodon to be little ravenous babies) and for Hyaenodon use a Dire Wolf. This gives pack that extra oomph they otherwise wouldn't have, and having a bigger dino proves useful when your pack creatures swarm something and you can't quite hit it. 

Archived