Better PVE magmasuar vs golem

Voidableant

Magmasaur gets metal, no crystal.....Golem gets crystal, not metal....

The golem levels up weight faster, and not much aggression on it.....walking on the ocean bottom, it was ignored by even sharks.

Magmasaur gets attacked by sharks....

I have doed’s but it would be nice to grind stone without raptors mugging me before my theriz cuts it up....

I can trade for one or the other in my server.....so any opinions?  Thanks!

Odd? Maybe....it just seems that the magma and the golem are both good for slightly different things.

I was mostly interested in farming stone walls for a new base.

The golem...more weight....good for building stone PVE structures on the move....as is the magma, but the magma isn’t as strong (hp) or weight and takes up a lot of space (I have a small base).

I have ankys, and an argy and I’m not close to crystal or metal and no cryopod yet.....

Thanks

9 minutes ago, Voidableant said:

Odd? Maybe....it just seems that the magma and the golem are both good for slightly different things.

The golem...more weight....good for building stone PVE structures on the move....as is the magma, but the magma isn’t as strong (hp) or weight and takes up a lot of space (I have a small base).

I have ankys, and an argy and I’m not close to crystal or metal and no cryopod yet.....

Thanks

Should try doedi and basilisk then... Easy stone farming 

44 minutes ago, TiTmellais666 said:

Doubt he would farm underwater with anky and argy?

Nah, I'm saying I'm doing it/that it works, just as an added suggestion.

For example, to the north of the Wyvern trench on Ragnarok, there's an underwater trench with the same kind of rock formations that's in the trench, where there's a significant amount of obsidian nodes. I go there with a dunkleo/basilisk, and I get about the same amount of obsidian per node as I get with a magmasaur on land. I just mentioned it as an fyi.

5 minutes ago, Fresiki said:

Nah, I'm saying I'm doing it/that it works, just as an added suggestion.

For example, to the north of the Wyvern trench on Ragnarok, there's an underwater trench with the same kind of rock formations that's in the trench, where there's a significant amount of obsidian nodes. I go there with a dunkleo/basilisk, and I get about the same amount of obsidian per node as I get with a magmasaur on land. I just mentioned it as an fyi.

Rag metal mountain got ton of obsi so no need for diving still... but yeah options are always there

11 hours ago, Voidableant said:

Thanks

Assuming you don't know the engram trade for cryofridge as a priority over either golem or magmasaur.

Cryo pods are cheap and can be made in drops or obis and access to this means you don't need to farm as much stone as you can have a smaller base if your dinos are in cryo.

You can also fly to whatever location you want and as long as your argy has decent weight, unpod your golem or magma,anky or doed farm as much stone/metal/crystal/obsidian as your argy can hold, pod up your dino and fly home. No having to walk half the map on a slow assed golem to get to the resource you want to farm.

Archived