Jump to content

Xbox series x loading times


Recommended Posts

I agree!

7 year olds should not be playing this game it is rated PEGI 16. Parents need to take more responsibility to prevent this menace to the community

The majority of DDOS attacks, glitching, duping and griefing are perpetrated by 7 year olds it's totally out of control.

Wildcard need to do more to stamp out the 7 year olds currently infiltrating the game for their nefarious underhand activities. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Arkaholic said:

Nvme drive in the series x is a game changer for Ark but it's being help back by old hardware

I think its time to stop 7 year old hardware joining official PvP servers for game and server stability

The requests from the server-side to the client-side are small instruction sets, for the pc/ps/xbox to then display whatever instruction is sent.  The same happens when you see an enemy player and/or base, or your own tribe and base.  I of course didn't program ARK, but understanding what I do about MMO games, this is a fast and dirty explanation about what it takes.

So, as @Joebl0w13 said, they basically hold themselves back.  The data-requests are handled by the internet connection and whatever adapter is used on the given platform (wifi or ethernet).  The game sends its position to the server, and the server sends an information update back about what the game is supposed to render in based on position.  It's all just simple construct code, like xxx number of walls/ceilings/foundations at xxxxxxx, xxxxxxx, xxxxxxx coordinates.  It is then up to the hardware to build that structure, but the construct code is already stored locally on the client hardware so after it sends to the client, it isn't a drain on the servers performance anymore.  It becomes a drain on the client's hardware then, because the client's game has to tell the hardware to render a huge base or 200 dinosaurs.

If anything, the speed and stability of the server's connection as well as number of incoming requests would be much, much, much more important in overall server performance!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheDonn said:

The requests from the server-side to the client-side are small instruction sets, for the pc/ps/xbox to then display whatever instruction is sent.  The same happens when you see an enemy player and/or base, or your own tribe and base.  I of course didn't program ARK, but understanding what I do about MMO games, this is a fast and dirty explanation about what it takes.

So, as @Joebl0w13 said, they basically hold themselves back.  The data-requests are handled by the internet connection and whatever adapter is used on the given platform (wifi or ethernet).  The game sends its position to the server, and the server sends an information update back about what the game is supposed to render in based on position.  It's all just simple construct code, like xxx number of walls/ceilings/foundations at xxxxxxx, xxxxxxx, xxxxxxx coordinates.  It is then up to the hardware to build that structure, but the construct code is already stored locally on the client hardware so after it sends to the client, it isn't a drain on the servers performance anymore.  It becomes a drain on the client's hardware then, because the client's game has to tell the hardware to render a huge base or 200 dinosaurs.

If anything, the speed and stability of the server's connection as well as number of incoming requests would be much, much, much more important in overall server performance!

Surely it doesn't store the code locally if you disconnect server?

There's parts of maps i can disconnect the server with the Xbox One if it's built up enough or has hundreds of Tames that i can't do with the Series X.

How do you explain that?

Imo that's the definition of old hardware holding back new hardware.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, Arkaholic said:

 

Imo that's the definition of old hardware holding back new hardware.

 

 

No.

I suggest you read this.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiym6HLp_3sAhVMHqwKHaRqAeIQFjAAegQIBRAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cs.ubc.ca%2F~krasic%2Fcpsc538a%2Fpapers%2Fquake_ispass00.pdf&usg=AOvVaw3vQgptbi0Dyk-rrneVwPaw

The performance bottlenecks are the compute power of the server and the number (not type) of connected clients.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Arkaholic said:

Surely it doesn't store the code locally if you disconnect server?

There's parts of maps i can disconnect the server with the Xbox One if it's built up enough or has hundreds of Tames that i can't do with the Series X.

How do you explain that?

You're saying that an Xbox one rendering a higher density area brings the entire server down, whereas a series x doesn't?

A few more questions arise:

-Are you sure it brings the server down and doesn't just kick the single client experiencing the lag?  If it isn't bringing the server all the way down and kicking everyone, it is again just hurting itself.

-Is it 100% truly repeatable?  If it doesn't happen -EVERY SINGLE TIME- then you can't be certain of the cause, just like above.  Even if the base is flown over once or twice where it doesn't crash, that is enough to falsify the claim.

Having a new console is great, I'm sure.  Better response, better loading times, better framerates, all great!  Having Xbox series x exclusive servers isn't going to improve performance, though.  Official servers will always have giant lagfest bases, even for PC players that spend more than the cost of 2 series x consoles on a single piece of hardware.  It's just a fact of playing ARK.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...