thoughts on new incubator structure coming in Gen P2

Kodking194

so with the announcement of the new incubator coming in Gem P2 i am super hyped, its gonna make breeding so much easier, no more mass hatching eggs to hunt for mutations. since we will be able to see the colour and stat that the mutation will give then im going to assume we will also be able to view info like the eggs stats, region colours, level and gender. Now that we have an incubator it would be cool if we got some kind of way to automatically collect eggs. maybe have the incubator have different craft-able upgrades. like an upgrade that can further increase the incubation speed of the eggs, can automatically collect the egg or possible other customizable upgrades. let me know what you guys think of this new structure coming and what impact it will have on the game.

18 minutes ago, mackyish3r3 said:

breeding easy with egg incubator. one thing im curious is: are fert eggs babies predetermined? i had popped a baby, then server rolled back, then popped a diferent stat baby from same egg. so how would the incubation chamber work?

i was actually talking about this with a friend on discord. i assume they will change the code so layed eggs will be assigned actual characteristics like the babies when layed, instead of the baby being assinged the characteristics only after it has hatched

1 hour ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Also I wasn’t paying 100% attention, but do we even know it holds eggs, and not just tells eggs stats? I’m not sure... 

We do. In its current iteration it holds 12 eggs. They said it might be changed, but it would hold 8-12 eggs. You hatch them inside, and if you are filling it with only one type of egg, you can set the temperature for that specific egg type so it hatches faster. When done hatching, the egg will stay at 0% until you take it out, it won't actually hatch inside the machine. I also think they said, if all slots are filled with the same type of egg, they will hatch faster, but it was unclear to me if they were referring to the temperature thing, or if you can stack two hatching time boosts - one for temperatur and one for filling all the slots. We'll see. I watched 17,5 hours of the stream lol. 

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, mackyish3r3 said:

breeding easy with egg incubator. one thing im curious is: are fert eggs babies predetermined? i had popped a baby, then server rolled back, then popped a diferent stat baby from same egg. so how would the incubation chamber work?

Maybe eggs are pre-determined at 0% incubation, just prior to hatch?

It is curious how the incubator will know stats before it is determined, but maybe it is something like at 0% incubation then maybe the incubator won't show the stats until the egg is ready to be removed and hatched? Curious though.

1 hour ago, GP said:

Maybe eggs are pre-determined at 0% incubation, just prior to hatch?

It is curious how the incubator will know stats before it is determined, but maybe it is something like at 0% incubation then maybe the incubator won't show the stats until the egg is ready to be removed and hatched? Curious though.

i have been learning a lot lately about asset characteristic inheriting when coding video games. from what i know, the babies inherit certain characteristics from their parents this would be their stats, colours and potentially gender, however gender is not a given as it may just be coded that there is a 50/50 chance the baby will be a male or female in the coding. but back to the point. im assuming and to me this would seem the more efficient and easy way. is for them to just code the eggs to inherit the characteristics of the parents. now this is assuming its not already done. eggs may already have inherited characteristics and we just have no way of viewing them until now. this could open up may pathways to mods focused on improving or changing breeding in ark.

9 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

have been learning a lot lately about asset characteristic inheriting when coding video games. from what i know, the babies inherit certain characteristics from their parents this would be their stats, colours and potentially gender, however gender is not a given as it may just be coded that there is a 50/50 chance the baby will be a male or female in the coding. but back to the point. im assuming and to me this would seem the more efficient and easy way. is for them to just code the eggs to inherit the characteristics of the parents. now this is assuming its not already done. eggs may already have inherited characteristics and we just have no way of viewing them until now. this could open up may pathways to mods focused on improving or changing breeding in ark.

The stats are one parents randomly(55/45 to the higher level) colors are a mix of the parents I think, then a ChangE with mutation, and male or female is 55/45 to the higher level. And I do belive it is random at the point of hatch, but maybe they will change it? (poor broken mods) Or eggs cant be removed without destroying them, or they only show the stats when they are “ready to hatch”? And if they do the first option, tons of possibilities with mods!

1 hour ago, Dinobros2000 said:

The stats are one parents randomly(55/45 to the higher level) colors are a mix of the parents I think, then a ChangE with mutation, and male or female is 55/45 to the higher level. And I do belive it is random at the point of hatch, but maybe they will change it? (poor broken mods) Or eggs cant be removed without destroying them, or they only show the stats when they are “ready to hatch”? And if they do the first option, tons of possibilities with mods!

ok, so im going to try an explain this as simple as possible. from what i have been learning about coding in game assets. ones like the creatures in ark. stats and colour are characteristics. when the babies hatch from the eggs they seem to inherit their parents characteristics AKA stats and colours from its parents. the odds for what exactly it inherits from it parents may not be 50/50 for both parents but still. now assuming the eggs layed by the parents dont already have code which results in them inheriting the parents characteristics and we just cant see them. then WC would just have to code the eggs to have these inherit characteristics from the parents.

• 6 months later...

Archived