.arkprofile in Clustered Servers

mvrxoo

Hello,

At the start of this year I got ARK for free in the Epic Games Store. I've set up a dedicated clustered server with LinuxGSM. Last week I bought ARK in Steam and copied all the local savefiles from the EGS-Installation folder to the new Steam-Installation folder. Everything works fine and I could keep all my local progress.

As soon as I connected to the server, I started in the character editor screen. I checked the savefiles in my server and there was a new .arkprofile file created. So I renamed my EGS .arkprofile file to the new ID I got from Steam. After that I could connect to the server and had all my progress I made with the EGS profile. 

Now the problem: Everytime I travel to another server in the cluster, the transferred .arkprofile file has the ID of the EGS. Also the .arktributetribe file is not transferred. If I change the ID (from EGS) to my new one from Steam I can connect again and have no issues. 

Can I do something to get rid of this issue, like changing the IDs in a config file, without creating a new character?

thanks for any help in advance.

Regards mvrxoo

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, mvrxoo said:

Hello,

At the start of this year I got ARK for free in the Epic Games Store. I've set up a dedicated clustered server with LinuxGSM. Last week I bought ARK in Steam and copied all the local savefiles from the EGS-Installation folder to the new Steam-Installation folder. Everything works fine and I could keep all my local progress.

As soon as I connected to the server, I started in the character editor screen. I checked the savefiles in my server and there was a new .arkprofile file created. So I renamed my EGS .arkprofile file to the new ID I got from Steam. After that I could connect to the server and had all my progress I made with the EGS profile. 

Now the problem: Everytime I travel to another server in the cluster, the transferred .arkprofile file has the ID of the EGS. Also the .arktributetribe file is not transferred. If I change the ID (from EGS) to my new one from Steam I can connect again and have no issues. 

Can I do something to get rid of this issue, like changing the IDs in a config file, without creating a new character?

thanks for any help in advance.

Regards mvrxoo

The ID of that profile is carried within its structure (UniqueNetIdRepl and SavedNetworkAddress) properties and one or the other is likely used when naming the file. Try to open your profile with a text editor such as Notepad++ and replace all occurrences. It may or may not works, depending if the structures is carrying the length of the ID which will cause unpacking issues since EGS are 2 digits longer than SteamID. Make sure to make a backup.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, mvrxoo said:

thank you fro your help.

in the .arkprofile file I can find the properties you named. But I can't find where I should replace the ID. Inbetween those properties I have values (which seems hashed or something). Am I just stupid and can't find it or am I not seeing the obvious?

Upload your profile and post both IDs.

• Volunteer Moderator
On 11/11/2020 at 3:53 AM, mvrxoo said:

Sorry I'm late. Here you go:

Steam ID: 76561198010282981, EGS ID: 6966207936820914949

Thanks for your help.

Try to replace the following with your SteamID64:

2a76775b87a14fecad57db43e31767f8|00027b6ede274de4b4a2eb0efce4329e

That property is a null-terminated string, so its size isn't hard-coded in the packed structure and should be properly parsed regardless of its value.

9 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Try to replace the following with your SteamID64:

2a76775b87a14fecad57db43e31767f8|00027b6ede274de4b4a2eb0efce4329e

That property is a null-terminated string, so its size isn't hard-coded in the packed structure and should be properly parsed regardless of its value.

Thanks for your reply. I replaced the whole string with my new SteamID. I could load into the game and I'm out of the tribe on my server. That seems to be the proper behavior if I change my id. I got a friend who can invite me to the tribe again (the admin command didnt work). 

What seems odd to me is, that everytime I log off from the server the profile file from my EGS-Account gets updated (last change date is the date/time I logged off). I had this issue before too.

I think the best is, I just create a new survivor and get back into the tribe. This is fine for me.

Thank you very much for your help. Have a nice day.

Regards mvrxoo

Archived