SharedPointer.h line:658

DrDefenestrator

17 hours ago, LimezSourz said:

I don't have java installed atm because I removed an outdated version. No difference before or after == I really wished that I could read my crash code...  What really bugs me is that it crashes at a fixed time range... 

What "fixed time range?" Have you tried monitoring the temperatures of you GPU and CPU? If they're too hot, that might crash your game or system.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, GregoPeck said:

What "fixed time range?" Have you tried monitoring the temperatures of you GPU and CPU? If they're too hot, that might crash your game or system.

My temps never get really hot, I checked that last year as it was one of my first suspects as first. 

However last night after painstakingly searching online with pieces of the error msg I found that a part of my system was *very* outdated by a few years and I took more than 1 hr to update. I ran the game overnight on the main menu but to my surprise the game din't crash for the first time since the issues started. 

Now I'm gonna run some stress tests such as single player and official servers, hopefully this goes through all the way and finally end my problems through the last 7 months. 

29 minutes ago, LimezSourz said:

My temps never get really hot, I checked that last year as it was one of my first suspects as first. 

However last night after painstakingly searching online with pieces of the error msg I found that a part of my system was *very* outdated by a few years and I took more than 1 hr to update. I ran the game overnight on the main menu but to my surprise the game din't crash for the first time since the issues started. 

Now I'm gonna run some stress tests such as single player and official servers, hopefully this goes through all the way and finally end my problems through the last 7 months. 

Awesome! I've been worried the last couple of days about my PC, because of playing Gen2. I had dusted my PC as I do every season and it seemed better, but then it got hotter. I had turned off VSync in hopes to reduce the amount of stuttering (FPS dropping) I was experiencing, which I think may have helped, but didn't eliminate stutters. I've now re-dusted my PC and moved it from sitting on the ground to next to me on the desk, giving it a lot more breathing room. It seemed better, but not greatly. I've decided to re-enable VSync and that seems to have helped a little more, although the stuttering is still there just like in the beginning. I'm slightly uncomfortable about these temps still, but they are slightly better than earlier. I also think I may be worrying too much about the temps I'm seeing since the hardware can technically endure them and hasn't hit max temps yet.

I hope everything goes well for you! Good luck!

ошибка 658 продолжается, из игры выкидывает каждые 2 часа, исчезнет ошибка только когда в одной из обнов игры что-то поменяют,... в декабре месяце 2020 года ошибка исчезла после очередного обновления игры, я уверен что связана она с DLS Генезис 2, в 2020 ошибка появлялась с ивентами.

658 9.06.jpg

After 5 days of hard cracking down this I... 

FINALLY FIXED IT 

Turns out that a part of my system was VERY outdated and updating the drives solved the problem. However... I spent more time trying to fix other system issues because the update actually uprooted a significant part of my system. My language keyboard was messed up, and later I had to deal with a much more annoying issue with battleye causing BSODs when starting the game. 

Advices from me going through this ordeal, this justifies that also you need to check if your drivers are up to date. The crash code was constantly pointing towards the system files in my computer. 

2 hours ago, LimezSourz said:

After 5 days of hard cracking down this I... 

FINALLY FIXED IT 

Turns out that a part of my system was VERY outdated and updating the drives solved the problem. However... I spent more time trying to fix other system issues because the update actually uprooted a significant part of my system. My language keyboard was messed up, and later I had to deal with a much more annoying issue with battleye causing BSODs when starting the game. 

Advices from me going through this ordeal, this justifies that also you need to check if your drivers are up to date. The crash code was constantly pointing towards the system files in my computer. 

I'm glad to see you've found a solution. I hope what we've said here helps others who've run into the same issue.

• 2 weeks later...

5 days of looking? I have been trying to fix this issue since Genesis 2 launched. Haven't been able to play offline since (by offline I mean no internet). Plays online but if I try to launch the game while offline it immediately crashes the instant it gets to the main menu (after launching the game). Have done everything from full Steam and Ark re-installs (and manually deleting all files including mods) to editing my registry and system32 hosts file (as some have suggested). NOTHING has worked at all. Feeling very defeated and somewhat sad because I love this game (is actually my favorite game) but not being able to play offline is a deal breaker for me. Refuse to buy/play any game I cannot play offline. I am using the MSI Live Update tool to update my drivers now (already updated my GFX card to the latest version) but I have little faith. The crash log seems like it is trying to fetch HTTP requests but coming up null so it crashes, something I think can only be fixed by Wild Card. And I along with many others from the Steam forums have written the devs multiple times this month begging for a fix or at least an explanation and have heard nothing back. Sucks so much if I have to stop playing this game due to this.

EDIT: So you can add updating all drivers to the "list of things that didn't help at all". Good God I am p***ed off.

• 1 month later...

Same here.

Tryed to join on legacy and to an unnoficial server where i play and i get the same error , already made a clean fresh install on EG client and game and the result is the same.

When joining , me and my wife get that error..

