different game modes

DickDansin42024

Primitive is, to quote the original patch note "Only stuff available that you might actually find in caveman-era tech", so anything that isn't fabricated, uses electricity, and stuff like that. Unfortunately, I don't remember off hand what the exact engrams are.

Hardcore is a permanent death mode, once you die you lose everything (levels, stats, engrams, dinos, etc) and you have to make a new fresh character.

Both game modes are a fresh and fun change if you have been on regular official servers.

I previously really liked Primitive and logged quite a few hours on a few servers, really enjoyed not being c4'd every night :P 

then Giganotosaurus was released and suddenly your awesome stone base that took weeks to build is eaten in moments! But I'm sure more balancing will come with this later on.

hardcore is a blast and a real challenge- especially early on in the game now as there are a lot more threats to fresh players compared to on release :)

main thing to remember is try them all and see what fits your playstyle and time constraints :D 

Archived