Different machines, same error

edit: This error started since last night (4am)

Platform : PC Epic Games

Capturar.JPG

1 hour ago, r3f3sis said:

Since today, i'm trying to log into an official gen2 server and ...

immagine.thumb.png.a5f1e226c21c7d66f62a43ae1f1514b5.png

Does anyone else have this problem?
I have already tried to reinstall the DLC

Pc player - EPIC GAMES
SO windows 10 Pro 21H1 - rx580 - r5 2600 - 16gb ram

52 minutes ago, Rompecuecas said:

Same here.

Tryed to join on legacy and to an unnoficial server where i play and i get the same error , already made a clean fresh install on EG client and game and the result is the same.

Capturar.JPG

I got that error a while ago and it seemed to be because I was not connected to the Internet, even though I was playing in single player mode. It resolved itself when my Internet connection was restored. I think it has to do with CloudFare (I think that's what it's called). I can't really help, but read some of the old messages in this thread, try out the things we tried and see if something works for you. Otherwise, I recommend submitting a bug report.

Update , so i found out i could connect to the server i was trying but i have to connect to it via SINGLE PLAYER.
Join single player map, open tab and type 
Open 111.111.11.1:0000 (change ip to the one you need to join)

have in mind that the Battle Eye will kick you 1 or 2 minutes after that with the message " client not responding" cos when you join from single player, vac probably is off

kick.jpg

26 minutes ago, Rompecuecas said:

Update , so i found out i could connect to the server i was trying but i have to connect to it via SINGLE PLAYER.
Join single player map, open tab and type 
Open 111.111.11.1:0000 (change ip to the one you need to join)

have in mind that the Battle Eye will kick you 1 or 2 minutes after that with the message " client not responding" cos when you join from single player, vac probably is off

kick.jpg

yeah i can confirm that this method works, after 2 minute, battle eye kick from the server.

I tried to reinstall the Epic Games client and the whole game (with all DLCs), same error.
I tried to shut down modem for 1 minute, same error.
I tried to launch game with the option: -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -sm4 -d3d10 -nomansky -lowmemory -novsync, same error.
I tried to use LAN connection, wifi connection, 4g connection, same error.

Our Customer Support is better than the official customer support...

21 hours ago, Rompecuecas said:

Same here.

Capturar.JPG

Assertion failed: IsValid() [File:F:\build\SummerBash2021\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Templates\SharedPointer.h] [Line: 658] VERSION: 336.12 KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction (0x000007fefd70b87d) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0] ShooterGame.exe!FOutputDevice::Logf__VA() (0x0000000141b053b8) + 159 bytes [f:\build\summerbash2021\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:145] ShooterGame.exe!FDebug::AssertFailed() (0x0000000141af20d8) + 117 bytes [f:\build\summerbash2021\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:220] ShooterGame.exe!FOnlineSessionEOS::JoinEOSSession() (0x0000000142f8c659) + 68 bytes [f:\build\summerbash2021\engine\source\runtime\online\onlinesubsystemeos\private\onlinesessioneos.cpp:2216] ShooterGame.exe!FOnlineSessionEOS::JoinSession() (0x0000000142f8cd9b) + 17 bytes [f:\build\summerbash2021\engine\source\runtime\online\onlinesubsystemeos\private\onlinesessioneos.cpp:2121] ShooterGame.exe!FOnlineSessionEOS::JoinSession() (0x0000000142f8cbe6) + 0 bytes [f:\build\summerbash2021\engine\source\runtime\online\onlinesubsystemeos\private\onlinesessioneos.cpp:2166] ShooterGame.exe!AShooterGameSession::JoinSession() (0x000000014098b730) + 213 bytes [f:\build\summerbash2021\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\shootergamesession.cpp:1109] ShooterGame.exe!UUI_ListSessions::DoJoinSession() (0x0000000140e9e2b6) + 0 bytes [f:\build\summerbash2021\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\ui_listsessions.cpp:1030] ShooterGame.exe!TBaseUObjectMethodDelegateInstance_NoParams<UCharacterViewPanelWidget,void>::Execute() (0x000000013fbe9285) + 0 bytes [f:\build\summerbash2021\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl.inl:544] ShooterGame.exe!FTimerManager::Tick() (0x00000001424e45b2) + 35 bytes [f:\build\summerbash2021\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\timermanager.cpp:1084] ShooterGame.exe!UWorld::Tick() (0x00000001422f954d) + 0 bytes [f:\build\summerbash2021\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\leveltick.cpp:1294] ShooterGame.exe!UGameEngine::Tick() (0x0000000142270c91) + 0 bytes [f:\build\summerbash2021\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameengine.cpp:1183] ShooterGame.exe!FEngineLoop::Tick() (0x000000013fba3478) + 0 bytes [f:\build\summerbash2021\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2441] ShooterGame.exe!GuardedMain() (0x000000013fb9e56c) + 0 bytes [f:\build\summerbash2021\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:140] ShooterGame.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() (0x000000013fb9e5ba) + 5 bytes [f:\build\summerbash2021\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:125] ShooterGame.exe!WinMain() (0x000000013fba3e1c) + 17 bytes [f:\build\summerbash2021\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:213] ShooterGame.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() (0x00000001432fd14d) + 21 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618] kernel32.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00000000778f556d) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0] ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x0000000077b5372d) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0] ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x0000000077b5372d) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]

Here for exactly the same and or directly related issue, was able to play up until yesterday. Logged into the Ark starting page and pulled up server lists to see it was on average about 50 short. Mine was not present and when searched found nothing as if CrystalIsles-853 is just missing, yet related sites claim its both up and various people are logging on and off easily. I discovered if i sorted by Favorites only it suddenly appeared AND when any attempt to log into it is made i recieve this error and a Freeze before it even tried to "Loading server" 

Tried various fixes after googling it yesterday to no help but did try logging into some random server, Isles-854 which shows up on the list normally when searched, and found i both loaded fine and got all the way in successfully.

VERY desperate to fix this issue as weeks of work will starve and die soon. !~PLEASE ASSIST~!

Same boat here, not able to connect theisland-891

14 hours ago, Umans said:

Assertion failed: IsValid() [File:F:\build\SummerBash2021\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Templates\SharedPointer.h] [Line: 658] VERSION: 336.12 KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction (0x000007fefd70b87d) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0] ShooterGame.exe!FOutputDevice::Logf__VA() (0x0000000141b053b8) + 159 bytes [f:\build\summerbash2021\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:145] ShooterGame.exe!FDebug::AssertFailed() (0x0000000141af20d8) + 117 bytes [f:\build\summerbash2021\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:220] ShooterGame.exe!FOnlineSessionEOS::JoinEOSSession() (0x0000000142f8c659) + 68 bytes [f:\build\summerbash2021\engine\source\runtime\online\onlinesubsystemeos\private\onlinesessioneos.cpp:2216] ShooterGame.exe!FOnlineSessionEOS::JoinSession() (0x0000000142f8cd9b) + 17 bytes [f:\build\summerbash2021\engine\source\runtime\online\onlinesubsystemeos\private\onlinesessioneos.cpp:2121] ShooterGame.exe!FOnlineSessionEOS::JoinSession() (0x0000000142f8cbe6) + 0 bytes [f:\build\summerbash2021\engine\source\runtime\online\onlinesubsystemeos\private\onlinesessioneos.cpp:2166] ShooterGame.exe!AShooterGameSession::JoinSession() (0x000000014098b730) + 213 bytes [f:\build\summerbash2021\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\shootergamesession.cpp:1109] ShooterGame.exe!UUI_ListSessions::DoJoinSession() (0x0000000140e9e2b6) + 0 bytes [f:\build\summerbash2021\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\ui_listsessions.cpp:1030] ShooterGame.exe!TBaseUObjectMethodDelegateInstance_NoParams<UCharacterViewPanelWidget,void>::Execute() (0x000000013fbe9285) + 0 bytes [f:\build\summerbash2021\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl.inl:544] ShooterGame.exe!FTimerManager::Tick() (0x00000001424e45b2) + 35 bytes [f:\build\summerbash2021\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\timermanager.cpp:1084] ShooterGame.exe!UWorld::Tick() (0x00000001422f954d) + 0 bytes [f:\build\summerbash2021\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\leveltick.cpp:1294] ShooterGame.exe!UGameEngine::Tick() (0x0000000142270c91) + 0 bytes [f:\build\summerbash2021\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameengine.cpp:1183] ShooterGame.exe!FEngineLoop::Tick() (0x000000013fba3478) + 0 bytes [f:\build\summerbash2021\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2441] ShooterGame.exe!GuardedMain() (0x000000013fb9e56c) + 0 bytes [f:\build\summerbash2021\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:140] ShooterGame.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() (0x000000013fb9e5ba) + 5 bytes [f:\build\summerbash2021\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:125] ShooterGame.exe!WinMain() (0x000000013fba3e1c) + 17 bytes [f:\build\summerbash2021\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:213] ShooterGame.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() (0x00000001432fd14d) + 21 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618] kernel32.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00000000778f556d) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0] ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x0000000077b5372d) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0] ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x0000000077b5372d) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]

Here for exactly the same and or directly related issue, was able to play up until yesterday. Logged into the Ark starting page and pulled up server lists to see it was on average about 50 short. Mine was not present and when searched found nothing as if CrystalIsles-853 is just missing, yet related sites claim its both up and various people are logging on and off easily. I discovered if i sorted by Favorites only it suddenly appeared AND when any attempt to log into it is made i recieve this error and a Freeze before it even tried to "Loading server" 

Tried various fixes after googling it yesterday to no help but did try logging into some random server, Isles-854 which shows up on the list normally when searched, and found i both loaded fine and got all the way in successfully.

VERY desperate to fix this issue as weeks of work will starve and die soon. !~PLEASE ASSIST~!

Same boat here, not able to join theisland891 from Epic with exactly same situation.

Connect via single player method work for me to connect though, at least avoid decay.

Yes its been days and nothing back from wildcard yet have had an open ticket with them for 3 days and havent received so little as a response. Looks like i sure as hell wont be buying ark 2 and ill be sure to persuade people NOT to buy ark 2 aswell considering there's a good chance theyll have to deal with some ridiculous thing like this and lose all theyre stuff because they just paid for something that has little to almost no customer support or technical support. 

Archived